Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I'd really like to hit these head to head in a 12* head to see which model I prefer, I love the HZRDUS Yellow stock shaft option.

Ok, reporting back as I promised. I actually had a good day in the simulator. Played Spyglass out in San Diego. Shot 41+44=85. Best round I've had indoors this winter so far. Had a pretty decent day with the Speedzone. I hit 9 out of 14 fairways. I know alot of people in this thread said that they love the sound of the ball of the face of this club. It sounds different to me although not in a bad way. So anyway the numbers looked like this:

Club Speed: 84.7
Ball Speed: 123.3
Launch Ang: 15.3
Spin Rate: 2400-2600
Carry: 198 yds
Total: 229 yds

All in all not a bad first outing. These numbers were taken from a total of 10 swings. This was all before we started playing 18. All in all a good day. :)

I'd really like to hit these head to head in a 12* head to see which model I prefer, I love the HZRDUS Yellow stock shaft option.

Is that the Handcrafted/Small batch or the normal mass produced version?

Is that the Handcrafted/Small batch or the normal mass produced version?
I believe the mass produced, either way I love seeing that line of shaft offered as a stock

Just to clarify the HZRDUS shafts are the smoke shafts not the original version

Just to clarify the HZRDUS shafts are the smoke shafts not the original version
Correct, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow, love seeing these more diverse options in stock shaft offerings. I can remember when it was just one or maybe two, now it's almost options overload!

The more info I see on this diver the more interested I am in putting some swings on one to see what all of the fuss is about.

Well this morning was another great test Flight.

And the Speedzone kept it's side of the bargain.

I can honestly say that I hit my first 302 yard drive with this Demon of Speed.

464 yard Short Par 5. Landed in the Middle of the Fairway. 6 iron onto the Green safely, and two putts for a bird.

No wind Assistance at 7 am and here at sea level in Ventura California.

Mostly I have been hitting 250 to 260 Yarders, But if you catch the Sweet Spot and get a good roll out. At 57 years young it's still within your Range. :drinks:

I finally was able to see the SpeedZone 10.5 in person today and boy does it look sharp. I did not get to swing it, but weight felt really good. I also took a really hard look at the SZ hybrid with the Recoil ESX 480 and I have a strong feeling that it will be in my bag in a couple days.

I tried the speed zone again a couple days ago while I was trying the Mavrik and Sim drivers. I don't know why, but all 3 times I've tried the speedzone I've lost ballspeed. It's strange. I like the feel, and I love the sound. But I averaged about 5mph less ballspeed than I did with the Marvik and Sim. Even comparing my best shots with the 3, Speedzone was lower. 161 Mavrik, 160 Sim, 156 Speedzone. Strange considering while testing last year the F9 was one of the higher ballspeed drivers I hit.
This probably didn’t account for the difference, but the Speedzone without the Accros grip (standard grip) is 1/2” shorter than the SIM and Mavrik.

This probably didn’t account for the difference, but the Speedzone without the Accros grip (standard grip) is 1/2” shorter than the SIM and Mavrik.
Who said Size Doesn't Matter?:drinks:

Who said Size Doesn't Matter?:drinks:
I called Cobra Golf this morning to ask about the purchase of different Adjustable weight options for the SpeedZone.

I am happy to report that they are well aware of this concern and will be offering multiple interchangeable weight options on the website by the middle of next week.

So for all the geeks like me who love to tinker with increasing or decreasing the interchangeable weights, to get their Speedzone driver to feel Just Perfect.

Don't worry, Help is on the Way!:drinks:

I called Cobra Golf this morning to ask about the purchase of different Adjustable weight options for the SpeedZone.

I am happy to report that they are well aware of this concern and will be offering multiple interchangeable weight options on the website by the middle of next week.

So for all the geeks like me who love to tinker with increasing or decreasing the interchangeable weights, to get their Speedzone driver to feel Just Perfect.

That’s great. Did they say what weights will be provided?

That’s great. Did they say what weights will be provided?
My bad. I forgot to Ask. I Asked about 12 and 16 gram weights specifically and was told that multiple options would be available. But I honestly failed to ask about all the options that they were planning to offer. :banghead:

Yup. Every year they make them available, wish more took a page from their book.

It does suck a bit that the shapes change every year though haha

SpeedZone is haunting me... I'm going to take my F9 to the golf store and see what happens.

It turned out really well. In fact better than I remember from the last round. Im hesitant to have too much feedback since it was extremely windy, but I am enjoying both the distance and forgiveness I am seeing more than I have in a long time. I also continue to find the sound to be downright intoxicating.
Can't wait to hear that, what shaft did you try in it?

Gonna get to hit one this weekend, can't wait to see what it's like, my last cobra driver in my bag was an amp cell!

I've owned basically every driver that's come out in the last several years. I'm a ho, been in exotic shafts, keep fighting to find a game off the tee.

I bought the extreme 10.5 off the rack and took it to a tournament. I've never hit a driver like this in my life. Forgiving all over the face. Long. Great stable ball flight. Was absolutely blown away by the performance of this. Legitimately shocked.

I'd recommend to anyone they consider this driver in their decision making. I'm thousands and thousands into equipment in the last year's and this club stunned me.

I've owned basically every driver that's come out in the last several years. I'm a ho, been in exotic shafts, keep fighting to find a game off the tee.

I bought the extreme 10.5 off the rack and took it to a tournament. I've never hit a driver like this in my life. Forgiving all over the face. Long. Great stable ball flight. Was absolutely blown away by the performance of this. Legitimately shocked.

I'd recommend to anyone they consider this driver in their decision making. I'm thousands and thousands into equipment in the last year's and this club stunned me.

What shaft did you have in it?

Back