Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

In addition to feel, the King Black have more grind options, including the ”classic,” “versatile,” and “widelow.“ The MIM only come with the versatile grind, which is a great grind, but many folks love the widelow grind in their lob/sand wedge.

Definitely considering a wide low in a 58.

I hate to admit this, but I actually had a shot that went 2 yards backwards in last year's MC. I had an opportunity to gross par the hardest hole on the course during singles and naturally f***ed it up. YOU'RE WELCOME @BoilerCLE
While it was a good match, it wasn't always pretty! Didn't I have to make a putt on the par 3 #8 for an 8 to win?? And then we come back and play the extremely difficult #10 in net 2 under! Man that was fun...

I'd say the MIM feel softer than the black as the black have a firmer feel because of the DBM finish. Go take a few swings with each if you can.
In addition to feel, the King Black have more grind options, including the ”classic,” “versatile,” and “widelow.“ The MIM only come with the versatile grind, which is a great grind, but many folks love the widelow grind in their lob/sand wedge.
I would agree with both of these. The king black has a more firm feel to them while the MIM was softer. I have 54 & 58 versatile grind in both. The advantage of king black are the extra grinds if one suits you. In both range testing and on a launch monitor the MIM wedges launched a bit higher and had more spin than the king black. On chips and shots around the green I was able to Elevate the MIM easier and cannot explain why.

I haven't even touched MIM yet. Kind of excited to see what all the excitement is about and share my experiences.
If it plays as good as it looks, watch out.

I haven't even touched MIM yet. Kind of excited to see what all the excitement is about and share my experiences.
Same, I have really enjoyed the Black wedges but a little softer feel wouldn’t hurt. I haven’t played chrome in a minute though

Same, I have really enjoyed the Black wedges but a little softer feel wouldn’t hurt. I haven’t played chrome in a minute though
They are pretty.. And feel even better. Can't wait to hear your thoughts Cap

So @Tenputt you have never let us down.

What is the perfect cobra golf club bag for a Blade Runner whose tapping into 60 years in Space :drinks:

So @Tenputt you have never let us down.

What is the perfect cobra golf club bag for a Blade Runner whose tapping into 60 years in Space :drinks:
The new king forged MIM irons which haven't released yet?

As I mentioned I solidified my bag and have it ready to send to GG a week from today, but figured I'd share here ahead of that for anyone that wants to know what I'm thinking:

9° King SZ - only thing up for debate right now is whether or not to go Tour Length
King SZ Big Tour 3
King SZ 5 wood
King SZ ONE 4-SW
King Black ONE wedge- bent to 57°

Will end up HZRDUS Smoke Yellow in all the woods and KBS Tour V in the irons. Beyond happy with my bag, and can't wait to see what sort of advances Cobra has made in the newest iteration of ONE length irons.

As I mentioned I solidified my bag and have it ready to send to GG a week from today, but figured I'd share here ahead of that for anyone that wants to know what I'm thinking:

9° King SZ - only thing up for debate right now is whether or not to go Tour Length
King SZ Big Tour 3
King SZ 5 wood
King SZ ONE 4-SW

Will end up HZRDUS Smoke Yellow in all the woods and KBS Tour V in the irons. Beyond happy with my bag, and can't wait to see what sort of advances Cobra has made in the newest iteration of ONE length irons.

Shaping up nicely!

King SZ Big Tour 3
King SZ 5 wood
King SZ ONE 4-SW

That looks to be one heck of a setup sir, going all in on OL

King SZ Big Tour 3
King SZ 5 wood
King SZ ONE 4-SW

So glad to see so many pondering and going with OL. All this talk about them has me thinking about them, so I can't wait for the feedback that the Morgan Cup will provide! Already gotten some great info from Jose courtesy of @oumagic . Now just to convince my wife I need to try out a new set of irons after just purchasing some last year...I mean I don't have OL irons, so technically there's a hole in my bag right? Right?

I purchased a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow shaft to put into my F6+ driver, and can't wait to try it out. Been hearing good things as it relates to the SZ, so hopefully it works well in my older Cobra!

Shaping up nicely!
Looking forward to how you get everything set up! It's really nice to see that we've got folks exploring all the options that Cobra has out right now.

That looks to be one heck of a setup sir, going all in on OL
Yes sir- had great success with the F9's last year and it made me a believer. My only regret from last year was not taking the full plunge with the wedges. It was part of my bag that gapped a little funky last year from the PW to the VL wedges. Given this opportunity I figured it's time to go all in and see what we can do.

King SZ Big Tour 3
King SZ 5 wood
King SZ ONE 4-SW

Nice setup!

Just an FYI - not sure if things have changed since last year, but we were told the black wedges couldn't/shouldn't be bent (something to do with the finish/firmness of the club I believe)

Nice setup!

Just an FYI - not sure if things have changed since last year, but we were told the black wedges couldn't/shouldn't be bent (something to do with the finish/firmness of the club I believe)
Appreciate the info-- I will definitely check into that!

Back