Cleveland Launcher CBX Irons

I'm going to have to try these. I like everything about them.

These irons, I could see myself game . Great style from the Srixon Z line and the playability to match. Like the larger long irons that makes great sense ,my game will thank me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're used to 4*? Something tells me it's really not going to be an issue. If it is you can always have lift taken to 48*

Well right now I've got Bstone J40 DPC wedge at 46 degrees and a Vokey SM5 at 50 and there's a bigger gap than I'd prefer just because of how I swing them I guess. Typically hit a draw with my J40s and a fade with my wedges unless I really try to hook them. Maybe the new set will be a smoother transition between irons and wedges.

Did I hear v-sole? These have my attention. I'm needing a little more iron help these days.

Did I hear v-sole? These have my attention. I'm needing a little more iron help these days.

Yes sir, v-sole. I've enjoyed the vsole for years.

These irons look great. So smart what Cleveland, and Srixon are doing with the V-sole and Feel Balancing Tech

Can't wait to give you all feedback on there,something tells me they will be amazing. Like the v sole, tour zip grooves in these.

Looking forward to hearing more details, seeing more photos and seeing them in person eventually.

I hate to say it....but I think this is a bad move. Srixon/Cleveland should just stick with Srixon for irons. If anything...they should have just updated the Srixon 355s.

I hate to say it....but I think this is a bad move. Srixon/Cleveland should just stick with Srixon for irons. If anything...they should have just updated the Srixon 355s.
What makes you feel that way? Genuinely curious.

For me, it makes a ton of sense. The Cleveland line offers the truly forgiving clubs (and wedges in general as well) while Srixon can now solely be the other end of the spectrum.

Why? The 355 irons didn't sell well and the Cleveland name still has as much clout with the casual golfer.

From a golfer perspective, what's the difference? Another choice is good, right?

I disagree. I think this is a great move - Cleveland covers the average joe/weekend hacker who want to hit the ball straight and have fun, and Srixon covers the blade players who refuse to play anything not forged.

Yes I know that's an exaggeration, but that's how it seems to me. I think it's a smart marketing move on their part to make their lines easy to distinguish from. The price points are solid, and there's no confusion over which line would best suit you.

For me, it makes a ton of sense. The Cleveland line offers the truly forgiving clubs (and wedges in general as well) while Srixon can now solely be the other end of the spectrum.

I completely agree with you here. I think it's a clear delineation of different lines, and allows both brands to grow and have their niche.

Did it work the last they time tried it...with the Cleveland Black iron/driver, etc?

Unless you are bringing out a full line like Callaway, Titleist, etc......from a branding perspective an OEM should stick to what they are good at like Cleveland is basically known as a wedge company. Just my opinion.

I disagree. I think this is a great move - Cleveland covers the average joe/weekend hacker who want to hit the ball straight and have fun, and Srixon covers the blade players who refuse to play anything not forged.

Yes I know that's an exaggeration, but that's how it seems to me. I think it's a smart marketing move on their part to make their lines easy to distinguish from. The price points are solid, and there's no confusion over which line would best suit you.

I agree...the price point is solid. But do you think the 565s are blades? I would also say the avg joe/weekend hacker doesn't know the difference or care between forged or cast.

Did it work the last they time tried it...with the Cleveland Black iron/driver, etc?

Unless you are bringing out a full line like Callaway, Titleist, etc......from a branding perspective an OEM should stick to what they are good at like Cleveland is basically known as a wedge company. Just my opinion.
Yeah, it did work. At the time they then decided to go all in on the Srixon name but the 355 fell on deaf ears imo, and they realized that they had a name (Cleveland) which was well known and received already where those types of irons/clubs (and even more forgiving ones) could land.

Why? The 355 irons didn't sell well and the Cleveland name still has as much clout with the casual golfer.

From a golfer perspective, what's the difference? Another choice is good, right?

Choices are good...and if your projections/expectations are low then it really doesn't matter.

I think SRI needs to pick a direction here. They aren't sure what to do with there brands here, and seem to dump all momentum frequently. Everytime Cleveland seems to be taking off they change directions again. Hopefully they let Cleveland run with it after this.

Yeah, it did work. At the time they then decided to go all in on the Srixon name but the 355 fell on deaf ears imo, and they realized that they had a name (Cleveland) which was well known and received already where those types of irons/clubs (and even more forgiving ones) could land.

If it did work...I wish them luck with the new line then.

I think SRI needs to pick a direction here. They aren't sure what to do with there brands here, and seem to dump all momentum frequently. Everytime Cleveland seems to be taking off they change directions again. Hopefully they let Cleveland run with it after this.

That's my only hesitation here, don't want to see the Cleveland brand disappear but I also don't want to see them spike the ball on the 5 yard line and move on from this relaunch.

I agree...the price point is solid. But do you think the 565s are blades? I would also say the avg joe/weekend hacker doesn't know the difference or care between forged or cast.

No I don't, but like I said in my post, it was an exaggeration. And I do agree that the average golfer doesn't know or care about the differences between forged & cast... which makes the Cleveland push even smarter. Lower price point, easier to hit, confidence-inspiring looks... I'm on board.

I think this "reboot" is better than last time with the black line - they've got a story with both wedges and irons with this line. I think since wedges are Cleveland's bread and butter, this makes this iron set more of a "first class citizen".

I just had the time to watch the lauch videos and I have to say this one is super intriguing, I want to try these with the graphite shafts

Thinking the new lineup from the launcher driver to CBX irons to the wedges is a good move. Gives the golfer consistency in their set from top to bottom of the bag. I did not try the z355 but the tech and looks were pretty solid. I gamed the 745's like that these have some similarities to them with increased playability. Excited to see these perform on course

Seen these today in person. They look fantastic! And they feel even better! The profile at address to me reminded me of the Srixon Z565. But they actually felt alot smoother. And holy crud do they go far!

Back