Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

Didn't hit it head to head. I hear it is in the same city but I could not find it.

I know a guy..

I hit it today. And it was niiice.

I know a guy...

Talking to JB, he expects it will spin too much for me. The fade bias of the + was noticeable but a quick adjustment to the draw setting turned it into a baby fade. 260 carry with 153 ball speed.

It is spiny. Perhaps why I love it so much. Low spin drivers aren't my thing, typically.

We shall find out Sunday!

interesting, I'm seeing less spin on my bio cell + than I have on just about every other driver I've tested. The SLDR is the only thing that spun less for me, and it was a minor difference. I just couldn't find the sweet spot enough on the SLDR to game it, but I'm hitting the Bio+ better than I've ever hit a driver. What sort of spin numbers were you guys seeing?

interesting, I'm seeing less spin on my bio cell + than I have on just about every other driver I've tested. The SLDR is the only thing that spun less for me, and it was a minor difference. I just couldn't find the sweet spot enough on the SLDR to game it, but I'm hitting the Bio+ better than I've ever hit a driver. What sort of spin numbers were you guys seeing?

They are talking about the Bio being higher spin (low-mid) than the Bio+ (low)

ahh that makes more sense. I thought I was losing it :). FWIW, I did like the bio a lot at 9.5* but the bio+ at 11* carries farther and rolls out more (or about the same, hard to tell on a monitor really). that plus the red tie made it a no brainer for me

This Bio Cell/Bio Cell + line is really hard to resist! I haven't even hit my CCXLC outside yet, and I am already eyeing up the these drivers. Hit the + in the sim once, and it felt awesome. Had a few in the 310 range, and had one anomyly of 340 that prob hit the sim sweet spot.

Have any of you hit the amp cell pro vs bio cell plus with same shaft to compare results/launch monitor numbers?

Have any of you hit the amp cell pro vs bio cell plus with same shaft to compare results/launch monitor numbers?

I have on the range, but not on a monitor. I hit a ton of different shafts in the AC and ACP. the ACP I was playing a much lower loft with the red tie and seeing that typical rising-peaking-dropping steep descending flight. The Bio+ at the higher loft gets there quickly and just stays up in the air forever, close to max height for much more of its total flight. It also doesn't descend nearly as steeply, so you get more roll out and ultimately more distance playing it that way. I wish I had launch monitor numbers to more accurately describe it... but the above is all I have. If you've seen someone hit a high-lofted SLDR it's a very similar flight. Looks strange at first, but then you realize just how far it went and you suddenly change your outlook on what a driver flight *should* look like

edit: I've tried the lower loft settings on my bio+ too. it doesn't climb as high as a similarly lofted ACP or AC, but it does seem to roll out a lot more. I personally like mine set at 11*, which is 1.5 more than I used to play, but I'm hitting it longer than ever. If you're on really hard fairways though... a lower loft with a ton of rollout will produce some crazy total distance. The longest measured drive of my life was with the Bio+ set at 9.5. that was a really dry hardpan type fairway, though. 11* works everywhere when your backspin is just barely over 2k :D

All of the excitement on the board for this club makes me sad I live in Wisco

I believe Howzat did yesterday. He was slightly lower spin and about 8 yards longer I believe.

I will do this again tomorrow and get some exact comparisons. I think I was only at about 245 will the AMP Cell vs. Almost 260 with the +. The reduction in spin was a huge win for me.

I will do this again tomorrow and get some exact comparisons. I think I was only at about 245 will the AMP Cell vs. Almost 260 with the +. The reduction in spin was a huge win for me.

That sounds like music to my ears

That sounds like music to my ears

I was shocked to see that much extra distance. So glad they went to draw settings with the + version. Not sure this one wins for me without them. Fade bias for sure.

Spin reduction is a must for me and have seen it on sims. Great that your seeing it out in the real world!

Hit the absolute longest drive I've ever hit on number 17 at warrior this weekend with the plus. It played downwind, prob 10-15mph. 479 yard par 5, and I hit driver-54* into the green. I had about 125 left in after my tee ball. Longest drive I've ever had on that hole left me a 9 iron in. This is a level hole and not downhill at all. This driver is the real deal. I hate to say it, but I'm playing it better with the black tie than my 757.

So this driver was the winner for me this weekend. I tried several 2014 offerings and this one gave me the best combo of distance and forgiveness. I needed to bring my spin numbers down but the is in not ultra low spin like some of the drivers on the market. I think I may need to go with a lower spin shaft than the red tie to get the best results.

I'm playing mine at 8.5 with the black tie. This head with a low spin shaft is a monster, and so easy to hit. I think the red tie is a solid offering for most, but that free upgrade d+ would have been the ticket for me. Wish I'd have ordered it as I really like it in my + 5 wood. However, I was sitting on the black tie and 757 so I was in pretty good shape shaft wise and couldn't pass up the deal I got on the driver at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm playing mine at 8.5 with the black tie. This head with a low spin shaft is a monster, and so easy to hit. I think the red tie is a solid offering for most, but that free upgrade d+ would have been the ticket for me. Wish I'd have ordered it as I really like it in my + 5 wood. However, I was sitting on the black tie and 757 so I was in pretty good shape shaft wise and couldn't pass up the deal I got on the driver at the time.

Im curious if you have any launch numbers with that combination for you? Im guessing a very low spin low launch?

I don't have any numbers yet, but it's launching well. I would estimate around 13ish launch and sub 2500 spin. I hit this at golf galaxy when they released it and was seeing 14-15 launch and 2800-2900 spin with the red tie. I'm sure the black tie has knocked that down a couple hundred. I have a boring ball flight with a high apex and nice roll out. It's sick. I have a couple YouTube vids posted in this thread somewhere. The one on slo mo will give you a little look at the launch. That was with the 757 and I'm launching it just a tad more with the black tie.

My swing weight with the 757 was around d4. Never checked it with the black tie but it has to be closer to d2 since it feels a little better to me.

Last edited:
Mark Crossfield has just posted a review and is extremely positive and has some great spin and distance numbers ...now I am pondering hitting one of these when I see the Cobra Rep......damn it ...now I have to choose between the + or the standard Bio cell.....:banghead:

I will post the link later

http://youtu.be/ZnyEoNdjlw4

Here you go worth a watch ..now I want one but am worried it may be too much of a players club for me .......

Do not worry about this being a players club. It is the most forgiving driver I've gamed in a long time. The face on this thing is huge, and it doesn't need to be hit anywhere near the center for a decent result.

I saw crossfield's video, looks like this thing is giving the sldr a run for it's money. That's a comparison from a great reviewer with a consistent swing, and the results speak for themselves. Trust me on one thing, this is a very forgiving club, don't be afraid of it.

Just watched the crossfield video and really did notice the higher pitch sound of the driver like he commented on. I guess I just don't notice it with mine but could hear what he was talking about on his. It's still a nice sounding driver for me; not too loud or too muted.

Thanks for postiing. I have been waiting to see what Mark thought about this driver.

Back