Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Irons

Wonder if the 5i/u would be an upgrade enough over my F9 to jump.

Looking forward to a lot of feedback come May!

Just received my shipping notification. It looks like I will have the two 4 irons in my possession Thursday.

Just received my shipping notification. It looks like I will have the two 4 irons in my possession Thursday.

And your adoring public still wants to know. Why two 4 irons?

I saw these at the PGASS yesterday. In-hand the CF isn’t overwhelming. Sat next to the F9... they look almost the same.

I’m in the market for an iron upgrade and the F9 or SZ is on the list... with what I’ve seen/read/watched... I’m not sure the SZ is with the wait or extra $$.

And your adoring public still wants to know. Why two 4 irons?
Haha I’m not trying To be coy, really. It’s just that I have to put a couple pieces in place before I start talking about it, which is almost there. I should nannies more at the end of next week.

I saw these at the PGASS yesterday. In-hand the CF isn’t overwhelming. Sat next to the F9... they look almost the same.

I’m in the market for an iron upgrade and the F9 or SZ is on the list... with what I’ve seen/read/watched... I’m not sure the SZ is with the wait or extra $$.

Let’s put it this way. If the SZ are an upgrade to the F9 irons, then they are something truly special, because the F9 irons are damn good irons. I still say that they are the best combination of easiest to use irons and a decent looking package behind the ball of anything I have ever tried.

Last edited:
Let’s put it this way. If the SZ are an upgrade to the F9 irons, then they are something truly special, because the F9 irons are damn good irons. I still say that they are the easiest to use irons and a decent looking package behind the ball of anything I have ever tried.

Thanks for that post! Kinda confirms where my head is.

Thanks for that post! Kinda confirms where my head is.
I’ll have a SZ 4i in my hand in about 5 days to compare to the F9 4i in my bag now, so I should be able to give some feedback on the comparison. I also played the F9 OL for a bit, so I have that as a background as well.

I'm not confused about the 2 4 iron part. Heck, I've done that. But the same shaft is what confuses me. I'm ready for the surprise to be explained.

I haven’t been to Roger Dunn lately. Are the SZ irons in stock to at least demo? I am very interested and would like to give these a test run.

Haha I’m not trying To be coy, really. It’s just that I have to put a couple pieces in place before I start talking about it, which is almost there. I should nannies more at the end of next week.
I can't wait!! I'll try to be patient but I am curious

I was able to hit a Speedzone 7 iron today with a graphite shaft (Mamiya). Since I never hit the F9s, I have nothing to compare it to. But, I was extremely happy today with the ball flight and trajectory today produced by this iron and shaft. I didn’t really notice the carbon fiber strip on the iron.

I’m going back for a complete fitting in a couple weeks.

@gkeller813, IMO, these are the irons.
Thanks for the feedback @Bernoulli . What irons do you normally play? What's you iron game strength and weakness?

My miss is typically right, and I chunk more than I thin. I'm playing the srixon 565/765 combo right now. On a good day I can hit these pretty well. But having never tried a true GI iron set, I really think these will help me with my consistancy with my irons. Cant wait to try them out!

Thanks for the feedback @Bernoulli . What irons do you normally play? What's you iron game strength and weakness?

My miss is typically right, and I chunk more than I thin. I'm playing the srixon 565/765 combo right now. On a good day I can hit these pretty well. But having never tried a true GI iron set, I really think these will help me with my consistancy with my irons. Cant wait to try them out!

I currently have a set of Ping G Irons. Iron play is my weakness. I can be too steep, I tend to miss off the toe. When I’m swinging well though, I’m pretty good with short irons.

It should give you something to consider.

I’m very interested in seeing these in hand and taking a few swings with them compared to the Forged Tec. As of this week still not at the store.

I plan to hit these this week (weather permitting). My local shop said the demo clubs are supposed to arrive.

I’m very interested in seeing these in hand and taking a few swings with them compared to the Forged Tec. As of this week still not at the store.

I plan to hit these this week (weather permitting). My local shop said the demo clubs are supposed to arrive.

I hope you find them worth the wait. I hit a 7 iron today and I really liked it.

Finally got to see these in person, took a few swings. I only hit the 8i but I walked away impressed and a bit surprised. Ball flight was higher than Forged Tec with 2* Stronger loft and they feel pretty good to me, I'd have to try a few other irons in the set but I was shocked. Ready for this 8i to 8i....size wise they are almost identical...yes I said Identical to the Forged Tec. I have a pic but not sure if I can post it yet.

I'm not sure about the chrome finish coming from the DBM as these will be shiny in the sun but these are a good looking iron...Also I did not notice the carbon fiber at all and don't see it in pics either. There will be some of the these irons in my Morgan Cup setup.

Finally got to see these in person, took a few swings. I only hit the 8i but I walked away impressed and a bit surprised. Ball flight was higher than Forged Tec with 2* Stronger loft and they feel pretty good to me, I'd have to try a few other irons in the set but I was shocked. Ready for this 8i to 8i....size wise they are almost identical...yes I said Identical to the Forged Tec. I have a pic but not sure if I can post it yet.

Also not sure about the chrome finish coming from the DBM as these will be shiny in the sun but these are a good looking iron...Also I did not notice the carbon fiber at all and don't see it in pics either. There will be some of the these irons in my Morgan Cup setup.
Wait wait wait wait wait, JACKED lofts went HIGHER? But the off the lawn crowd says that’s ********!

;););)

Also not sure about the chrome finish coming from the DBM as these will be shiny in the sun but these are a good looking iron...Also I did not notice the carbon fiber at all and don't see it in pics either. There will be some of the these irons in my Morgan Cup setup.

I definitely did not notice the carbon fiber at all at address. Was pleasantly surprised by these.

Back