Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

Just 1 more day....TT/Aerotech awesomeness

TTs are bad ass, they are not going anywhere for me.

Dealing with a very slow course on Sunday and the group behind us walked up to the tee box as we were getting ready to hit. One of the guys asked me if I had the new Clevland irons, which I thought was cool. Not really expecting interest in them from a random.

Continue to be a big TT fan. Hell, I'm an MT fan as well, but since I hit these more I'm able to enjoy them a little more. Best shot of the weekend came from the TT PW, which is a club that I historically struggle with on full swings. Just a club that I flip like a pancake, regardless of the brand, and when I do it goes nowhere but up. It's been getting better this summer slowly though. I had the option of swinging the PW hard or swinging the 9 iron soft and I decided to hell with swinging soft. Ended up with a 5-6 foot putt for birdie that really made my day. Conquered a little demon.

I'm struggling to think of an iron that beats these in terms of looks/forgiveness/distance/feel on the market right now. I can think of some that compete with them, but they are at the top of the heap.

Dealing with a very slow course on Sunday and the group behind us walked up to the tee box as we were getting ready to hit. One of the guys asked me if I had the new Clevland irons, which I thought was cool. Not really expecting interest in them from a random.

Continue to be a big TT fan. Hell, I'm an MT fan as well, but since I hit these more I'm able to enjoy them a little more. Best shot of the weekend came from the TT PW, which is a club that I historically struggle with on full swings. Just a club that I flip like a pancake, regardless of the brand, and when I do it goes nowhere but up. It's been getting better this summer slowly though. I had the option of swinging the PW hard or swinging the 9 iron soft and I decided to hell with swinging soft. Ended up with a 5-6 foot putt for birdie that really made my day. Conquered a little demon.

I'm struggling to think of an iron that beats these in terms of looks/forgiveness/distance/feel on the market right now. I can think of some that compete with them, but they are at the top of the heap.
Every time I put these in play, I love them more. Long and straight, it's all I get out of them. Add in the fact that I get plenty of spin on shots in to the greens and can stick my shots, and they are practically unbeatable.

No doubt dude. I'm consistently seeing hop and stop or a little spin back if the greens are wet. Forgiveness is great as well. Hit a nice shot into a shorter par 3 on Sunday about as thin as I could without blading it and got a very makeable birdie putt out of it.

Distance is there too. I tend to not trust it (or myself I guess), but I'm getting better there. Have to stay aggressive.

Bottom line is I have a very consistent shot shape at the moment and I feel like I have a great chance at getting on the green with one of these in hand. Clubs are still in excellent shape as well. I'm a fan of understated, so the looks really appeal to me.

4 Rounds in with these irons and we just arent quite clicking quite yet. This past round was the first time I really noticed the "feel" difference between these and the DPC's I gamed prior to. Just a more harsh feel than what I was accustomed to hitting before.

Im also noticing that on well struck shots Im not seeing the high launch I was accustomed to previously, and since Im using the same shafts, Im attributing it to the more "tour trajectory" ball flight of these irons.

Not ruling them out yet as I havent been happy with the ball striking as of late, so I want to get some more range time in with these before making up my mind on them.

Where are you making the bulk of your contact Mike? My experience with feel has been just about the opposite. I don't know if I've hit a 'softer' iron this year. Of course, I was coming from the Bladez, which are pretty unique. Still, I've hit the 588 CB's face to face and these are even softer than those to me.

Where are you making the bulk of your contact Mike? My experience with feel has been just about the opposite. I don't know if I've hit a 'softer' iron this year. Of course, I was coming from the Bladez, which are pretty unique. Still, I've hit the 588 CB's face to face and these are even softer than those to me.

Id say middle-ish towards toe is the miss, quite a few on the "cookies"...I will say it is an upgrade over the rocketbladez in terms of feel, that much I can speak to. Sure I have the occasional thins which I expect to feel like crap, but on the ones I hit the sweet spot on, its just not quite there. I may have been spoiled with the J40s and need to get beyond that.

That's a good point. You are coming from a pretty awesome set there.

That's a good point. You are coming from a pretty awesome set there.

Agreed, and it was a tad "chilly' saturday morning, just didnt expect to have any "stingers" out there.

Hoping range time will get the swing dialed back in, thinking the post MC layoff probably wasnt the best idea in the world. Gotta get the swing back asap.

Game changers.

That's what these irons are for me. My range session today confirmed it for me. Put them head to head with my DPCs that I gamed for nearly 2 years, and while I hit them well, the TT's were just that much better.

Longer, straighter, higher. Distances were perfect, control was just as good.

No clue why I thought I needed a change, but glad that they decided to prove me wrong.

Sometimes you just have to let things prove themselves to you one more time. We get romantic about old clubs.

I'm not surprised. I can't really think of anything you're giving up with them and the positives are obviously there for you.

Game changers.

That's what these irons are for me. My range session today confirmed it for me. Put them head to head with my DPCs that I gamed for nearly 2 years, and while I hit them well, the TT's were just that much better.

No clue why I thought I needed a change, but glad that they decided to prove me wrong.

Baffled

Let alone the fact you did it at a range

Confirmation is good!

Sometimes you just have to let things prove themselves to you one more time. We get romantic about old clubs.

I'm not surprised. I can't really think of anything you're giving up with them and the positives are obviously there for you.
That's exactly what it is, the DPCs were in the bag for so long, that I felt like they needed some time back in there. However, I wont give up the results I see with the 588s.
Baffled

Let alone the fact you did it at a range

Confirmation is good!
An odd time it was, no fear, I did shank a few with the wedges and hit the rope that tells you where to stand behind and pulled it out of the thing that holds it in the ground. People stared at me. Good thing I was wearing the THP Staff hat.

I do that just to let them know to stand away from me. I don't like to be crowded.

Good to know, I thought I was the only one. So Damned embarrassing!!

swing your swing

I'm still loving mine. Doesn't keep me from trying out others but these continue to impress.

Game changers.

Wait for the Nike pro combo's.

well I ve read all this thread and was on the verge of buying a set of these but now im going to give them a try love the looks and what I like is I can go for the 4/5 in the MT,but have a question about those 2,has anyone hit the mp-fli-hi that mizuno had out as use to have a 4 iron in them and are the MTs along that line please

Just going by pictures, but they look pretty similar to me. Maybe a little more offset in the MT.

Back