Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

No, there absolutely isn't. My last three shots with them were those ones that just left me smiling dude.

I knew that iron was getting close to failing, but it waited for the worst moment possible.

man i'd take it out of play be scared to get a scratch on it. thats the problem with great looking irons.

man i'd take it out of play be scared to get a scratch on it. thats the problem with great looking irons.

I sort of got over that with my last set, though I'll say these seem to be holding up better than they did. No big deal. I just re-epoxy that sucker and have it ready for Sunday.

Good news and bad news regarding the 588's tonight.

Bad news first - my epoxy job on the 8 iron was sub-par and I threw a clubhead during a pretty important swing. Oops!

Good news is that I hit them as well, if not better, than I have in a long time. It's such a cliche, but swinging smooth sure does make it easier to hit a ball well. I was finding the center of the face a lot more, but I was a little longer than expected a few times, which got me in some trouble. Regardless, I left feeling the 588 love in a big way.

i like the good news better. i love 588 love.

Me too dude. I would have played all night if I could have. Just one of those nights I guess.

Bad news first - my epoxy job on the 8 iron was sub-par and I threw a clubhead during a pretty important swing. Oops!

Good news is that I hit them as well, if not better, than I have in a long time. It's such a cliche, but swinging smooth sure does make it easier to hit a ball well. I was finding the center of the face a lot more, but I was a little longer than expected a few times, which got me in some trouble. Regardless, I left feeling the 588 love in a big way.

You didn't scuff it up didja?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Nah. It was in the grass. On the other hand, the ball sort of had some issues ugh.

LOL, time to seek professional help with the epoxy'ing my man. Sheesh, that could have been bad dude. You could have lost that sucker.

Stupid me. I would have jumped off a bridge if I lost that head.

Wow, that sucks Hawk, but I'm glad you found it and didn't damage it. Also, awesome that you hit the 588s so well. I'm glad you guys are still loving these irons after the event. It really speaks for them, especially that TC took these over the i20s.

Yea, it's my own fault I guess. Probably didn't prep the shafts well enough or kept them in the car too long. I should have known when I saw a little gap between the ferrul, but I'm a procrastinator.

Wow, that sucks Hawk, but I'm glad you found it and didn't damage it. Also, awesome that you hit the 588s so well. I'm glad you guys are still loving these irons after the event. It really speaks for them, especially that TC took these over the i20s.

Yeah, they're good irons buddy. I was fortunate that I could outfit them with different shafts for sure.

Yea, it's my own fault I guess. Probably didn't prep the shafts well enough or kept them in the car too long. I should have known when I saw a little gap between the ferrul, but I'm a procrastinator.

I would be the same way man. It's hard to ignore golf when it's calling.

I'm anxious for some mward and tadashi feedback!

Almost forgot about that. That's going to be quite the difference for mward coming from the RBZ's.

Almost forgot about that. That's going to be quite the difference for mward coming from the RBZ's.

Yeah, that's a wee bit different

Not the first time I've had blades though. Had em in the bag during the range part and I was hitting everything low left. It was with every single club and I had a bad feeling about it. Knew it was going to be a day of fighting it so I put the rbz's back in thinking they'd make a difference. Nope. Playing on Tuesday, gonna remember what I did the back 9 today and see if that helps.

Well that was a bit of a let down. Hopefully you can get that stuff worked out buddy.

Well that was a bit of a let down. Hopefully you can get that stuff worked out buddy.

Understatement man. I was so excited and then wtfranks. A 50yd hooking stinger 8i is a cool shot to have, but not really score productive. I'll get it figured out.

Understatement man. I was so excited and then wtfranks. A 50yd hooking stinger 8i is a cool shot to have, but not really score productive. I'll get it figured out.

Ah, so you were just channeling your inner Tiger

That's right man, you got time on your side! Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Ah, so you were just channeling your inner Tiger

That's right man, you got time on your side! Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

I could of used that twice last Saturday!

I could of used that twice last Saturday!

This shot is in the repertoire with the 588's. Can't really hit it low and controlled, but high huge hook...yezzir

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Bummer that you couldn't get them on the course, mward. I think we need some pictures by the way.

Reshafted the 8 iron last night after talking to the guy at the shop I buy my stuff for club work. Sounds like I wasn't mixing up the epoxy enough. Hoping I did a decent job this time around.

Bummer that you couldn't get them on the course, mward. I think we need some pictures by the way.

Reshafted the 8 iron last night after talking to the guy at the shop I buy my stuff for club work. Sounds like I wasn't mixing up the epoxy enough. Hoping I did a decent job this time around.

I think you're correct about the pics. I'll get them cleaned up a bit and take a few tomorrow.

Hit 14 greens today. Had the 588's dialed in. Felt really good.

Hit 14 greens today. Had the 588's dialed in. Felt really good.

Nice going. What did you end up shooting?

I will likely get my first swings with these at the Iowa tour stop and I am looking forward to it.

Nice going. What did you end up shooting?

I will likely get my first swings with these at the Iowa tour stop and I am looking forward to it.

76. Poor putting as read in WDYST thread.
They're great dude, I think you'll really like them. Smaller than the JPC's, but just as great and rewarding as well.

76. Poor putting as read in WDYST thread.
They're great dude, I think you'll really like them. Smaller than the JPC's, but just as great and rewarding as well.

Man. I wish I could shoot a 76 with poor putting!

Took the 588's out to the range today just so that I don't fall out of a groove with them. Just so pleasing to strike a shot well with these. The feel, the sound, the ball flight. Just enjoyable.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Back