Could You Hate Iron Covers Less?

Interesting note about a number of those covers shown using company logos. Many of them are doing so without logo consent.

I figured as much, but didn't want to say anything because I had no way to be certain. How do you know that?

Is it not worth the time for the major manufacturers to go after them?

Gotta be something like that, but I'd think if you didn't defend your logo/patent/copyright against one infringement, that'd leave it open to further infringements and leave you with no recourse. That must not be the case.

I actually wondered about that. Is it not worth the time for the major manufacturers to go after them? I know some actually offer them but many do not.

They do and then name change, boom, pop up with more.

They do and then name change, boom, pop up with more.
That makes sense.. And now I feel dirty as I assume the ones on my irons are not properly licensed.. :dohanim:

That makes sense.. And now I feel dirty as I assume the ones on my irons are not properly licensed.. :dohanim:

Simple. Ask the company. We have seen multiple show up at THP Experiences and the company say "We dont care, but just so you know, those are not licensed by us". Heck, I remember it from @tequila4kapp which was kind of funny.

No, no way. Can't abide. There is a reason to protect the woods, hybrids and putters and adding some customization is fun since they need a cover anyway, but irons do not need a cover and adding customization to something unneeded would just be too over the top IMO. The whole bag would be screaming "look at me".

No, no way. Can't abide. There is a reason to protect the woods, hybrids and putters and adding some customization is fun since they need a cover anyway, but irons do not need a cover and adding customization to something unneeded would just be too over the top IMO. The whole bag would be screaming "look at me".
Why do woods, hybrids, and putters "need" protection and the irons don't?

Why do woods, hybrids, and putters "need" protection and the irons don't?
The woods and putters have more value each and have finishes that are easily scratched that diminishes their value. Bag chatter could damage the finish of these, but bag chatter does not hurt the value of an iron. Once again, my opinion.

Simple. Ask the company. We have seen multiple show up at THP Experiences and the company say "We dont care, but just so you know, those are not licensed by us". Heck, I remember it from @tequila4kapp which was kind of funny.
It has happened with me twice. Both times the iron covers were branded with their company logos/names. The company representative at the event - two different people, two different companies - made the same "those aren't ours" comment. I get that some / many people don't like them. But if some people will buy this product why wouldn't an OEM make that money themselves instead of letting a 3rd party pocket that income by using their brand?

It has happened with me twice. Both times the iron covers were branded with their company logos/names. The company representative at the event - two different people, two different companies - made the same "those aren't ours" comment. I get that some / many people don't like them. But if some people will buy this product why wouldn't an OEM make that money themselves instead of letting a 3rd party pocket that income by using their brand?

If I was a betting man, I would say they did make the product and still got pirated by cheap knockoffs and couldn't shut them down fast enough.

My guess would be that there isn't enough consumer interest to justify the costs of making them, maintaining stock, etc. Not that nobody uses iron covers, but they don't exactly seem to be a hot market item. More of a niche industry, IMO.

If I was a betting man, I would say they did make the product and still got pirated by cheap knockoffs and couldn't shut them down fast enough.
I think going forward if they aren't on the manufacturer's website I'll just order plain black covers. My logic when I got them was that if I covered them to protect them I still wanted to rep the Cobra pride. When I looked on the Cobra site I didn't see any so when I saw these I thought it was a cool way to still rep the brand. Now I realize this could have the opposite effect as it's non - licensed and not looked upon fondly by the brand.

The woods and putters have more value each and have finishes that are easily scratched that diminishes their value. Bag chatter could damage the finish of these, but bag chatter does not hurt the value of an iron. Once again, my opinion.
Gotcha. I guess I just think that everything has value worth protecting and I disagree that iron values aren't diminished by bag chatter, though that's obviously dependent on the buyer. You may not see a diminished value when buying irons with bag chatter, but I would.

Also, I think there are plenty of woods and putters with less value than some single irons.

I think going forward if they aren't on the manufacturer's website I'll just order plain black covers. My logic when I got them was that if I covered them to protect them I still wanted to rep the Cobra pride. When I looked on the Cobra site I didn't see any so when I saw these I thought it was a cool way to still rep the brand. Now I realize this could have the opposite effect as it's non - licensed and not looked upon fondly by the brand.
Bringing this back to the original OP... I care about protecting the clubs so I'd probably use them anyway but that branding is part of what makes them 'cool' or whatever. It is an added element that pushes me over the top and gets me to affirmatively want to have the iron covers. I do think other design options could entice consumers to jump in the water. Heck, I can just about guarantee a product with cool Tiger branding would sell.

Bringing this back to the original OP... I care about protecting the clubs so I'd probably use them anyway but that branding is part of what makes them 'cool' or whatever. It is an added element that pushes me over the top and gets me to affirmatively want to have the iron covers. I do think other design options could entice consumers to jump in the water. Heck, I can just about guarantee a product with cool Tiger branding would sell.
You know it! Just put that TW on it and it'd sell like hotcakes!

I don't think so. I mean .. maybe I could dislike them ... less? I'm not sure about that. Show me some badass iron covers and maybe we'll talk

I don't hate my iron covers, but I don't use them on the course because I don't see a benefit. I use them when I travel and that is about it. I used to use them when I walked to keep the chatter down, but stopped messing with that.

I don't think so. I mean .. maybe I could dislike them ... less? I'm not sure about that. Show me some badass iron covers and maybe we'll talk

@JB you guys have produced some really awesome THP designs. Any chance of a pre-order for some custom THP iron headcovers or would that break the website (and @jdtox)? 🤣🤣

@JB you guys have produced some really awesome THP designs. Any chance of a pre-order for some custom THP iron headcovers or would that break the website (and @jdtox)? 🤣🤣

There is literally zero chance of that happening : )

But what if the pre-order had a thousand people on it.. Would it change your mind @JB? 🤣

Translation: Not only can I not hate iron covers less, I wouldn't dare put my company logo on the damn things.

Translation: Not only can I not hate iron covers less, I wouldn't dare put my company logo on the damn things.

Im not as hatred on them as most are.

I can say though that tomorrow's episode of Off Course that will drop with @Canadan and @HipCheck should have both of them using them.

Back