Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I like the yellow. I think the infinity face transitions better into the gloss than the matt.
That is where I'm at too, with regards to the colors and the overall package. This stuck out to me.

Decisions, decisions! For what it's worth to anyone other than me, I like the yellow.

I like the yellow. I think the infinity face transitions better into the gloss than the matt.
I'm kind of the opposite actually. However in the pic you can see some marks on the crown on the white one...that is my concern with any matte finish. It could be enough to push me to yellow

I'm kind of the opposite actually. However in the pic you can see some marks on the crown on the white one...that is my concern with any matte finish. It could be enough to push me to yellow

It’s fun to have two choices. How many other manufacturers offer that?

It’s fun to have two choices. How many other manufacturers offer that?
Different finishes? None at the same time in the same line that I can think of.

yellow-2795823-7cb885a95abd4e6a9bba2890d2dfd76e.png

Yellow!

I am legally obligated under penalty of being made fun of on THP to say that I would very much enjoy playing the yellow one, right @JB? :D:p
Yellow sure does look purdy doesn’t it?

No sir. I can keep the yellow one and you can say you want a white one all day long :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, I did get to see the yellow on in my hands this week and it does look really really good. Way better than I would have thought. Not to mention the milled face just looks amazing. Seriously just sat there and rotated it like a hand model showing off a watch as the light bounced off the face. This thing will be amazing in my bag.

Yellow for me unless there's another special edition masters green!

I will post numbers when I receive the TrackMan report, and I can’t say how much is the head and how much is the shaft, but this is the best driver I have ever hit. I am dead serious.

Some pics from today. You decide, white or yellow?

View attachment 8922643
so this..

1579045332471.png

Based on the way I treat clubs (obsessively), I am sure it wouldn't be a problem, but if my top line ever got lines like that on it, I'd lose my mind hahaha

so this..

View attachment 8922706

Based on the way I treat clubs (obsessively), I am sure it wouldn't be a problem, but if my top line ever got lines like that on it, I'd lose my mind hahaha

That comes from more often than not another club hitting it In demo areas, but its one of the biggest reasons I am not a fan of matte heads overall.

That comes from more often than not another club hitting it In demo areas, but its one of the biggest reasons I am not a fan of matte heads overall.
yeah, it's obviously one of those things that would only come from negligence, but once it's on there....

Got to take my Xtreme to the range. I love the feel of the driver and the accuracy is nuts for me. My F9 may be a little longer, but the consistency is not even close. I can’t wait to get this on course to see how it translages but I was hitting the same spots on a regular basis. I hit a number on the heel (which isn’t my usual miss) and they flew good with a cut. Pretty darn straight for the most part.

So I went Avalanche last year—- if I buy this year I may just have to go yellow based on some of the pics you all are posting.

I finally got the chance to hit the Cobra tonight and came away with a few thoughts:
- Looks: I love the look of this club. They had the yellow to demo and I thought it was a pretty cool color combo. It totally has that exotic sports car look that I love.
- Feel: I thought it was a great feeling/sounding driver. They did reallyv well in that area.
- Distance: unfortunately I was struggling with consistency with this one. I was seeing some pretty long drives, but I was also seeing some of the shortest drives it off everything I was testing.
- Spin: this was all over the board. I was anywhere from 1,800 to 2,500rpm. I have no idea how accurate the launch monitor was but I didn't see anything like that with other drivers.
- Dispersion/ball flight: I again struggled in this area. Dispersion was pretty bad and it was a two way miss unfortunately.

I want to follow up by saying that this was with a stock shaft that may very well be a terrible fit for me so it's not a great comparison. I would be interested to see how it would improve with a fitting because I think it has great potential. Overall this could be a great option out there, especially for the price.

Here are some comparisons of the SpeedZone and the F9.21C7F243-411D-4BD1-A893-4692B55789EB.jpeg541B5F45-9359-48A1-AB3B-7CC830582F0B.jpeg

I think the infinity symbol is a bit unecessary, but otherwise I think the Speedzone looks better. The white/matte version especially.

I agree, especially if their is no functional use for it and it is only a cosmetic feature.

I think the infinity symbol is a bit unecessary, but otherwise I think the Speedzone looks better. The white/matte version especially.
I am with you. The bad thing is they didn't bring out an avalanche version of the fairway woods/hybrids.

I am with you. The bad thing is they didn't bring out an avalanche version of the fairway woods/hybrids.
They have white versions of the fairways just not the hybrids or the Big Tour FW

Back