I think there are enough people out there that hit down on the ball that Cobra made (what seems to be) the perfect head for you guys!
This is me! This is me! I'm in the -2 to 0 range typically. It certainly seemed to respond pretty well to me.

If I have another session or two like the one I had with the LTDx yesterday the XB will likely be posted for sale. :unsure:

One question for those knowledgeable, how does AOA impact spin rate and the subsequently choice of clubhead? I'm guessing that move from -2 to +2. let's say may not cause a spin difference that couldn't be handled with the hosel adjustability.

This is me! This is me! I'm in the -2 to 0 range typically. It certainly seemed to respond pretty well to me.

If I have another session or two like the one I had with the LTDx yesterday the XB will likely be posted for sale. :unsure:

One question for those knowledgeable, how does AOA impact spin rate and the subsequently choice of clubhead? I'm guessing that move from -2 to +2. let's say may not cause a spin difference that couldn't be handled with the hosel adjustability.
I think I recall 1* of loft on the hosel = about 200 rpm but I could be wrong and I don't know how AOA affects that.

Positive AOA will reduce spin rate, depending on where your miss is on the clubhead as well as swing speed you can actually lower spin too much and the ball will almost "fall out of the sky". Are you worried that if you start hitting up on the ball that you will get too low of spin? I don't think that should be a concern unless you are in excess of +4 or+5.

Yep, I think that LTDx is going to be the best fit for folks like you and @TheDoctor. I'm not a fitter by any means but I think there are enough people out there that hit down on the ball that Cobra made (what seems to be) the perfect head for you guys!
That's where I'm aiming at certainly. Although I am doing a lot of work at the minute to improve my angle of attack with driver. I've got it back into the positive now, just need to build on it.

Kinda weird on Cobra site can't select a 9° lefty LTDx driver in the custom box, only available in stock. The 10.5 is available. The stock options are great, just looking at a different grip.

Positive AOA will reduce spin rate, depending on where your miss is on the clubhead as well as swing speed you can actually lower spin too much and the ball will almost "fall out of the sky". Are you worried that if you start hitting up on the ball that you will get too low of spin? I don't think that should be a concern unless you are in excess of +4 or+5.
Concern might be too big of a word, but yes, interested to know how much shifting that will impact the spin. Some of the ones I had with the LTDx were hovering in the mid 2's. Just want to make sure if I make that switch I'm still going to be in the okay range. I don't see myself moving my swing that radically to +4 or +5.

I'm not sure if this has been said but does anyone know what the head weight is for the LTDX?

I'm not sure if this has been said but does anyone know what the head weight is for the LTDX?
This is a prototype, but I’m sure it’s similar. No adapter weight

2DF1BD44-C4E2-471E-8B92-A1C3C5E99A60.jpeg

Concern might be too big of a word, but yes, interested to know how much shifting that will impact the spin. Some of the ones I had with the LTDx were hovering in the mid 2's. Just want to make sure if I make that switch I'm still going to be in the okay range. I don't see myself moving my swing that radically to +4 or +5.

I'd be pretty confident that with a +2 AOA you will not be too low of spin. However, best to at least test it on the simulator. If your miss is high on the head though you might get some low spinners occasionally. That might just be a tee height problem then.

I'd be pretty confident that with a +2 AOA you will not be too low of spin. However, best to at least test it on the simulator. If your miss is high on the head though you might get some low spinners occasionally. That might just be a tee height problem then.
I will have to try to manipulate that during my fitter to try to test. Thanks for the info.

I swing witha +3-5 AOA with only 103SS and my spin numbers with the Radspeed are around 2200. Occasionally drop to around 1900-2000. But the launch is around 14-15 and my carry is pretty optimized at 260-265.

I don't seem to get those knuckle balls that drop out very often. But thought i couldn't go wrong with the LTDx.

Mid 2's is good!

Mid 2's is good!
I know! That's why I woke up wondering if I should just click order!

I also know that if long term I can bring that AOA up it will yield gains, assuming the spin doesn't fall off the table so asking around a bit.

I swing witha +3-5 AOA with only 103SS and my spin numbers with the Radspeed are around 2200. Occasionally drop to around 1900-2000. But the launch is around 14-15 and my carry is pretty optimized at 260-265.

I don't seem to get those knuckle balls that drop out very often. But thought i couldn't go wrong with the LTDx.
Much appreciated feedback as I am only a few mph behind you.

You all are making it hard not to hit the order button this morning....

I know! That's why I woke up wondering if I should just click order!

I also know that if long term I can bring that AOA up it will yield gains, assuming the spin doesn't fall off the table so asking around a bit.
If the spin falls because you improved your swing you can A) loft up B) change balls or C) buy a new shiny club....I don't see the problem

This lineup piqued my interest so I started looking for reviews and preliminary numbers to get a sense of what performance would look like from each offering. This is what I made notes of

- Spin was mid/low (not bad) 2,000 RPM across all the heads. Even lower and heel side didnt produce the higher spin numbers you would expect. That's not to say high spin numbers are not attainable, but low spin is there across the face. i'm sure 10.5 heads will help those who need the spin to be higher
- The sound of the Max seemed to be the most off putting indoors. Outdoors it seemed to get better and the F9 sound/feel was thrown around by several reviewers
- The ball speeds are there across the face. Even with smash dropping under 1.5, the ball speeds didn't deviate much.
- distance and forgiveness was there with all three models. The LTDx Max seemed to offer the most shot correction for those who need it. It seemed to automatically want to go right to left. Again I am sure this is player dependent, but for those who need it, the draw help is there and easy to dial in with the weights.
- LTDx and LTDx LS seemed to be neck and neck in terms of a spin profile, distance and forgiveness. The LTDx LS did spin lower on center strikes and ball speed kicked up a little more, but the LTDx held it's own. I think the big difference is going to be preferred shape at address and the spin profile the player is trying to fit into.

To my untrained eye, those look pretty good numbers to me (y)

Pondering over. I just sent this in an email to one of the pros at my club to place the order.

I'm getting weak in my old age, or maybe the -12º temperature this morning gave me another reason to buy and have something new and shiny to look forward to. This is the first time I've ever had two new drivers(Stealth+) on order simultaneously, but they are still cheaper than my wife's purses and shoes. :LOL:

I love that it comes in a stock heavy head Tour Length as I've been playing my drivers at 44.5" for decades, and most of them have either special order heavier weights at an additional cost, or I've had to resort to lead tape. :)

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.47.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-20 at 8.47.13 AM.png

Last edited:
I love new releases but have never been an early adopter. I just can't justify a $500 driver in my mind. I've hit many $500 drivers like crap, they were just a third if the price used. HOWEVER, the 10% off code by Cobra is making me have a very itchy trigger finger 🤔

Cobra shading TM now.

Screenshot_20220120-081906_Instagram.jpg

This lineup piqued my interest so I started looking for reviews and preliminary numbers to get a sense of what performance would look like from each offering. This is what I made notes of

- Spin was mid/low (not bad) 2,000 RPM across all the heads. Even lower and heel side didnt produce the higher spin numbers you would expect. That's not to say high spin numbers are not attainable, but low spin is there across the face. i'm sure 10.5 heads will help those who need the spin to be higher
- The sound of the Max seemed to be the most off putting indoors. Outdoors it seemed to get better and the F9 sound/feel was thrown around by several reviewers
- The ball speeds are there across the face. Even with smash dropping under 1.5, the ball speeds didn't deviate much.
- distance and forgiveness was there with all three models. The LTDx Max seemed to offer the most shot correction for those who need it. It seemed to automatically want to go right to left. Again I am sure this is player dependent, but for those who need it, the draw help is there and easy to dial in with the weights.
- LTDx and LTDx LS seemed to be neck and neck in terms of a spin profile, distance and forgiveness. The LTDx LS did spin lower on center strikes and ball speed kicked up a little more, but the LTDx held it's own. I think the big difference is going to be preferred shape at address and the spin profile the player is trying to fit into.
Biggest difference will be the MOI. The X is notably higher than the others. It very much has the opportunity to be a speed and forgiveness unicorn.

So far I've held off on pre-ordering the X. Trying to make myself do a fitting against all the other new offerings. But its hard. Personally for me I'd go Blue without question. 1) I love Blue, and 2) I much prefer glossy

Biggest difference will be the MOI. The X is notably higher than the others. It very much has the opportunity to be a speed and forgiveness unicorn.

I actually played the zero CG 4600 MOI original King LTD for two years and found it forgiving enough so I can't wait to get my hands on the LTDx with it's 5200 MOI. It's an exciting year for equipment and especially new release drivers.

Nonsense its all about low spin on the internet! ;)

Back