You don't have any idea what will be in your bag, I haven't told you yet.....

or so the hackers would have you believe ;)

I plan to go standard Aerojet unless a fitting were to suggest otherwise (which i highly doubt will happen). Where i am unsure is shaft, but i dont want to overthink it. Probably go with the Kai'li Blue 60 S from what i have seen/read.

If you are going to a fitting, where shafts recommended are not going to be offered, you are already overthinking it.(y)

Probably because all everyone is talking about is the LS :ROFLMAO:
The aerodynamic story of the LS is a driving factor for many imo.

Is it? Or is it the draw bias of the LS? I can't keep things straight anymore, so many mixed messages

If you are going to a fitting, where shafts recommended are not going to be offered, you are already overthinking it.(y)
Serious question. Are you saying the best fitting shaft is the one offered by the OEM or just trying shafts not offered is wasting time

Is it? Or is it the draw bias of the LS? I can't keep things straight anymore, so many mixed messages
To be totally fair. I think people were talking about their personal experiences rather than calling the head draw biased.

It definitely sits neutral to open for me, and historically, the lower spin drivers from Cobra for me have been neutral to fade flighted more than a lot of manufacturers, which I enjoy now that I own my shape.

It definitely sits neutral to open for me, and historically, the lower spin drivers from Cobra for me have been neutral to fade flighted more than a lot of manufacturers, which I enjoy now that I own my shape.
I would 100% agree with this from my experience going back to the F9 and forward.

Serious question. Are you saying the best fitting shaft is the one offered by the OEM or just trying shafts not offered is wasting time
Im saying that if you are part of the Morgan Cup, and know you are getting the full bag of clubs, unless you are prepared to go and get a different shaft yourself, going into a fitting where none of the shafts are going to be available, is going to lead to way overthinking of things. Every miss, is going to be because of the shaft.

Im saying that if you are part of the Morgan Cup, and know you are getting the full bag of clubs, unless you are prepared to go and get a different shaft yourself, going into a fitting where none of the shafts are going to be available, is going to lead to way overthinking of things. Every miss, is going to be because of the shaft.
I have been really impressed with the Kai'li Blue. While there is a better than not chance I still use my UST Mamiya LINQ Blue because that shaft and I are simpatico, I could play the Kai'li with no issue. I could not same the same about the ATMOS Blue that was the stock offering once upon a time. I really disliked that shaft.

Will be doing the testing for review on the LS with a LINQ M40X 6F5. 👍

To be totally fair. I think people were talking about their personal experiences rather than calling the head draw biased.

I have a bit of experience with Cobra drivers as you know and I agree with your statement which I why I find it odd that draw bias keeps getting mentioned in the same sentence as the LS and fade bias gets mentioned with the standard offering.

I don't have a lot of experience with Aerojet yet this year but I thought the standard LTDx was one of the easiest to square heads I've ever had in the bag and in no way fade biased. 🤷‍♂️ Everyone is different though.

Reactions: JB
Hmmm...maybe i am not following what you are saying...I was just looking at the options that appeared to be no cost on the Cobra website. My hope was to be able to try those specific shafts to have an idea what works best. Not looking at anything outside of those options. Unless, that is not adviseable.

I think that's definitely part of it as well.

Hmmm...maybe i am not following what you are saying...I was just looking at the options that appeared to be no cost on the Cobra website. My hope was to be able to try those specific shafts to have an idea what works best. Not looking at anything outside of those options. Unless, that is not adviseable.
What you are doing is just fine ;)

I hit the Aerojet Driver today. I was able to hit all 3 models with the Kai'll Blue and the Helium shafts. I hit both 9.0 and 10.5 heads. I was very surprised by the results as it wasn't what I had imagined it would be. I had thought it would be the Max at 10.5 with the Helium Shaft. I was wrong. The Aerojet with the Kai'll Blue R at 9.0 was giving me the best results. It was an interesting learning experience.

I hit the Aerojet Driver today. I was able to hit all 3 models with the Kai'll Blue and the Helium shafts. I hit both 9.0 and 10.5 heads. I was very surprised by the results as it wasn't what I had imagined it would be. I had thought it would be the Max at 10.5 with the Helium Shaft. I was wrong. The Aerojet with the Kai'll Blue R at 9.0 was giving me the best results. It was an interesting learning experience.
Ohhh!! So what surprised you? What made the core the best? What did you think of the looks at address? The sounds?

Very cool. Why did you think the Max initially and why was it not the fit?

The Standard AeroJet is one driver head that I think is falling way under the radar already because the darn thing is fast.
For you personally, can you quantify a difference between the AeroJet and the LTDX?

You don't have any idea what will be in your bag, I haven't told you yet.....

or so the hackers would have you believe ;)
Anyone who calls himself “Lord” is scary to many. 😂

Ohhh!! So what surprised you? What made the core the best? What did you think of the looks at address? The sounds?

I had assumed that I needed the Max for forgiveness. I had assumed that I needed a lighter shaft as a slower swinger, I had assumed that I needed as much loft as possible. I'm not the most discriminating person when it comes to looks and sounds. The sound was not really noticable to me except ro the extent that a miss in the heel produced a different siund from a near center hit.

Very cool. Why did you think the Max initially and why was it not the fit?

I assumed that I needed the forgiveness and the weighting in the Max. The Max simply was giving me too much spin. Part of that was a swing issue but I was seeing less spin with the Aerojet as opposed to the Max. The fitter was focusing on reducing spin (it's still probably higher than I would want) but the Aerojet was producing less spin for me. To be honest, it was the first time I have ever seen the numbers.

I had assumed that I needed the Max for forgiveness. I had assumed that I needed a lighter shaft as a slower swinger, I had assumed that I needed as much loft as possible. I'm not the most discriminating person when it comes to looks and sounds. The sound was not really noticable to me except ro the extent that a miss in the heel produced a different siund from a near center hit.

I assumed that I needed the forgiveness and the weighting in the Max. The Max simply was giving me too much spin. Part of that was a swing issue but I was seeing less spin with the Aerojet as opposed to the Max. The fitter was focusing on reducing spin (it's still probably higher than I would want) but the Aerojet was producing less spin for me. To be honest, it was the first time I have ever seen the numbers.
We like numbers! Lets see em

I think we were talking about the LTDxs with that, no?

And there's a lot of testing and examples that back it up. I went looking out of curiosity after that conversation. We also see manufacturer claims that don't hold true for the general public quite often. There's the release info, and then there's the reality after everyone has been fit and played them for a while. There's usually some difference between them.
I just know that I put my own hard earned cash down, first on the standard LTDx and then on the LTDx LS. As I have stated the 10.5* for the LS was different than the 9* on the standard, but using the same shaft for both, there is no question for me what I saw and which head performed better. Moreover, experiencing them on the course, with multiple rounds for each driver, is a much better test than a one to two hour fitting.

Even as helpful as a good fitting is, the best proof is what one experiences out on the golf course. I want to try both AeroJet heads, but I am not in the position to purchase both again this year. I may have to go to a fitting.

Perfectly stated from my perspective.

Back