Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Bridgestone Golf

PapaJohick

#ShortKnockerBombs
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok I just did a thing haha. I apparently won an auction for an extreme last night. Didn’t think my high bid of 280 was going to hold ??‍♂. 12* with a regular helium but I’ll just swap it out with a stiff I have in the garage. Damn taxes on eBay kill the deal though.

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok I just did a thing haha. I apparently won an auction for an extreme last night. Didn’t think my high bid of 280 was going to hold ??‍♂. 12* with a regular helium but I’ll just swap it out with a stiff I have in the garage. Damn taxes on eBay kill the deal though.
The sale of the shaft if you don't have any need for it should soften the Tax Burden :drinks:

PapaJohick

#ShortKnockerBombs
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The sale of the shaft if you don't have any need for it should soften the Tax Burden :drinks:
I have so many random shafts in the garage. I need to move them I guess haha.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I am kind of leaning towards tour length this year.

Sounds awesome.

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am kind of leaning towards tour length this year.

Sounds awesome.
I'm curious as to why. I struggle finding the center of my driver so it made since and has helped me but you seen to hit the driver well. What are you looking for? Is it to gain more accuracy?

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm curious as to why. I struggle finding the center of my driver so it made since and has helped me but you seen to hit the driver well. What are you looking for? Is it to gain more accuracy?
From what I've seen he doesn't need any help there either :rolleyes:

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
That's a bit of it, yeah. Love the extra head weight.

As much as I was a driver guy a year or two ago, I'm falling out of love with it lately. Long shafts, light heads. I almost feel like it gets me too loose out there. I want something with big control, and something I can stay in my swing with.

Could be a fun story to tell, and an easy transition back to regular length if it doesn't go well.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
From what I've seen he doesn't need any help there either :rolleyes:
Not a ton of divots to land in down the center of the fairway, amirite?!

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Not a ton of divots to land in down the center of the fairway, amirite?!
I wouldn't know I'm usually off in the right rough

Tevenor

Boom boom stick
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That's a bit of it, yeah. Love the extra head weight.

As much as I was a driver guy a year or two ago, I'm falling out of love with it lately. Long shafts, light heads. I almost feel like it gets me too loose out there. I want something with big control, and something I can stay in my swing with.

Could be a fun story to tell, and an easy transition back to regular length if it doesn't go well.
Interesting statement there. I've always gravitated to heavier head weights on drivers than is "normal" just for this reason. What's your current driver swing weight at? How would you see it changing going with tour length?

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Jos, said that the shorter shaft, means even more center face/bullseye shots - more accurate and more distance

Smoke shaft didn't do that for me, but I like the concept and feel like it is similar to the Thriver setup that I adore.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Interesting statement there. I've always gravitated to heavier head weights on drivers than is "normal" just for this reason. What's your current driver swing weight at?
I don't own a driver. Gave my Epic Flash Sub Zero to my Dad, and my F9 to a friend haha

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.6
I don't own a driver. Gave my Epic Flash Sub Zero to my Dad, and my F9 to a friend haha
Your dad sure seems to inherit a lot of nice equipment. :)

Tevenor

Boom boom stick
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Let's try this a different way. If the heavier head makes you feel like more in control and within your swing, what's swing weight where you feel it best and gives you that feeling of control, regardless if it's a driver or a big 3w or whatever you want to call it.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Your dad sure seems to inherit a lot of nice equipment. :)
He's earned it haha

When people ask how many sets of clubs i can build with my stash, I always wonder whether I should include his bag haha

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+

Let's try this a different way. If the heavier head makes you feel like more in control and within your swing, what's swing weight where you feel it best and gives you that feeling of control, regardless if it's a driver or a big 3w or whatever you want to call it.
I really haven't spent a ton of time with this, honestly. I used to love the heavier 430cc heads with a 65g shaft. Seems like the lighter they get, the longer I get in my swing.

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.6
Jos, said that the shorter shaft, means even more center face/bullseye shots - more accurate and more distance

Smoke shaft didn't do that for me, but I like the concept and feel like it is similar to the Thriver setup that I adore.
I would love to see a significant comparison from a good ball striker regarding average distance and fairways hit with tour length v standard length. Does Jos use tour length? While it’s obvious that center strikes will result in the highest smash factor, I wonder how much the extra inch reduces center strikes for a decent ball striker.

jfrigo1003

#TeamParadise2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If I go standard SZ I'll go tour length b/c I cut down my shafts anyways.... If I go Xtreme, which is what im leaning towards, id play it at 45". I'm curious if the Xtreme in tour length with the heavier weight in back would raise launch and spin even more. The Xtreme I hit last week was very good numbers and I wouldn't want to launch higher or spin more.

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.6
I really haven't spent a ton of time with this, honestly. I used to love the heavier 430cc heads with a 65g shaft. Seems like the lighter they get, the longer I get in my swing.
I can kind of see that for you, because you have a long swing anyway. I have a much more compact swing and think I might miss a shorter club just as easily as the longer shafted club.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
I would love to see a significant comparison from a good ball striker regarding average distance and fairways hit with tour length v standard length. Does Jos use tour length? While it’s obvious that center strikes will result in the highest smash factor, I wonder how much the extra inch reduces center strikes for a decent ball striker.
I'm sure it's validated on an Iron Byron - I know Rickie played Tour Length for 17/18 (it was a marketing talking point) not sure about last year.

ToddJ027b

Morgan Cup 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sure it's validated on an Iron Byron - I know Rickie played Tour Length for 17/18 (it was a marketing talking point) not sure about last year.
I love my tour length driver that I game right now. I don't see any reason to not do it again. Gained accuracy and tightened the cluster up with it.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
I love my tour length driver that I game right now. I don't see any reason to not do it again. Gained accuracy and tightened the cluster up with it.

Datkison

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was fitted for tour length and it helped with the dispersion.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in