Clubs? We Don't Need No Stinking Clubs - 2014 #TheGrandaddy

Pretty sweet move by Callaway here. I expect nothing less :)

That's awesome.....

I've had quite a bit of time to think about this and the more I think about it, the more I love it.

We all know that new clubs are pretty and fun so my thoughts aren't from that regard.

I'm thinking more about the team we have going into this event. I had previously asked them if they had been fit for clubs and if so, what. The overwhelming results were they had little experience with fittings - typically just a driver, putter, etc.

We all know the time can vary in how long it takes people to adapt to clubs but there is something to be said for going through a fitting with the experts that Callaway has and then being provided with a FULL set of clubs CUSTOM fit to you.

I know some initial thoughts from people (not saying my team but just viewers of this topic in general) was that this was a disadvantage. I'm beginning to think that this actually evens out the competition from an equipment perspective. I've got guys playing irons bought stock off the rack currently - how can a custom fit set NOT help them?

I'll stop before I really start rambling but just wanted to get some thoughts out there.

I can't thank Callaway enough - they could easily have opted to have us go through fittings and ship clubs after the fact....but instead they chose to bust their tails in giving us fittings and then building the clubs quickly in advance of competition - really speaks volumes as to how much they are looking forward to showing us the experience of a life time.

I can't thank Callaway enough - they could easily have opted to have us go through fittings and ship clubs after the fact....but instead they chose to bust their tails in giving us fittings and then building the clubs quickly in advance of competition - really speaks volumes as to how much they are looking forward to showing us the experience of a life time.

You have no idea how true this is. GG and I were there this week discussing this and the hoops that have to be jumped through to get you guys your clubs before competition is a big deal.

You have no idea how true this is. GG and I were there this week discussing this and the hoops that have to be jumped through to get you guys your clubs before competition is a big deal.

Absolutely, just another thing to do to show how they are making this even more special for a team of basement dwelling hacks.

Lots of man hours for 10 fittings. Bravo #CallawayGolf

You are right, but its only 9. I have been fit already.

Fit? or Fit to be Tied?
Dam, Your gonna get some time with them new sticks, sweet

Unreal! WTG Callaway and THP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of man hours for 10 fittings. Bravo #CallawayGolf

The fitting is probably the easy part honestly, but having to have all the heads on hand x 9 plus shafts and then the time to build and bend them takes time I don't care how fast you are at it.

Once again this just shows how serious Callaway is at making this special for each player.

Having never been fit, this is something I very much look forward to.

Am I playing irons too long? Too short? Too flat? Upright?

Are my shafts all wrong for me? Should I be in a different flex?
The questions go on and on!

Now I'll KNOW!

I cannot thank Callaway and THP enough!

Fit? or Fit to be Tied?
Dam, Your gonna get some time with them new sticks, sweet

No, not me. I was fit for clubs from them, but wont receive them before hand. I have offered to play my own clubs so they can cut costs since I dont need new clubs.

Feel free to send them my way lol

This. So much this. I couldn't have wrote it any better cookie.

The absolute attention to detail and the amount of thought that has gone into this event is mind boggling. Callaway is once again going over the top to truly making this an unforgettable once in a lifetime experience.

I didn't even stop and think about the difficulty of fitting and building 9 sets of clubs in such a short time.
Callaway once again going way above and way beyond.

Callaway have definitely stepped it up a gear this year, custom fitting you all and then getting them all built before starting is some serious time and skills, the club builders will be working all night. How awesome of Callaway to do that for you guys, Amazing.

I've toured this facility and Callaway will have this covered in spades. They have a pretty cool custom shop that I'm sure the guys will see.

Harry and company don't play. With his team and THP working together, the sky is the limit

I find at kind of funny that this announcement surprised so many people. They seem to always do this.

I find at kind of funny that this announcement surprised so many people. They seem to always do this.

They do always seem to knock the ball out of the park in everything that they do, but I believe the surprise was based on what we saw last year and that's the only precedent that has been set. It was a pretty tight timeline as I recall last year from fitting to competition so Callaway committing to building 9 or 10 sets of clubs in that time is really putting themselves out there - no room for error.

The fact that the basement dwellers are being custom fit is amazing. There is going to be some adjustment period, but you guys will be playing the best equipment for your game. Zoo crew might regret this decision.

Absolutely amazing stuff from Callaway and their crew. The #zoocrew talks big amounts of stuff but they always bring the heat for THP!

The fact that the basement dwellers are being custom fit is amazing. There is going to be some adjustment period, but you guys will be playing the best equipment for your game. Zoo crew might regret this decision.

That's the way I'm looking at it, too. This will be my first custom fitted set of clubs, and I for one am extremely excited about getting those in my hands. Personally speaking, being a shorter guy (5' 7") using not fitted clubs, always made me wonder if I was able to maximize my set to my swing. I've always played pretty well, so I never gave much extra thought to it, because...well, I played ok. So now, to get a fully matched set, down to the T, makes me wonder how much more I'll be able to achieve, say, with my driver, for example.
Secondly, I know I (and a few of the other guys on the team) were thinking about playing one of the local tracks when we got into town on Sunday, so that's all the list, but now with the fitting being most of Monday, I'm not worried about loosing some practice time before the event. Just due to the number of swings I'm guessing we will all take for the fitting.

It's going to be an awesome time, no doubt about that!

Based on my experience in the MC, if you've got your specs together getting clubs last minute is pretty much a non-issue and we had a pretty limited line to choose from. You get to go a step further and get fit and demo everything ahead of time. I think you'll all find it to be an easy transition.

I have said it before I wills ay it again Callaway plus THP equals AWESOME

Back