Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Thanks Danny. I appreciate you sharing that. I'm seriously torn on shaft but I think I'm going to go with the stock stiff.

TC - take this for what you will, because I don't have any idea lol.

Marc mentioned that Classic 290/43s combo was pretty close to last year's 290 in performance, but with lower spin. I think you can look at your experience with that and have somewhat of an idea as to how the whole thing would work for you. Not just in spin or launch, but also how you controlled it.

Marc mentioned that Classic 290/43s combo was pretty close to last year's 290 in performance, but with lower spin. I think you can look at your experience with that and have somewhat of an idea as to how the whole thing would work for you. Not just in spin or launch, but also how you controlled it.

LOL. Yeah it spun a little less (couple hundo's) and it still gave me a few extra yards. They definitely sound/feel different but the performance was similar.

Thanks Danny. I appreciate you sharing that. I'm seriously torn on shaft but I think I'm going to go with the stock stiff.

I had you pegged for the black or indigo.

--
tapatalk

--
tapatalk

Man I would think that with those two shafts, the launch would be so low.

hahaha, I never spent any time with a 290 from last year. I'm completely blind going into this one.

Man, I thought you did at the outing.

--
tapatalk

I agree, even for someone like TC who hits a high ball. When Big Carolina gets tired that combo would get... interesting.

I agree, even for someone like TC who hits a high ball. When Big Carolina gets tired that combo would get... interesting.

Lol true, I forget not everyone puts the ball in low orbit like I do.

--
tapatalk

You've seen what happens when I get tired with the heavier shafts. High slice central.

You've seen what happens when I get tired with the heavier shafts. High slice central.

Mmhmmmm. No bueno mijo

Dude, the white Miyazaki is mint. I think that would be a great combo for you. Go stiff with a 1/4" of the tip and 45.25" length.

Dude, the white Miyazaki is mint. I think that would be a great combo for you. Go stiff with a 1/4" of the tip and 45.25" length.

You think so? Well, I'm at a point where I have to trust you guys. Have you hit the stock set up?

I hit the one JB had and the shaft was late for me at impact. When JB put the white in, it was like a salad bar...pick your shot and hit it.
You load the club pretty good on your transition so a stock offering may be a little late

I can't wait to hit the Classic tomorrow at the NW get together! I think this could be a great driver for me, time will tell.

this driver is beautifull and hits the ball very low, great for the windy golf course

this driver is beautifull and hits the ball very low, great for the windy golf course

Really? What shaft are you using? Because most everyone has been getting a mid-high ball flight from both the stock C. Kua and the Kusala White. Myself included with my Classic.

EDIT: JB launches it low. Nevermind, my mistake!

I hit the one JB had and the shaft was late for me at impact. When JB put the white in, it was like a salad bar...pick your shot and hit it.
You load the club pretty good on your transition so a stock offering may be a little late

TC might be too high a hitter for the white.

Really? What shaft are you using? Because most everyone has been getting a mid-high ball flight from both the stock C. Kua and the Kusala White. Myself included with my Classic.

Not me, I think it is very low launching.

Obviously it will depend on the person, but for me and this driver being so low spin, it keeps it quite low.

Interesting. I guess I might be losing some carry based on the mid-high flight I get. But I am a high ball hitter. I'll have to play with where I place the ball in my stance and see what happens on the range.

Crap, I don't know what to do. I do like freddie's salad bar metaphor.

Im surprised there are no places near you that have a LH head you can try.

Back