Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

Looking forward to how you get everything set up! It's really nice to see that we've got folks exploring all the options that Cobra has out right now.

I'm pretty much set. I'm just going to finalize my wedges. And I'm going to do the T Rails. I just have to decide about the Big Fairway. I would primarily use it off the tee and a 5w would be my primary club off the deck.

Nice setup!

Just an FYI - not sure if things have changed since last year, but we were told the black wedges couldn't/shouldn't be bent (something to do with the finish/firmness of the club I believe)
Appreciate the info-- I will definitely check into that!

Can confirm. Cobra will not bend black wedges because the finish may show signs of cracking. HOWEVER they can be bent, they aren't actually cracking and will not be affected in anyway other than cosmetic. The reason Cobra won't do it is because a customer buying a new wedge probably wouldn't like seeing that.

I'm pretty much set. I'm just going to finalize my wedges. And I'm going to do the T Rails. I just have to decide about the Big Fairway. I would primarily use it off the tee and a 5w would be my primary club off the deck.
Based on what @Canadan has said in his review the Big Tour would fit that tee club bill. It's definitely what I plan mine for.

Can confirm. Cobra will not bend black wedges because the finish may show signs of cracking. HOWEVER they can be bent, they aren't actually cracking and will not be affected in anyway other than cosmetic. The reason Cobra won't do it is because a customer buying a new wedge probably wouldn't like seeing that.
Thanks much! Will just order stock then and get it bent elsewhere.

So @Tenputt you have never let us down.

What is the perfect cobra golf club bag for a Blade Runner whose tapping into 60 years in Space :drinks:

Just the bag or the clubs?

As I mentioned I solidified my bag and have it ready to send to GG a week from today, but figured I'd share here ahead of that for anyone that wants to know what I'm thinking:

9° King SZ - only thing up for debate right now is whether or not to go Tour Length
King SZ Big Tour 3
King SZ 5 wood
King SZ ONE 4-SW
King Black ONE wedge- bent to 57°

Will end up HZRDUS Smoke Yellow in all the woods and KBS Tour V in the irons. Beyond happy with my bag, and can't wait to see what sort of advances Cobra has made in the newest iteration of ONE length irons.
I like that setup.. Solid!!

As I mentioned I solidified my bag and have it ready to send to GG a week from today, but figured I'd share here ahead of that for anyone that wants to know what I'm thinking:

9° King SZ - only thing up for debate right now is whether or not to go Tour Length
King SZ Big Tour 3
King SZ 5 wood
King SZ ONE 4-SW
King Black ONE wedge- bent to 57°

Will end up HZRDUS Smoke Yellow in all the woods and KBS Tour V in the irons. Beyond happy with my bag, and can't wait to see what sort of advances Cobra has made in the newest iteration of ONE length irons.

Solid my dude!

what loft is the SZ SW?

This thread from top to bottom has been gold as usual....

I can't say enough about that grind, it's sooo good.
Man, I didn't know this even existed until right now. This option is only for the black wedge it appears and I was all set on the satin finish. Back in ponder mode on the wedges now :)

Man, I didn't know this even existed until right now. This option is only for the black wedge it appears and I was all set on the satin finish. Back in ponder mode on the wedges now :)
No overthinking!

I bothered the good folks at the PGATSS for about 4 hours yesterday. I bet I hit 150 shots minimum :) Anyway, I am VERY close to getting my bag sorted. Here is what I have so far:

Driver => Avalanche 9*. Shaft will likely be the Smoke Green 60X (none of my local stores carry the smoke greens in X for testing, so I am basing this on the smoke black testing)
Big Tour FW or maybe the regular tour. I need to try these one more time to sort it out. Shaft will likely be the Smoke Green 70X. The Big Tour is a great head and I am leaning this way.
5W => tour head. Smoke green 70X -OR- 2 hybrid with unknown shaft. The Tensei white is only available in stiff flex, so that may take me out of the hybrids.
4i => SZ in PX LZ 6.5
5-G => VL with PX LZ 6.5
54/58 MiM with KBS 610's

Well, I previously posted in here what I would put in my bag if I were in the Morgan Cup. Here it is again:

SpeedZone Driver, yellow, 9 degrees, Smoke Yellow 60/6.0 shaft
Big Tour 3 Wood, Smoke Yellow 60/6.0 shaft
Tour 5 Wood, Smoke Yellow 70/6.0 shaft
SpeedZone Hybrid, 19 degrees, Smoke Black 6.0 hybrid shaft
Forged Tec irons, 5 through gw, C Taper Lite Stiff shafts
MiM wedges, 54 and 58, C Taper Lite Stiff shafts
Cobra Connect Tour Velvet Align grips, one wrap

Done deal

On the bag... I think that set of clubs would go great in this bag.

15A21272-6282-4CBB-9584-5FA9EF754128.jpeg

Last edited:
I checked the bag make up that I submitted back in November for the second golden ticket challenge. It's very interesting that that bag make up is almost exactly similar to the one I'm going with.

Well, posted in here what I would put in my bag if I were in the Morgan Cup. Here it is again:

Done deal

View attachment 8928654
Love it (especially the bag), but I have you at 12 clubs. What else would you add?

I bothered the good folks at the PGATSS for about 4 hours yesterday. I bet I hit 150 shots minimum :) Anyway, I am VERY close to getting my bag sorted. Here is what I have so far:

Driver => Avalanche 9*. Shaft will likely be the Smoke Green 60X (none of my local stores carry the smoke greens in X for testing, so I am basing this on the smoke black testing)
Big Tour FW or maybe the regular tour. I need to try these one more time to sort it out. Shaft will likely be the Smoke Green 70X. The Big Tour is a great head and I am leaning this way.
5W => tour head. Smoke green 70X -OR- 2 hybrid with unknown shaft. The Tensei white is only available in stiff flex, so that may take me out of the hybrids.
4i => SZ in PX LZ 6.5
5-G => VL with PX LZ 6.5
54/58 MiM with KBS 610's

Love it (especially the bag), but I have you at 12 clubs. What else would you add?

Sorry, I forgot to add in a hybrid. I would choose the SpeedZone 19 degree hybrid, with Smoke Black hybrid 6.0 shaft. The putter would likely be the Cleveland Frontline Elevado, but it could also be one of a few others in my collection.

I checked the bag make up that I submitted back in November for the second golden ticket challenge. It's very interesting that that bag make up is almost exactly similar to the one I'm going with.
I had fun looking back at that one too!

Well, I previously posted in here what I would put in my bag if I were in the Morgan Cup. Here it is again:

Done deal

View attachment 8928654
I really enjoy the looks of that bag! Awesome!

It's sooo good, but I'm going MiM I think the MIM will still perform equally or better as the Versatile grind in the MiM is change (see update) from the Versatile in the Black.

Back