Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Im bringing the Mashie M3 back off the bench to fight the right side of the course. One thing the Mashie does is help fight the slice.

Bringing it back to replace the 910 or to compliment it?

you still have the m1 and m3?

Just the M3 as it was the star of the Mashie show for me. Super easy to hit and never went right.

Get yo Mashie on Kmac!

I've been considering replacing my aged TM rescue 4 with a newer hybrid. I've also been thinking that if I could find the right club, I would replace my 5 iron (which I don't hit very consistently or much farther than my 6 iron, 160 yds.) I have a friend that likes his Mashie and in my search for reviews ran across this thread. I read hundreds of posts and ordered an M4 and an M5 based on the feedback I've seen on this forum. Well, got the first one (M5) in last evening and couldn't wait to get to the range and hit some balls. Right off the bat, incredible! Very consistent ball flight, with very tight dispersion. Great feel. Hard to see yardage under the lights, but every shot seemed to fly around 170-175 which is what I was looking for. This club just inspires confidence. Found an M3 on eBay and have ordered that to replace my 5 wood. Thanks to all of you who have invested so much time posting your results here.
lenster, glad you found the info informative. I also purchased my mashies based on the reviews and observations from the THP community. Have never looked back. These clubs are so easy to hit and allow me to be much more consistent. Now I'm really intrigued by the upcoming Mashie fairway Woods!!!

Their just money, I am going to 86 the M2 once the Mashie 3W comes out.

The Mashie 3W very well could be a game changer for me. Its going to off all of my current 3W's when it comes out.

The Mashie 3W very well could be a game changer for me. Its going to off all of my current 3W's when it comes out.

Word, I am not sure if its the shaft or the head or both together but they are just sick.

Gents,
I recently had the opportunity to finally hit a Mashie yesterday. Really like the classic looks but the smallish head had me a bit scared.

Anyway, I picked up the M4 at Golf Galaxy and tried it out on their simulator. This simulator is very representative of my on course distances.

Ok back to the Mashie, on well struck shots I was only getting about 160 yards which right now I hit my 4i 175 yards.
I picked up an Adams A7OS 4 hybrid (22*) and was getting a max distance of about 185. This is on par yardage wise with my TM Rescue 11 which I have set to 22*.

So my question is, are the mashie's a shorter hitter than most other hybrids out there?

It felt really good and had many well struck shots but everything just went shorter on the simulator.
I tried an M3 but couldn't make great contact with it so I never did get a good feel for the yardage on that club.

Last edited:
I found the Mashie to be as long or longer than any other hybrid I have hit. Again, the Mashie is not for everyone and if other clubs work better for you then you might be better off looking in their direction.

So I decided to regrip my mashie with what I use on other clubs, a Winn DSi midsize...and OH GOOD LAWD it's huge. The butt end of this thing is MASSIVE, so it stretches the grip out and makes IT massive. It feels like I'm holding a rolled up towel.

What's the stock grip on the mashie? What grips have people putt on butt ends that large that don't feel gigantic?

So I decided to regrip my mashie with what I use on other clubs, a Winn DSi midsize...and OH GOOD LAWD it's huge. The butt end of this thing is MASSIVE, so it stretches the grip out and makes IT massive. It feels like I'm holding a rolled up towel.

What's the stock grip on the mashie? What grips have people putt on butt ends that large that don't feel gigantic?

I have a THP Pure grip on mine and have no issues.

I put a midsize winn lite on my mashies, and while it was a pain to put on, I thought it felt good when it was on there.

I have standard Golf Pride new decade multi-compounds on mine. It feels almost like a midsize grip compared to my other clubs with the same NDMCs. The end of the Mashie's seem a little larger than normal, but its just something I've gotten used to and actually now prefer.

I think I might try to put the regular size Winn DSi's, instead of the mid size, and see how that goes.

i know I am behind the times but I finally hit this club at a demo days recently and I really liked it. My only concern was the large butt end of the club. I did a search and found this thread. I bet the Miyazaki stock shaft has a .650 butt end because several other Cleveland clubs have it. Can a Mashie owner/tester confirm this for me? Thanks

I have been trying to catch up on this thread for about a month and didn't even get halfway through ! Didnt want to start a new thread so sorry for the bump.

After about 70 pages, i bought two Mashies without even having the chance to hit them. I have also recently bought the Cleveland Ultralite 270 draw driver in 10.5*. I got a cracking deal on the two mashies so ended up with the M3 & M4, i was wondering if they were too close degree wise ?

Also, i still want to fill the gap between Driver and M3 and have been wanting to buy the Launcher Ultralite 3 wood. Final question, is the 17* 3 wood too close to the M3 and i would benefit more from the 15* gap wise ?

PS, i realise the best method is to test them gap wise before buying but dont have that luxury close to me.

I think youre in good shape with either fairway wood, and no I wouldnt worry about the hybos being too close in loft.

Nice purchases!

I have been trying to catch up on this thread for about a month and didn't even get halfway through ! Didnt want to start a new thread so sorry for the bump.

After about 70 pages, i bought two Mashies without even having the chance to hit them. I have also recently bought the Cleveland Ultralite 270 draw driver in 10.5*. I got a cracking deal on the two mashies so ended up with the M3 & M4, i was wondering if they were too close degree wise ?

Also, i still want to fill the gap between Driver and M3 and have been wanting to buy the Launcher Ultralite 3 wood. Final question, is the 17* 3 wood too close to the M3 and i would benefit more from the 15* gap wise ?

PS, i realise the best method is to test them gap wise before buying but dont have that luxury close to me.

The reviewers did a great job here. I played the M3 and M4 for a while and got very different distances and the gaps worked well. If you like the Mashie hybrids, you might want to check out the new Mashie FW woods. Lots of the people that have tried them have really enjoyed the ease of use and they offer quite a few lofts.

I think youre in good shape with either fairway wood, and no I wouldnt worry about the hybos being too close in loft.

Nice purchases!

Thanks for the super quick reply.
Its actually my birthday on Sunday so its even better when my girlfriend supplies the Mashies !

I may have overlooked it but has anyone compared the 2011 version to the 2012 mashie?

I may have overlooked it but has anyone compared the 2011 version to the 2012 mashie?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it worth it to get the 2012 version?

ANybody have any pics comparing the Mashie to the tour version. I have a feeling I would hook the crap outa the reg. version.

Back