Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

I agree Andy, if you liked last years Cleveland driver, I have a feeling you will LOVE this. For me, I am just not a Cleveland Driver person, TM always gets me. But like you said, personal preferences keep the golf industry broad

I talked to OEM yesterday and he said that the 3 wood is awesome. The C KUA gives you a low trajectory. He was hittin git past my bros 3 iron and thats pretty good. I may have ot hit one AGAIN, I just didnt have great results at the outting.

He sure did! Keep in mind it's a 13* fwy wood and the flex code was perfect for OEM

I talked to OEM yesterday and he said that the 3 wood is awesome. The C KUA gives you a low trajectory. He was hittin git past my bros 3 iron and thats pretty good. I may have ot hit one AGAIN, I just didnt have great results at the outting.

He sure did! Keep in mind it's a 13* fwy wood and the flex code was perfect for OEM

I heard Kevin hit that thing approx 300 yds on one hole. A little birdie told me that.

I didn't mess with the FW cause I love mine, but I spent some time with the driver...I luvz it. Of course it didn't work miracles and if I got sloppy I paid the price (thankfully there were no cows in the pasture) I really was liking the lower ball flight and roughly 10yds more distance I got out of this club than anything else I hit (Machspeed Black and TM)

It looks like my christmas wish list is complete after reading this entire thread! :D

My Review of the Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver 270g model

As you may know I've won this club through the contest on THP.

As soon as I opened the box and grabbed it coupled feel the lightness even with the sock on. I took the sock off and swung it a few times, the club is noticeably lighter yet
I do not think that they took any weight off the head so the club feels like it's a heavier swing weighted club.

Now lets start from the top.

The Grip. This club comes with a light 26g Winn grip and it does not feel like a regular heavy rubber grip, I like the feel of this drip a lot and I'm thinking of putting one like
that on my other drivers maybe.

The Shaft. Much has been written on the site and elsewhere about the new Miyazaki C. Kua shaft and this one in particular is 39g (which I don't know how they got it so light yet so
stiff at the same time) I do not know whether it is the shaft or the grip but the biggest problem I have with the club is when i hit the ball I get this feedback into my hands of a
feeling of hitting rocks and not golf ball, just a very shock like vibration that kinda hurts after a bucket of balls.

The Head. Like I said before, I think the head is a regular launcher head with same weight on it, it is shiny on the bottom though :).

Overall I think it's a decent club and the best feature of course is the shaft, I will give the club a few other plays and then maybe donate it back to THP for another contest.

Sorry to hear you didn't like the driver. I have heard lots of good things about it, guess its just not for everyone though.

Maybe you should toughin up those hands of yours so it won't hurt when you hit haha. I'm just kidding. Hope it ends up working out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 46" shaft gave me some difficulty but I liked the feel and look of it. good driver, not great

My Review of the Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver 270g model

As you may know I've won this club through the contest on THP.

As soon as I opened the box and grabbed it coupled feel the lightness even with the sock on. I took the sock off and swung it a few times, the club is noticeably lighter yet
I do not think that they took any weight off the head so the club feels like it's a heavier swing weighted club.

Now lets start from the top.

The Grip. This club comes with a light 26g Winn grip and it does not feel like a regular heavy rubber grip, I like the feel of this drip a lot and I'm thinking of putting one like
that on my other drivers maybe.

The Shaft. Much has been written on the site and elsewhere about the new Miyazaki C. Kua shaft and this one in particular is 39g (which I don't know how they got it so light yet so
stiff at the same time) I do not know whether it is the shaft or the grip but the biggest problem I have with the club is when i hit the ball I get this feedback into my hands of a
feeling of hitting rocks and not golf ball, just a very shock like vibration that kinda hurts after a bucket of balls.
The Head. Like I said before, I think the head is a regular launcher head with same weight on it, it is shiny on the bottom though :).

Overall I think it's a decent club and the best feature of course is the shaft, I will give the club a few other plays and then maybe donate it back to THP for another contest.

change the grip! Also, in bold may be the fact that you are hitting rock range balls. I am surprised to hear some of these findings. just after hearing so many other thoughts on this driver.

change the grip! Also, in bold may be the fact that you are hitting rock range balls. I am surprised to hear some of these findings. just after hearing so many other thoughts on this driver.

I agree One-T. I have used this driver for quite a bit and never had that kind of problem. I can also note, that this is NOT the same as the Launcher driver with a shiny bottom to it.

I agree One-T. I have used this driver for quite a bit and never had that kind of problem. I can also note, that this is NOT the same as the Launcher driver with a shiny bottom to it.

I didnt either...me not loving it was the shape as I have stated. When I hit the ball though the feel to me was fine. As far as the shaft goes...I coculdnt imagine a complaint there as these C Kua's are raved about. I am a little confused...you said its not the one with the shiny bottom but he said it has a nice shiny bottom

I am a little confused...you said its not the one with the shiny bottom but he said it has a nice shiny bottom

WHat I meant was that the poster seemed to indicate the driver was the same thing as the original Launcher head with a shiny sole. Perhaps I am reading it wrong, but this is not the same as last years driver with a shiny sole.

Vadim, when I start to feel a sting I like to look at impact tape to see where Im hitting the ball. With such a lite driver I can imagine it being a tough swing adjustment. It could be messing with where you are experiencing contact on the clubface.

this is the driver correct??

1059167800_HK9Fi-L-1.jpg

I came away pretty impressed with this club after this past weekends testing. As JB liked to point out all weekend even with the clubs head shape I was still hitting it quite well. And the one I liked the most was the same lite version. Put a good swing on it and it performs quite well and I never had any issues with stinging at all.

Yes it is. Well, except its the 270 version that he was hitting.

I guess I could see that as shiny. Maybe he was just looking for a positive..hehe

I guess I could see that as shiny. Maybe he was just looking for a positive..hehe

I think you are missing my point. Or maybe I am missing his. Im NOT saying the sole is not shiny. I took his response as saying that this CURRENT driver head is the same as the PREVIOUS driver head but with a shiny sole. I was pointing out that it is NOT the same as the previous driver head.

I got the same feedback from regular balls while playing and other 3 of my buddies said the same thing when they tried it on the course, all said its like hitting rocks

Vadim, when I start to feel a sting I like to look at impact tape to see where Im hitting the ball. With such a lite driver I can imagine it being a tough swing adjustment. It could be messing with where you are experiencing contact on the clubface.

Are you saying the closer to the sweet spot i hit it the softer the feel or that because it is lightter its harder to control and therefore hit the swett spot?

I got the same feedback from regular balls while playing and other 3 of my buddies said the same thing when they tried it on the course, all said its like hitting rocks

I would love to see those guys hitting it and figure out why it is not working, because something is missing here. Im not blaming you Vadim, as clearly what works for some does not work for others. But most mid cappers can pick up any driver and hit the ball with it. I mean even the 270 is not INSANELY different in weight than that of other drivers on the market. Yes its lighter, and has proper balance to make up for that, but to think that the difference in 25 grams is the difference in hands being in pain and comfort seems way off base to me. Again, just my opinion. We have now had over 70 people try this one out between the THP Outing and the recent launch monitor testing we finished and not a single person has said anything like that.

I would love to see those guys on the launch monitor and figure out why it is not working, because something is missing here. Im not blaming you Vadim, as clearly what works for some does not work for others. But most mid cappers can pick up any driver and hit the ball with it. I mean even the 270 is not INSANELY different in weight than that of other drivers on the market. Yes its lighter, and has proper balance to make up for that, but to think that the difference in 25 grams is the difference in hands being in pain and comfort seems way off base to me. Again, just my opinion. We have now had over 70 people try this one out between the THP Outing and the recent launch monitor testing we finished and not a single person has said anything like that.

JB do you think i should try and put on a different grip? anything you recommend?

JB do you think i should try and put on a different grip? anything you recommend?

I am not sure what to do in the matter. I just cant figure out how all 4 people would be getting pain in their hands from a lighter grip. I mean once in a blue moon something may trigger that, but 4 guys all trying it all getting the same feeling, yet 70 others not having anything like that from the outing and launch monitor testing. So confused.

In my opinion it has little to do with the grip. Im guessing that most of you guys swing really hard off the tee and are missing low by a small margin due to whatever the reason may be. Because of that are getting a tough feeling (as you would with any driver you are missing thin with). That is the only possible thing I could think of based on the testing we are seeing.

For me, when I swing harder I tend to miss the sweetspot more. I usually swing pretty heavy shafts and when I tried the Clevelands I had to step off the gas so to speak. Once I did that I was hitting very consistant. Not saying its the same thinga t all but just my .02.

I also experience the sting when I miss the sweetspot or area close to it. The impact tape really helps me see where Im generating contact. It helps me correct swing flaws, when I can correct them lol.

I was really hoping this driver was going to work out for you! I know not all is the same for everyone, just really hoping it did work.
Are you saying the closer to the sweet spot i hit it the softer the feel or that because it is lightter its harder to control and therefore hit the swett spot?

Back