Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:
COBRA GOLF INTRODUCES NEW FLY-Z HYBRIDS

Featuring all-new Speed Channel Technology, visible technology to minimize face thickness and increase ball speed on off-center hits

CARLSBAD, CA (NOVEMBER 4, 2014) – COBRA Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and technology, today announced the release of its new Fly-Z fairway woods and hybrids featuring all-new Speed Channel technology for more speed across the face and increased distance off miss-hits, and zone weighting in the head for a low, deep center of gravity (CG).

More distance and increased forgiveness is derived from COBRA’s exclusive Speed Channel, an engineered trench surrounding the face that helps to minimize face thickness and provide increased ball speeds across the face that result in incredible distance. The thin, high-strength 465 stainless steel face plate insert utilized in the fairway woods measure 3023 mm2, and the Fly-Z sweet spot is now 20% larger and 18% thinner than previous models.

“Performance advancements in our fairways and hybrids also come with Zone Weighting which delivered improved CG positioning both low and centered behind the center of the face area,” said Jose Miraflor, Director of Product Marketing for COBRA Golf. ”While these internal technologies are not visible to the golfer, performance gains can be easily noticed and easily attributed to the Speed Channel face.”

Crown Zone Weighting has been added to the Fly-Z products by removing weight from the crown and repositioning it low and back in the head for a low, deep CG. Golfers are now able to use a fairway wood and hybrid to achieve extreme forgiveness on off-center hits and excellence distance off the face.

Featuring a low, back CG placement, the Fly-Z Fairways and Hybrids are designed for forgiveness and deliver the optimum combination of a low center of gravity and higher ball speed. This position combined with the new Speed Channel Face provides even more ball speed and greater distance on off-center hits. The Fly-Z Fairways feature a high strength steel insert that allows for a larger, thinner face, which enables more face flex for faster ball speeds, longer distances and higher trajectory.

For the golfer who is looking for easy distance from anywhere, Fly-Z XL fairways and hybrids incorporate a low, back CG, Crown Zone Weighting with an offset head design to maximize launch and feature COBRA’s revolutionary Speed Channel Face for more forgiveness and increased distance from the fairway.

IMG_7873-L.jpg

IMG_7876-L.jpg

Availability and Pricing:

The Fly-Z Hybrids (MAP $199) features a Matrix VLCT Altus shaft and comes in three models featuring MyFly8: 2-3H, 3-4H and the 4-5H are available in x-stiff, stiff, regular and lite flexes in both RH and LH. The Fly Z Hybrid features a Lamkin REL 3GEN 360 grip. Fly-Z Fairways and Hybrids are available January 23, 2015.

The Fly-Z XL Hybrids (MAP $169) are available in multiple lofts including: 19[SUP] o[/SUP], 22[SUP] o[/SUP], 25[SUP] o[/SUP], 28 [SUP]o[/SUP], and 31[SUP] o[/SUP], 3-7 respectively. Each club comes with a Lamkin REL grip and a Matrix Graphite shaft. Fly-Z XL Hybrids are available in store November 14, 2014.

IMG_7874-L.jpg

IMG_7875-L.jpg

IMG_7877-L.jpg

Dang those are good looking hybrids! Come January , I'm going to have to hit those beauties.

Solid looking from what we can see. I'm one who will gladly take max launch and forgivness when it comes to most clubs. ..especially hybos

Those look great and at that price point they should sell a bunch.

Nice looking hybrids Cobra has here.

Dang these look beautiful. I'm going to spend way to much money in cobra in 2015

Those are some nice looking sticks, however, I will hold on to what I have for another season. But damn, if I could get a hold of one I'd cheat on my hybrids every round.......

Great looking club. Look forward to hearing more about this.

I like the FlyZ the XL not as much, but still nice looking sticks

Oh my, these look good.

More forgiveness across the face, yes please.

These appear to setup like the Baffler XL hybrids do which I really like.

Looks like 2015 is going to be an expensive year. I want these. Badly.

Have always gotten along with Cobra hybrids. Love the consistently good looks they put out. The XL hybrid looks to be a great option for someone who struggles with hybrids but loves the look. I think Cobra has something there.

I really like the looks of these hybrids. I think the Fly-Z is more my tempo but both look to be solid offerings.

Great looking hybrids. The more forgiveness the better.

What a great looking hybrid. Love me some Cobra. This entire line just looks fantastic.

I'm a fan of hybrids and at this price it will be hard to resist. Definitely will be on the short list of hybrids to try.

I wondered where that weight would go. Love the look, Cobra keeps improving each time.

I have never had the chance to hit a Cobra hybrid, but have heard great things from Jman, Cookie, and many others about how well they work. I think these are incredibly good looking hybrids, and cannot wait to see one in person.

I have never had the chance to hit a Cobra hybrid, but have heard great things from Jman, Cookie, and many others about how well they work. I think these are incredibly good looking hybrids, and cannot wait to see one in person.

I gamed the Amp Cell hybrids until the X2Hot line came around. I never hit the Bio Cell line bc of how well I like the X2Hot, but between THPers & a couple of guys I play with locally who rave about them, this new hybrid line will get a shot for 2015

Ahhh yes...my favorite go to wood utility.

Now these I can see in the bag! Never met a Cobra Hybrid I didn't like and the styling on these is very sharp!

I much prefer the look of the Fly-Z to the Fly-Z XL

I hit these at GS the other day and was very impressed. Loved the weighting and feel of the strike. Anyone pondering one of these? I'm thinking about either the Z in orange or blue.

If they're anywhere near as solid as the Bio's were, they should get a lot of looks.

Back