Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I'll take a deeper dive into these irons the next time I'm in the THP Tech Studio, but man...

Forget the results for a second to let me just say; I am 100% convinced that the finish redefined my perspective on these irons. Copper looks INSANELY good on them, and is perfectly suited for the profile. While the shiny finish did very little to entice me, these screamed at me within a minute of arriving, and I kept grabbing one during my time there to just admire it.

I am so glad they did this.

I'll take a deeper dive into these irons the next time I'm in the THP Tech Studio, but man...

Forget the results for a second to let me just say; I am 100% convinced that the finish redefined my perspective on these irons. Copper looks INSANELY good on them, and is perfectly suited for the profile. While the shiny finish did very little to entice me, these screamed at me within a minute of arriving, and I kept grabbing one during my time there to just admire it.

I am so glad they did this.
No pics? Come on man!

I’m am so fascinated by these irons... perfect profile, perfect feel and dare I say “Ping like” durability. Plus these in copper are absolutely stunning. Definitely a top contender for my MC bag.

I’m am so fascinated by these irons... perfect profile, perfect feel and dare I say “Ping like” durability. Plus these in copper are absolutely stunning. Definitely a top contender for my MC bag.
If I was on one of the Morgan Cup teams the copper version would 100% be in my bag, hope to see them in a few guys bags so we can hear about them as well as see how the wear throughout the summer

Whether it be these or FTs in my bag, the copper isn't even a contender, it will be there. I want to hit these so so badly.

I wouldn't go as far as "Ping like" durability if you mean the finish. Mine is wearing on the outer edges of the most used club (set was a demo from the pro shop, 7 iron was unwrapped). The club face is fine, but the back sharper edges are susceptible. They were bent 2 UP and they do show some markings from that effort. That said, I absolutely love them. Just felt I should share the report.

Attachments

• image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image3 (1).jpeg
    image3 (1).jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image4 (1).jpeg
    image4 (1).jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 35
  • image5 (1).jpeg
    image5 (1).jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 32
Every time I see the copper MIM tours I get the impulse to buy!

Those copper mim’s are beauties! There would have been no possible way I wouldn’t have chose them if I was in the Morgan Cup. I will definitely test them out when they hit our shop.

Hit the 7 iron today with $ Taper 130x. Gamers are currently t100s. Normal 7 iron speed around 95. Was topping out today around 92. Shaft on cobra is 1/2 shorter when is doesn’t have the Arccos on it. Numbers were very similar even though I expect the cobras will be a touch longer when the 1/2 longer is applied. The Cobras looked way better to me at address and felt 100 times better when hitting. Dispersion was also tighter with the Cobras. My miss is toe side and these would still have me front of the green on the toe side. The feel is addicting. The profile of this Club is perfect to my eyes. Can’t wait to get these in Copper w/ black money tapers for my MC bag! I’ll have some more time next week to do some side by side with different irons as well.

Attachments

• 1A24541C-0CE1-4063-99D0-4BAFE29A9949.jpeg
    1A24541C-0CE1-4063-99D0-4BAFE29A9949.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 9
The copper with the black shaft is truly a beauty in this or the forged tec. 2 more days until my fitting but man oh man I am getting antsy.

:cobra:

Hit the 7 iron today with $ Taper 130x. Gamers are currently t100s. Normal 7 iron speed around 95. Was topping out today around 92. Shaft on cobra is 1/2 shorter when is doesn’t have the Arccos on it. Numbers were very similar even though I expect the cobras will be a touch longer when the 1/2 longer is applied. The Cobras looked way better to me at address and felt 100 times better when hitting. Dispersion was also tighter with the Cobras. My miss is toe side and these would still have me front of the green on the toe side. The feel is addicting. The profile of this Club is perfect to my eyes. Can’t wait to get these in Copper w/ black money tapers for my MC bag! I’ll have some more time next week to do some side by side with different irons as well.
Can't wait to see you win some holes with them!

I’m depending on these irons to ease the putting bleed.

Reading all your experiences with these makes me soooo damn excited for golf to open up again at the end of the month. Its been about 3 months since I've hit a ball.

Only so much "feel" you can get from back garden air swings

CAN NOT WAIT!?! my mims are just sat there all clean and unhit

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I would bet a month’s salary that there is no copper release coming in these irons, although the photos are cool.
Should I send you my address for the check? 😂😂

Great bump!

Should I send you my address for the check? 😂😂
Touché. These subsequent releases of something more cool irritate me. I would so much rather have the copper and would have waited had I known. I can’t justify selling mine simply to get the copper. Lots of other companies do this as a way to regenerate enthusiasm in a current release, so I shouldn’t feel differently in this instance. I guess I was voicing my hope that it wouldn’t happen here, but I am surely happy for those who get to have the copper in this awesome set of irons.

Touché. These subsequent releases of something more cool irritate me. I would so much rather have the copper and would have waited had I known. I can’t justify selling mine simply to get the copper. Lots of other companies do this as a way to regenerate enthusiasm in a current release, so I shouldn’t feel differently in this instance. I guess I was voicing my hope that it wouldn’t happen here, but I am surely happy for those who get to have the copper in this awesome set of irons.
I get that and it makes sense. I think the chrome are pretty fantastic and I still haven't seen the copper in person...I'm not sure I want irons that will wear :oops:

I get that and it makes sense. I think the chrome are pretty fantastic and I still haven't seen the copper in person...I'm not sure I want irons that will wear :oops:
See the wear would be no problem for me, I would wear it out top to bottom, side to side not one little wear spot dead center! :)

I have seen them in person and I think that they are the best looking cavity iron that I have ever seen.

Back