Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

What shaft did you go with?

Tour Concept.
However the more I mess around with the Miyazaki iron and wedge shaft, the more I like it. If I go graphite in irons, I will make the change in wedges too.

Tour Concept.
However the more I mess around with the Miyazaki iron and wedge shaft, the more I like it. If I go graphite in irons, I will make the change in wedges too.

Interesting. In the limited swings I had with the Miyazaki I was more than impressed. Guess your short game practice will be an especially fun session next time out!

It's up? EPIC!!!!!

Edit: Wow is it expensive. Especially with a skin. I want, but I don't think I can afford.

Last edited:
Haha yeah the price killed me...but it doesnt stop me from messing around.

Haha yeah the price killed me...but it doesnt stop me from messing around.

So much Christmas present. I hope. If I'm getting these wedges, they're going to be custom. I could not settle for the regular after seeing the site and playing around a bit. It's so awesome.

So much Christmas present. I hope. If I'm getting these wedges, they're going to be custom. I could not settle for the regular after seeing the site and playing around a bit. It's so awesome.

Haha I looked at it and decided I would only want to look at them instead of use them.

Haha I looked at it and decided I would only want to look at them instead of use them.

Yeah. If/when I get these I probably won't want to mess them up. Haha.

Those are way too nice to mess up, some good looking clubs right there. Love the argyle skin!!!

Those are way too nice to mess up, some good looking clubs right there. Love the argyle skin!!!

I think the one I'd get would be burst. And as for colors, my favorite so far is orange and dark blue (not navy).

Just realized that lefty isn't available yet on the mycustomwedge site. :( I wonder when they will be available? If anyone knows, the knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

So many shaft options to choose from. Any ideas on the difference between the Miyazaki shafts. It looks like there is a regular and a proto?

I don't like the skins. I like the RTG with basically nothing on it.

So many shaft options to choose from. Any ideas on the difference between the Miyazaki shafts. It looks like there is a regular and a proto?

I saw that as well. I am tempted by the proto only because of the word proto lol

I saw that as well. I am tempted by the proto only because of the word proto lol

The Miyazaki website has the 2012 catalog on it but I can't find any info on the proto. I like the skin that shows the loft but I am leaning towards the RTG as well due to the grinds.

Wow, it's finally up! I'm not sure I want to pay $600+ for a set of wedges though. I definitely won't go with any skins, but I like some of the color options. I wish they offered other grinds on the black pearl.

Wow, it's finally up! I'm not sure I want to pay $600+ for a set of wedges though. I definitely won't go with any skins, but I like some of the color options. I wish they offered other grinds on the black pearl.

I know. With the TC shafts it's almost $700 for 3 of them. So expensive. I wonder if/when the price will drop.

While the prices look steep, the wedges themselves are in line with what is on the market in my opinion. When you start going custom, the prices are always going to skyrocket. I actually really like the skins. I also love the ability to customize with stamping and color. Just like anything though I guess, the more you add, the more it costs.

While the prices look steep, the wedges themselves are in line with what is on the market in my opinion. When you start going custom, the prices are always going to skyrocket. I actually really like the skins. I also love the ability to customize with stamping and color. Just like anything though I guess, the more you add, the more it costs.

Yeah, it's kind of what I figured it would be as far as pricing goes. Some of the color/stamp combos I've tried look pretty darn good and I have a feeling a 56* and 60* will be in the bag pretty soon. I'm just unsure of what shaft to go with. I really want to try out the Miyazaki.

the website isnt up for me, is it mycustomwedge.com?

ahhhh thanks guys.

Wow, I just checked this out for the 1st time, it's sweet!. Dear Santa....

I didn't think the prices were out of line. Think about it, you're taking a $130 club and adding a couple of hours of technician time to customize it. Plus all the admin time of website construction/billing/AR reconciling/shipping/tracking of individual orders vs just sending boxes of 50 wedges to a retailer and being done with it. Also, they probably don't want to 'compete' with pro shops and retailers so this price point and the custom options will probably attract a different customer.

Wow, I just checked this out for the 1st time, it's sweet!. Dear Santa....

I didn't think the prices were out of line. Think about it, you're taking a $130 club and adding a couple of hours of technician time to customize it. Plus all the admin time of website construction/billing/AR reconciling/shipping/tracking of individual orders vs just sending boxes of 50 wedges to a retailer and being done with it. Also, they probably don't want to 'compete' with pro shops and retailers so this price point and the custom options will probably attract a different customer.

The prices are probably reasonable, but that doesn't make them any less expensive. To get a few would put a big hole in your wallet.

Back