The X is a bit of a different beast. One that I seemed to get along with in the bay. 10.5 deg with the iMi Smoke shaft S. This is the shaft I have in my fairway wood from a fitting so I know I get along with it. I seemed to be able to square the face really nicely. I liked what I saw numbers wise for me. I’ll put them in thumbnails to not blownup the thread this go and you’ll see why I need to work on AOA…

It seemed to feel/sound a bit more muted and solid compared to the XB for me. I liked it. Didn’t have quite the crack I get sometimes on the XB.

B21F606E-F9E0-4D16-B830-74A38B7D6086.jpegA68FF985-6B5A-4B9E-A8A1-CCA174E07C5C.jpegF2686B17-E921-429C-BF7E-2006ADD1AE43.jpeg3013D84D-FD06-4434-B9F0-A4671DE182FC.jpeg5AA8BB60-29D2-48F5-9207-EF365219A15D.jpeg18B99589-E7C3-4AA7-9E75-778F4DA5C036.jpeg

Put the XB on the same shaft and had the following. Anyone who plays with me will recognize those shots.
B7BFADA9-6B4E-47D1-9996-2B57EB1CE82B.jpeg9EECB22D-28A6-470E-A3DE-DD716E38F46F.jpeg20413202-31D1-4276-854A-1427015FCD06.jpegCF166FC5-E3B2-444B-BEAF-CEE106221980.jpeg

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread, but how do you know that either of those fit you well or not with estimated spin readings from TM?

X is getting slept on hard in here!
I typically gravitate toward the low spin head but the X is what I think I would go with. I saw some very low spin numbers in the videos I listened to today and I want the benefits of the zero CG and good MOI numbers.

Not to derail the thread, but how do you know that either of those fit you well or not with estimated spin readings from TM?
I take them with a grain of salt. Will likely get a formal fitting, but I trust the track man well enough to see big differences. Others can probably speak better to those details

Great write up, I haven't really gotten along with Cobra drivers (didn't try last years model) but will for sure be going to test this one out.

Ok @Jman and @jdtox I think the X is better for me now. Reading some more about it and doing some soul searching I can roll with the unicorn.

I typically see LMs as comparison only on the day of; my swing varies so much, I know I’m unlikely to see that in the field. So it’s much more of (all things equal, which wins)

I’ll add, I know on the internet the chase for obscenely low spin is still real, but most of us don’t need that at all. Likewise, 2500-2900 is NOT HIGH SPIN.
I like easier launch and straiter ball flight.

I think the RADSPEED XB was the driver last year that anyone could pick up and play. LTDx has more speed and more stability. That's stupid. Take my money.

Question for @JB? What kind of selection will be available at retail on release date? Do they have a good supply of these?

Really want to try the LTDx. Love the matte black. The blue looks awesome too, but I sort of wish they would have gone matte there too.

I typically see LMs as comparison only on the day of; my swing varies so much, I know I’m unlikely to see that in the field. So it’s much more of (all things equal, which wins)
Agree with this, especially with driver. I bring a lot of variability to the table 😁.

Being able to compare side by side on that helps me. Based on today, I would go with the LTDx. When I test with my fitter it could be another story. Also want to hit the Max to compare. Not 100% convinced I couldn’t use a touch more spin based on the above sample.

Question for @JB? What kind of selection will be available at retail on release date? Do they have a good supply of these?
I asked this question and they said most retailers they are in will have a decent stock, but they are planning on strong sales. I know Budget Golf will have them too.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I've seen mention of Tour Length several times. What are the advantages to a shorter shaft and heavier head?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I've seen mention of Tour Length several times. What are the advantages to a shorter shaft and heavier head?
Many find the shorter shaft is easier to hit in the center. Hit in the center = more fairways typically. Heavier head is to balance swing weight lost from shorter shaft.

I just read the article and this thread from start to finish. The story behind the Unicorn is pretty compelling. I have GOT to try one of those! I like the HOT face, though I will say I thought Infinity Face was a great and unique look. The new finish option are both really good, I am going to have to see in hand to decide between the two.

Many find the shorter shaft is easier to hit in the center. Hit in the center = more fairways typically. Heavier head is to balance swing weight lost from shorter shaft.
Sounds like something that could be useful for me since I have a tendency to explore all sectors of a driver face.

Sounds like something that could be useful for me since I have a tendency to explore all sectors of a driver face.
I am giving it serious thought as well. If I stay out of jail off the tee I can typically score pretty well.

I forgot to add to my previous post, that I tremendously appreciate the comments from the Morgan Cup guys in this thread. I loved reading some of the in-depth stuff that has been shared.

Back