Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Congrats to my friends TC and Seth on ordering their MOrgan Cup irons. You made wise choices and I can't wait to see them in your hands! I hope you enjoy the 588's as much as I do.

TC and Seth, I'm mean mugging both of you right now...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I am about to become really acquainted with this stunningly beautiful set of irons.

Dear Cleveland...

Thanks for giving us the option to game this iron for the Morgan Cup. That is all for now.

Singed,

Infatuated

I am about to become really acquainted with this stunningly beautiful set of irons.

as am i.
i will say that these weren't really on my radar until i had a chance to hit them up against the CG Black irons, which were my first choice.
the CG Black treated me pretty well...but i couldn't get past the off-set. it was just too much for me.
also...a local pro also raved about these irons, saying i'd be crazy not to go with them.
plus 2012 Golf Magazine Hot List, can't go wrong there.

Cleveland Golf has done a great job in 2012, infusing new technology with classic looks. Cleveland Classic, Mashie FW and Hybrids, and the 588 irons and wedges are really making a splash in the golf world right now. I'm very grateful to be a part of this "movement". Cleveland has been the epitome of class and they continue to impress me at every chance they get.

I can't stop thinking about these possibly showing up very soon.

looks like majority of the Cleveland staffers have gone with this. With JB being the unknown and Yorkem going with the Blacks. I'll be real interested to see what you all think about these. Except for Hawk, I already know what he thinks

looks like majority of the Cleveland staffers have gone with this. With JB being the unknown and Yorkem going with the Blacks. I'll be real interested to see what you all think about these. Except for Hawk, I already know what he thinks

Well, you sort of do! Two things that are unknown are how I'll feel about them with the shaft I chose and how they'll play on the course vs the range.

Well, the feedback from the good ball strikers has been positive
:alien:

I don't think these irons are for everyone, and the fact that they come stock with S300's and the stock lie angle are a little flatter than most out there, I'm not surprised that many didn't "love" them. However, I think they offer a club head that is a little longer from heel to toe than my i20's, they will be coming with a shaft in a weight range almost identical to my i20's, and the lofts will match my i20's and the length and lie angles will match my i20's. To say I'm excited is a massive understatement.

Well, the feedback from the good ball strikers has been positive
:alien:

I don't think these irons are for everyone, and the fact that they come stock with S300's and the stock lie angle are a little flatter than most out there, I'm not surprised that many didn't "love" them. However, I think they offer a club head that is a little longer from heel to toe than my i20's, they will be coming with a shaft in a weight range almost identical to my i20's, and the lofts will match my i20's and the length and lie angles will match my i20's. To say I'm excited is a massive understatement.

I didn't know that. That might of caused all of my toe hits at Demo day. hhhhmmm

I didn't know that. That might of caused all of my toe hits at Demo day. hhhhmmm

Yep, do your research Grant, LOL

Yep, do your research Grant, LOL

HAHA. I wish I had time. I hope they have these in the database at Golf Tec.

I sure did think of these irons a lot today during my round. I'm still somewhat speechless that I had the chance to order them. These will be my pride and joy's of everything in my bag. I wish I could convey how appreciative I am to be given the chance to put them in my hands. I hope they offer the levels of control and precision I'm expecting.

I sure did think of these irons a lot today during my round. I'm still somewhat speechless that I had the chance to order them. These will be my pride and joy's of everything in my bag. I wish I could convey how appreciative I am to be given the chance to put them in my hands. I hope they offer the levels of control and precision I'm expecting.

Yes sir!! The next few weeks are going to be killer, can't wait to put the burners on the back burner in favor of slim and sessy. Lawd I need some patience.

--
Tapatalk2

Yes sir!! The next few weeks are going to be killer, can't wait to put the burners on the back burner in favor of slim and sessy. Lawd I need some patience.

--
Tapatalk2

Me too dude, me too. It's hard not to be giddy about these sticks.

Me too dude, me too. It's hard not to be giddy about these sticks.

If you don't hit every last single GIR on par 3's during the MC it'll be time to put em' in the "memorabilia" bag in lieu of another set of irons you have been getting acquainted with...

If you don't hit every last single GIR on par 3's during the MC it'll be time to put em' in the "memorabilia" bag in lieu of another set of irons you have been getting acquainted with...

LOL...I'll be ok buddy. Don't worry.

How long do you guys have to wait for your irons? Cleveland told me they would ship out 2nd week of June...and I think I ordered them about 3 weeks ago.

First one to get em wins a gold star!

TC I picture you looking like this everyday

c6e4e9ac-e6e4-91a6.jpg

I guess that in due time, I'll be adding some thoughts to this thread. I can't wait to hit these with KBS Tour shafts in them, every time I've hit them has been with the Dynamic Gold shafts.

Cant wait to see some in hand pics and reviews from the staffers!

I went to sleep thinking about these last night. Really can't wait to hit them with a shaft that I know I like. Part of me regrets not getting the 5 iron, but I figure I'll buy one down the road if it's really something I want.

I have big hopes that these show up in the next few days. I don't expect them today, but I do know FedEx ships on Saturdays. Still some time to get them in the bag for a round on Sunday. I'm equally excited about the hybrids.

I have big hopes that these show up in the next few days. I don't expect them today, but I do know FedEx ships on Saturdays. Still some time to get them in the bag for a round on Sunday. I'm equally excited about the hybrids.

I honestly dont think we will see these until later next week at the earliest. The clubs for the Morgan Cup are usually done by the Tour department and I dont think I saw a stock setup from any of the orders that were posted in the thread. That takes time to build.

I honestly dont think we will see these until later next week at the earliest. The clubs for the Morgan Cup are usually done by the Tour department and I dont think I saw a stock setup from any of the orders that were posted in the thread. That takes time to build.

That was the one thing I thought about that could make them a little bit slower getting here. Oh well. I've never had a set built for me, so it will be worth the wait.

The hybrids aren't custom though ;) One can hope at least!

Back