Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

Does anybody know what the price will be for wedges from mycustomwedge.com? I assume it will be a bit more than the $140 that the regular wedges are.

Does anybody know what the price will be for wedges from mycustomwedge.com? I assume it will be a bit more than the $140 that the regular wedges are.

It will completely depend on options.

It will completely depend on options.

Thanks. I did not know that, so I figured it would be a flat price for custom. I can see this though. I'd imagine that skins/custom grinds are the most expensive of the options, but we'll see.

So similar to Wedge Works. The more you add, the more you pay.

It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. It looks like several THPers are going to go this route including myself as well as several Morgan cup participants.

Am I the only one who's really confused with which set of wedges I really want next? No doubt it will take a huge bunch of testing, but so far these start at the top I think.

Am I the only one who's really confused with which set of wedges I really want next? No doubt it will take a huge bunch of testing, but so far these start at the top I think.

I'm right there with you... between the SCOR's and the 588's for me.

I'm right there with you... between the SCOR's and the 588's for me.

There are so many great choices on the market right now its tough, but I'm plenty happy with Cleveland wedges now, pretty hard to go wrong there.

There are so many great choices on the market right now its tough, but I'm plenty happy with Cleveland wedges now, pretty hard to go wrong there.

So true. Besides, how do you really test wedges for sure without getting them out on the course? I go to Golfsmith and pick them up and play around with them, but that's not really good, at least for me. I'm trusting what I hear on THP. I want these so much!

So true. Besides, how do you really test wedges for sure without getting them out on the course? I go to Golfsmith and pick them up and play around with them, but that's not really good, at least for me. I'm trusting what I hear on THP. I want these so much!

Best way is at the THP outing when you can get there, beyond that a lot of course's sell them and have demo's, so I have tested several brands that way.

Best way is at the THP outing when you can get there, beyond that a lot of course's sell them and have demo's, so I have tested several brands that way.

That's pretty good. My courses around here only carry Vokeys, so I won't get the chance to test anything other than those until May, and I need new wedges before that. So these are coming my way! I'm just pumped for the site to go live.

That's pretty good. My courses around here only carry Vokeys, so I won't get the chance to test anything other than those until May, and I need new wedges before that. So these are coming my way! I'm just pumped for the site to go live.

Good to hear, can't wait for the pic's and hear what you think.

Good to hear, can't wait for the pic's and hear what you think.

Thanks. It probably won't be until Christmas, but either way, I'm excited .

On my lunch break I took a trip to GG to see whats out. I used to work there so I know the managers well. He was showing me a bunch of the new titleist stuff that hit the floor today including the Vokey Wedges. I told him I couldn't wait to see the 588 wedges and he mentioned that they just received a shipment in earlier today. Thankfully he brought me in to the stock room and there they were! Man they are gorgeous looking. I like the look of the Satin better than the Chrome, but both were beautiful. At address they look extremely similar to the old 588's, which we grabbed one from the used rack and compared.

ddec which GG did you go to? The one by Crossgates or...?

My full set of these should be here any day now and I am hoping that day is today.

Do you know if they're going to be skin, stamped, or ground at all?

Do you know if they're going to be skin, stamped, or ground at all?

I know that we have a couple of samples of the custom wedges coming and a full set (each loft) of the standard wedges.

Very nice. I bet you're just a little more excited than normal, aren't you?

I know that we have a couple of samples of the custom wedges coming and a full set (each loft) of the standard wedges.

<Jealous!> I can't wait to see the pics of the custom ones and get some more feedback on these wedges. They sound like another winner from Cleveland.

Very nice. I bet you're just a little more excited than normal, aren't you?

Well, they just arrived, so you could say that. No custom ones yet, but now my set is here.

Well, they just arrived, so you could say that. No custom ones yet, but now my set is here.

wow can't wait to see them in action next week

I know you're uncharacteristically giddy right now haha

I know you're uncharacteristically giddy right now haha

After playing the originals for many years, switching and regretting it ever since, it is kind of like redemption. The only wedge I have ever used that performed close to as good was the CG15 for me. Now its like having a long lost friend back.

Very nice, new goodies!!!! Looking forward to hearing more about these.

What shaft did you go with?

Back