Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I just love these fairways. Anyone got questions about them or their performance?

I just love these fairways. Anyone got questions about them or their performance?
yep, how to I make good contact with them ? :ROFLMAO: ? :ROFLMAO: ?

Jokes aside, what is your opinion/experience been with the rails? Do they help much with set-up in your opinion or really just on strike getting through the turf?

Jokes aside, what is your opinion/experience been with the rails? Do they help much with set-up in your opinion or really just on strike getting through the turf?
I have no idea what the rails are supposed to do but I can tell you I hit this club so much better than any other 3w I have had previously. I also have not tried it off of anything other than a tee, fairway, or sandy range. The website says that the rails help with launch and speed. I agree on the launch, the 3w for me gets up and goes.

I grip pre address so I would not be the person to ask about them helping with setup.

As for performance I honestly thought I would not like them because they lift the bottom of the face off the ground a bit. I have always gotten on good with a V-Sole type design. I hit the Cobra's just as well as any other FW I have ever used and they are more playable than others due to their spin and launch profile.

I guess good or bad it would be hard for me to pin any of the performance charecteristics I am observing to the rails. I haven't chunked these woods yet so maybe they help keep that from happening.

I have no idea what the rails are supposed to do but I can tell you I hit this club so much better than any other 3w I have had previously. I also have not tried it off of anything other than a tee, fairway, or sandy range. The website says that the rails help with launch and speed. I agree on the launch, the 3w for me gets up and goes.
That's a really good point. Setting aside my personal issues with fairways at the moment, (golf is hard), when I do sort out my swing these do launch higher than my old fairway wood.

My miss with fairways is typically heavy. A few times I’ve noticed the rails bailing me out. Obviously it can’t be a super steep angle but they do help

Just played a round this morning and the fairways shined today. Hit 3w mainly off the tee and hit every single fairway with some really good distance. Hit one out of the fairway on a par 5 and it spun up like crazy. Still trying to figure that part out. Sometimes is spins up and others its a beautiful ball flight, could be the ball. The Tour 5w was only hit once but it was a beauty of an approach from 230 out that put me greenside pin high for a look at eagle. I am really enjoying that club.

As far as looks and sound go I think the fairways are fantastic, with one exception. I don't love the infinity face on the 3w. I don't like the way it looks at all BUT if performance is there and it appears to be I can deal with it.

I have the Radspeed Big Tour 3wood. It’s great off the tee when needed. Works well out of the first cut also.

Just played a round this morning and the fairways shined today. Hit 3w mainly off the tee and hit every single fairway with some really good distance. Hit one out of the fairway on a par 5 and it spun up like crazy. Still trying to figure that part out. Sometimes is spins up and others its a beautiful ball flight, could be the ball. The Tour 5w was only hit once but it was a beauty of an approach from 230 out that put me greenside pin high for a look at eagle. I am really enjoying that club.

As far as looks and sound go I think the fairways are fantastic, with one exception. I don't love the infinity face on the 3w. I don't like the way it looks at all BUT if performance is there and it appears to be I can deal with it.
I agree the black with the peacoat clashes a little. I remember liking the matte black with the infinity face but not sure which combo that was. Good thing I just close my eyes and swing hard. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agree the black with the peacoat clashes a little. I remember liking the matte black with the infinity face but not sure which combo that was. Good thing I just close my eyes and swing hard. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It just looks odd for some reason I want to think the face is closed. Either the way though the performance is there. I'm paired up with a 70g RDX Blue and with the right ball this thing is pretty damn good.

It just looks odd for some reason I want to think the face is closed. Either the way though the performance is there. I'm paired up with a 70g RDX Blue and with the right ball this thing is pretty damn good.
Very much agree with the RDX blue shaft option. Thought about buying Radspeed driver in marketplace just to see how good the blue works with it.

I LOVE mine! My 3w out hits my old 3w by a lot, my 5w has awesome ball flight. Pierces the air then baloons up and comes straight down. The hybrid is very consistent for me.

That's a very similar set up to me, but I'm in the 60g shaft. I genuinely cannot fault these at all, the 5w is perfect for those long approaches into par 5s, and the 7w does exactly what it says on the tin. And the 3w off the tee? Holy smoked drives Batman!

I grip pre address so I would not be the person to ask about them helping with setup.

As for performance I honestly thought I would not like them because they lift the bottom of the face off the ground a bit. I have always gotten on good with a V-Sole type design. I hit the Cobra's just as well as any other FW I have ever used and they are more playable than others due to their spin and launch profile.

I guess good or bad it would be hard for me to pin any of the performance charecteristics I am observing to the rails. I haven't chunked these woods yet so maybe they help keep that from happening.
I'd agree here completely. If I'm honest I don't really notice the rails at all, they certainly don't affect the performance in a negative way at all from the fairway. Whether they help on slightly poor strikes I'm not sure, but certainly I have zero issues elevating from off the deck.

The way I hit 3w the other day I'm seriously contemplating leaving driver at home tonight just for an experiment. As far as rails go they definitely don't hurt, in fact when swinging other fairways that don't have them I kind of miss them to be honest.

The way I hit 3w the other day I'm seriously contemplating leaving driver at home tonight just for an experiment. As far as rails go they definitely don't hurt, in fact when swinging other fairways that don't have them I kind of miss them to be honest.

Finally received my Big Tour this week and completely onboard with leaving driver at home. 5/6 shots today during first round were striped. Rdx blue in the Big Tour is a golden combo for me! 🔥

The RDX shaft at 70g might just be the ticket for me to unlock all the RadSpeed fairway goodness I’ve been reading on this thread. Only one shot in today’s scramble with it, but 235 off the deck, staying on line, can play for me. I think the next league night the driver is going to stay at home so I can really work it out now that the confidence is growing.

The tour 5w is 🔥🔥 and has quickly become one of my favorite clubs to hit from the fairway. The 3w shined as well again tonight but definitely spins up on me a bit at times. At 14.5* I'm not sure I love that. If I'm using it exclusively off the fairway its fine but off the tee I don't want to see that.

The tour 5w is 🔥🔥 and has quickly become one of my favorite clubs to hit from the fairway. The 3w shined as well again tonight but definitely spins up on me a bit at times. At 14.5* I'm not sure I love that. If I'm using it exclusively off the fairway its fine but off the tee I don't want to see that.
What is the difference between the tour and the regular 5 wood for you?

What is the difference between the tour and the regular 5 wood for you?
I don’t have a regular 5w but the the tour has weight forward for lower spin and a bit smaller head.

For those that have the Big Tour, what are the trade offs you're seeing compared to your driver?

I have a Sim set at 12.5 because I struggle with getting the ball in the air. I've seriously contemplated getting this and turning it down to 13 for strictly a tee club.

I agree on the Tour 5W. Its a rocket from fairway and tee. I have to swing it completely different but it really is paying off. The 7 wood goes almost as high as it goes far. Doing it over, I likely would have traded it or the 4H for a driving iron. They both have different uses but kinda overlap unless I really get after the 7 wood.

For those that have the Big Tour, what are the trade offs you're seeing compared to your driver?

I have a Sim set at 12.5 because I struggle with getting the ball in the air. I've seriously contemplated getting this and turning it down to 13 for strictly a tee club.

From when I tested it, I would have been completely happy to use the Big Tour instead of the driver. I ended up not picking it for the Morgan Cup as when my driver goes awry I fall back into hybrid/4 iron territory, but if you told me that was my main driver I wouldn’t have been too concerned.
I think @jdtox recently played a round exclusively using the big tour off the tee and had good success.

Last edited:
From when I tested it, I would have been completely happy to use the Big Tour instead of the driver. I ended up not picking it for the Morgan Cup as when my driver goes awry I could back into hybrid/4 iron territory, but if you told me that was my main driver I wouldn’t have been too concerned.
I think @jdtox recently played a round exclusively using the big tour off the tee and had good success.
Nope I do not have the big tour just the regular 3w. I have found some good success with it though.

I hit the Radspeed One Length 4H the other day at a fitting and wow, great feeling club off the face. Felt smooth like a knife through butter and I was getting great distance (for me as a 20 handicap). That was in the stock UST Recoil 480 shaft in stiff.

I liked it so much I instantly ordered the 3H to go with the set of Radspeed One Lengths I'd just bought!

Making me think about getting a Cobra driver now :eek:

Back