Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

So the ones picked are getting outfitted with these babies? Having an emotional moment...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Morgan Cup participants get a full bag of Cobra equipment of their choosing.
Distance Bash participants will each be fit for a brand new driver as well.

Every single THP Experience comes with equipment of some kind.

And it's going to be craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy fun.

sleep will be compromised for sure now. Ty..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A9640718-F914-45D3-8C8D-09470F2F3508.jpeg
DDAFAB6C-492A-4893-92B4-903FE3F5D013.jpeg
I was able to hit some drivers at lunch. Only had twenty minutes to check them out. Able to hit SZ and extreme while there with shafts that were already in demo clubs.

They look great at set up and I really like the yellow. Didn’t have my best swing with no warm up and stretched for time but when you hit them they feel and sound great. I don’t ever hit a draw so I am not sure if it was set up or something else today.

For me I liked the SZ better than the extreme. It looked more like the F8+ I am currently gaming. Also the SZ was with the Tensei blue shaft in regular flex. It just felt nice. Never played a regular flex so when I go get fit I’ll have to find something similar.

View attachment 8922865
View attachment 8922866
I was able to hit some drivers at lunch. Only had twenty minutes to check them out. Able to hit SZ and extreme while there with shafts that were already in demo clubs.

They look great at set up and I really like the yellow. Didn’t have my best swing with no warm up and stretched for time but when you hit them they feel and sound great. I don’t ever hit a draw so I am not sure if it was set up or something else today.

For me I liked the SZ better than the extreme. It looked more like the F8+ I am currently gaming. Also the SZ was with the Tensei blue shaft in regular flex. It just felt nice. Never played a regular flex so when I go get fit I’ll have to find something similar.
Glad you got to take some swings with it. Hopefully that gc2 is broken because that is some really really low spin, except for the obvious one that is ridiculously high

View attachment 8922865
View attachment 8922866

I hit the Xtreme with Helium Shaft on Saturday. I swung like someone who hadn't swung a club since late October. I'm going to try some other shafts when I go back.

View attachment 8922865
View attachment 8922866

Wow, those are low spin numbers, particularly given the shaft. I think you would see improved carry and total distance with the Xtreme head. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you got to take some swings with it. Hopefully that gc2 is broken because that is some really really low spin, except for the obvious one that is ridiculously high
Yeah I thought the spin was super low but it was good to hit them. I think where I get fit they have trackman so hopefully it will be better numbers.

I should have gone white.
I'm surprised you didn't. You were all team white last year. I was all in on yellow last year but I really like this version of the white. I haven't gamed a matte driver since the XR16

Need to hit the Extreme again, this time with a Helium, and maybe the Tour Length. Sounds glorious....

I got to play a sloppy nine today (lots of rain/melted snow). Had a pretty good day with the Xtreme. Had a few shocking holes, but that was me trying to kill it. Had a number of nice high drives. Not a lot of roll today but still had some long balls. My dispersion was very good overall. I am adding 4 grams of weight because I am playing it at 44.75. Got that weight today.

Today I hit balls with the new Speedzone comparing it directly to my F9, affectionately known as Emma.

First let me say I am just a regular Joe who averaged 216 carry and 248 total distances. Taking into account the time of year and season, I would say that translates to my 260ish mid summer distance. I provided these few stats so that my everyone can view my assessments based on my playing level.

LOOKS
I liked the appearance of the new speedzone, especially the logo used for alignment on the top. I only got to look at the yellow model and found it’s far more appealing to me than last year’s. Don’t know why, maybe it’s not as obtrusive, maybe I am getting desensitized. Dare I say I MAY like it more than my F9 AVALANCHE?

SOUND
I can’t tell the difference. Maybe cause I am tone deaf. If blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to tell them apart.

PERFORMANCE
I lumped the new milled infinity designed face into performance while I easily could have spoken about it under looks. So, while I actually loved the infinity milled face, I found ZERO gain in performance for my particular swing. The one good thing about my swing is, that more often than not, I am able to find somewhat centre of club face. Maybe that’s why my impressive 89.5mph swing speed translates into a reasonable distance for me...haha.
I am torn on the enlarged milled area. I really liked the way it framed the club, but I am perfectly happy with the F9 milled face. I see an advantage for beginners who may hit one or two off the top every once in a while. The larger milled face will prevent that telltale sign of a skyball!

The longest ball I hit today was with my F9 but in fairness, it was only 2 yards more than the new speedzone. Therefore I believe that was a wash. I also didn’t find any noticeable difference in forgiveness. I am certain this is because I am not a long ball hitter and have always needed to find the fairway. Still love the cobra brand for forgiveness.

Right now, based on today’s ball striking clinic, (very similar to Moe Norman’s...hahaha), I would buy the F9 at the reduced sale price and forego the expense of the new speedzone. But, if money was no object, MAYBE that speedzone would find it’s way into my bag, just not sure if it would be the “Canary” or “Avalanche”. Just thinking of the colour option speaks volumes on how much better the 2020 club looks!

The shape in motion that invented the shape in motion.:unsure::LOL:F664000D-6F58-47B7-A37C-CD2BE4C00164.jpeg

I am surprised that @jdtox feels comfortable posting on the forum that he's into the white considering his co-captain's feedback on F9 white haha

I'm still on the fence for this year. The addition of the red to the white head actually took it the other way for me.
Pink
For the record my co-captain has confirmed that the white on this model is no longer for *******, I already asked haha
Pink
Matte gets me every time
It’s fun to have two choices. How many other manufacturers offer that?
*cough* Pink
I'm surprised you didn't. You were all team white last year. I was all in on yellow last year but I really like this version of the white. I haven't gamed a matte driver since the XR16
Will probably go yellow for MC (or pink)
The shape in motion that invented the shape in motion.:unsure::LOL:View attachment 8922945
That looks really good, yellow or pink it is

Another much needed bump up! Remember yellow is fast, white is boring, or so I hear...

Oh hell thats a awesome driver!! I’m weak in the knees.

I am almost incontinent with excitement ?

Heading into Aberdeen shortly to have a few swings with some of the line. Initial thoughts based on photos are the white and matt will be the one for me, but will wait until they’re in hand...

Heading into Aberdeen shortly to have a few swings with some of the line. Initial thoughts based on photos are the white and matt will be the one for me, but will wait until they’re in hand...
That's great, you're jumping right in! Cant wait to hear your initial thoughts!

Looks like mine will be here Monday. Going to go a head and shaft up my PX tester shaft (Riptide 60) for it and have some S&G’s with it vs the 410 LST w my custom in it and MAVRIK w Riptide 60.

I finally got to see the matte White head and oh man is it a looker. I definitely prefer the look of the white head vs the yellow.

That matte look on the white is ??? and is the leader in the house for now. I will hit the PGATSS this week and get a better look at the new offerings. I'm sure the sales reps will be plenty tired of me by May.

Back