Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

Had some pretty good news today regarding the retail price in Sweden for the new Launcher, Will probably go for around 420 us dollars. I was afraid it would be much higher.

Had some pretty good news today regarding the retail price in Sweden for the new Launcher, Will probably go for around 420 us dollars. I was afraid it would be much higher.

Out of curiosity, would it still be cheaper to buy one over here and pay for the shipping? Can that even be done from some stores? The cost difference seems pretty high.

It would retail for 299 usd? Cost for shipping around 40 usd. If you´re lucky and they send via USPS there´s a higher probability that you don´t have to pay additional taxes. If its UPS:ed you def have to pay taxes. I think the tax is around 30% of retail price(If its written on the box/slip). So worst case, its the same price......or very close.

Do you have to adjust your swing with these lighter shafts

Do you have to adjust your swing with these lighter shafts

1) Do you find that you have to adjust your swing in any way to maximize the lighter shafted drivers? I believe the lightest one is 46.25 inches in length.

2) What is the deciding factors that would help us choose between the 270/290/310 weighted drivers? I swing around 100mph and have a smash factor = 1.4 and tend to come at the ball a little steep.

1) Do you find that you have to adjust your swing in any way to maximize the lighter shafted drivers? I believe the lightest one is 46.25 inches in length.

2) What is the deciding factors that would help us choose between the 270/290/310 weighted drivers? I swing around 100mph and have a smash factor = 1.4 and tend to come at the ball a little steep.

1. You have to keep yourself from overswinging at the beginning. It usually takes 4-5 swings with it. Then a smooth tempo has been showing SS increase for our testers. More coming on that after this weekend of Club Test here at THP.

2. Choosing the proper one is really about a fitting and finding the proper launch angle. For me, I really seem to be leaning more towards the 270 because I have added some ball speed MPH. But I can see the benefits of all of them during the course of our testing.

WOW those are bada*s looking i really like my cleveland 3-wd and i may actually think about getting a driver other than W/S.I know i will definantly hit these but,i dont know about the light shafts as i have never swung one.

Out of curiosity, would it still be cheaper to buy one over here and pay for the shipping? Can that even be done from some stores? The cost difference seems pretty high.

That's what I did when I was in the Netherlands. Depending on how it is shipped, even with the customs charges, its cheaper to buy in the US or Canada and ship it

I agree. Plus new products seems to go on sale much sooner in the US than in Scandinavia, and I imagine Holland.

Well, I can say one thing about these drivers, they got the shaft right. But other than that I was not overly impressed. I have tried and tried again to like Cleveland drivers and woods and for some reason I can not. Maybe its the shape of the head, but for some reason they just do not appeal to me. I hit this club multiple times wanting to really like it, but I just kept putting it down and shrugging my shoulders. With these shaft options though, if you already like Cleveland drivers I feel that you will be very impressed.

I felt the same way and I think for me, and me only, that I'd need to spend more time with each driver to see which combo works best for me before I could make a decision
Well, I can say one thing about these drivers, they got the shaft right. But other than that I was not overly impressed. I have tried and tried again to like Cleveland drivers and woods and for some reason I can not. Maybe its the shape of the head, but for some reason they just do not appeal to me. I hit this club multiple times wanting to really like it, but I just kept putting it down and shrugging my shoulders. With these shaft options though, if you already like Cleveland drivers I feel that you will be very impressed.

Im with you. I just never got "that" feeling from these drivers but Im going to FL open minded and will give them another shot. For me the shape of the Cleveland driver head has never appealed to me. I look down at it and think, slice slice baby.

vanilla......

thats cool man, let me know how they treat you the second time around. Again, I wanted to love them, but I always shy from Cleveland woods. And your right, its the shape

I guess I'm just confused and not seeing what you guys are about the shape.

ad415588-2631-96be.jpg

vanilla......

thats cool man, let me know how they treat you the second time around. Again, I wanted to love them, but I always shy from Cleveland woods. And your right, its the shape

Will do! And its always been that odd shape for me too, never have liked it

i know which one the k15 is, that's for sure.

I guess I'm just confused and not seeing what you guys are about the shape.

ad415588-2631-96be.jpg

I can see it there, the Cleveland driver doesnt go straight back, its points out to the upper right, like at 2 oclock. Whats the middle driver? You have Cleveland, ?, and K15? Is that the SuperTri?

I see it as well Kev....and I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. Its Cleveland, TM, and Ping. You can also see a little face on the TM and PING...not on the Cleveland.

Its a SuperTri. If you guys are seeing that big of a difference to where its causing swing issues, I am a little shocked. I agreed with you guys somewhat until I pulled out a bunch of drivers to look. Most are really similar that are "traditional"

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I see it as well Kev....and I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. Its Cleveland, TM, and Ping. You can also see a little face on the TM and PING...not on the Cleveland.

That is because of how they are set. I could change them around and show face on the cleveland not on the other two. And actually the closed look would prevent a slice for some, not the other way around.

Its a SuperTri. If you guys are seeing that big of a difference to where its causing swing issues, I am a little shocked. I agreed with you guys somewhat until I pulled out a bunch of drivers to look. Most are really similar that are "traditional"

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Exactly...just doesnt fit my eye. maybe I am not explaining it well.

That is because of how they are set. I could change them around and show face on the cleveland not on the other two. And actually the closed look would prevent a slice for some, not the other way around.

I would agree thats how it SHOULD be, but for some reason, you put a Cleveland driver in my hand and BOOM, I will hit it like SHAT. Its a mental thing. Sorry cleveland

It was the same way with the DST driver this year, Im looking at it now on Cleveland's site, hate the shape of the head.

It was the same way with the DST driver this year, Im looking at it now on Cleveland's site, hate the shape of the head.

yep, I was given a DST and sold it quite rapidly

The shape of the head doesn't really bother me. I think the OEMs are at a place where there isn't a huge amount of performance difference between the different brands. Of course certain heads will work better than others for each person based on their swing (draw vs fade, high spin, low spin, etc), but I now find for me that the shaft is the most important piece to get right for consistent results. Secondly, the correct loft for my launch angle, and third is the club weight and 4th finally is the actual style/make of the driver head. For instance, I found at the demo day that the Cleveland, Callaway and Taylormade driver heads all performed well for me. What made the biggest overall difference in results was definitley which shaft was in each respective driver.

That's why I think Cleveland is going to do well with this launch because of the excellent shaft and the myriad of options to fit that shaft to different swings.

I agree with your last sentence completely! The will do very well with this series. It just wasnt my favorite.

I find the TM heads tougher to hit

I find the TM heads tougher to hit

I find the bulge in the TM drivers unsettling to me. I am intrigued by the SuperDeep, but that will need to come down in price, before I give that a chance. I prefer as little bulge as possible (maybe I should say perceived bulge) in the driver face.

I hit a Cleveland HiBore XL for a year and I think that has a closed face, but it was fairly straight to my eye. I can really see that shape deviation people were griping about in the pictures. The Bobby Jones workshop looks similar.

I guess that's what makes horse races.

If we all liked the same thing, it would not be anywhere near as fun, and it would take out the suspense when you find someone else's golf ball in the woods. Nothing like coming out and yelling I found a Pro V.:D

Back