Could You Hate Iron Covers Less?

The segment on Off Course tomorrow is good

the funny part is that I am not that concerned with iron covers.

I remember a forum member back in the day who had them on some TaylorMade MB/MC style heads and they were absolutely pristine after a couple years. Still mad I didn't buy them from him haha

the funny part is that I am not that concerned with iron covers.

I remember a forum member back in the day who had them on some TaylorMade MB/MC style heads and they were absolutely pristine after a couple years. Still mad I didn't buy them from him haha

That's precisely why I think it's short-sighted to think bag chatter doesn't affect the value of irons.

They just seem like overkill.

I don’t think there’d be much of a splash if the iron covers were made to be less bland. I actually prefer my covers oversized in plain black. Easy on/off and keeps my irons fresh. Something like that with a small logo? Maybe. But then I’d need a new set if I changed brands.

I don’t think there’d be much of a splash if the iron covers were made to be less bland. I actually prefer my covers oversized in plain black. Easy on/off and keeps my irons fresh. Something like that with a small logo? Maybe. But then I’d need a new set if I changed brands.
As seldom as I change irons, I'd wear the headcovers out long before that happened! Played my last set of irons for ten years.

It's all a stigma. I honestly have a set of iron covers, and used to have them for each round. They have a Velcro clasp so they don't come off when properly attached, kept bag chatter to a minimum (particularly when walking), and the iron soles, cavities, and graphite shafts of my woods remained in pristine condition.

I even had implementing them down to a science: pull out the club that I'd use, remove cover, place cover in the slot where the club was, hit shot, cover on, iron in it's spot.

I honestly stopped using them because I was tired of getting :poop: from my friends.

I honestly stopped using them because I was tired of getting :poop: from my friends.
Eh, just give it right back. You've already proven it's not a hindrance to the game, which we all knew. Just go with it.

As seldom as I change irons, I'd wear the headcovers out long before that happened! Played my last set of irons for ten years.

I change clubs too often. Still trying to buy my game.

Bringing this back to the original OP... I care about protecting the clubs so I'd probably use them anyway but that branding is part of what makes them 'cool' or whatever. It is an added element that pushes me over the top and gets me to affirmatively want to have the iron covers. I do think other design options could entice consumers to jump in the water. Heck, I can just about guarantee a product with cool Tiger branding would sell.
Did you just use the word cool while talking about iron covers. Oh boy Frank.

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
I do dispair (hate is a pretty strong word) at all the seemingly endless number of threads on this site and others about should one use or not use headcovers.

Or why some are so negative about them or some apparently are so insecure about using them (the "should I use iron headcovers?") threads.

It's a headcover. Some people like to wear a hat. Some don't. Some like to cover their irons. Some don't. As long as the user doesn't impede pace of play, no one need give a rat's behind. Personal choice.

I do dispair (hate is a pretty strong word) at all the seemingly endless number of threads on this site and others about should one use or not use headcovers.
with nearly 7 million posts I am sure some of the topics can be of interest so you don’t need to click on these 😃

As long as the user doesn't impede pace of play, no one need give a rat's behind. Personal choice.

What a coincidence... that's "my spin on it", too. :cool:

with nearly 7 million posts I am sure some of the topics can be of interest so you don’t need to click on these 😃
Hear ya. it was more of a "why are there so many" iron cover threads [I know you started this one, with a twist on the usual theme,] and the strong feelings one way or another.

Or why some are so negative about them or some apparently are so insecure about using them (the "should I use iron headcovers?") threads.

It's a headcover. Some people like to wear a hat. Some don't. Some like to cover their irons. Some don't. As long as the user doesn't impede pace of play, no one need give a rat's behind. Personal choice.
Here's my question back...

We've got thousands of threads on this site that are actively available to create discussion in. Almost all of them, short of the locked threads (there aren't many), provide an opportunity to have an opinion and create some form of debate.

Isn't that the entire point of a forum? To create discussions/debates out of everything?

Why is it a bad thing? Don't like the topic or don't care? Click on one of the hundreds of other threads that are active every day here and jump in.

Isn't that the entire point of a forum? To create discussions/debates out of everything?

Yes, and it's a beautiful thing when it works as designed.

I just want to know how many signatures I need on my petition for the THP headcover idea go from 0% to 5% @JB..

I just want to know how many signatures I need on my petition for the THP headcover idea go from 0% to 5% @JB..
I'm gonna guess you could get a signature from everyone, but if the money ain't there, it ain't gonna happen.

Who is gonna start the “Could we love iron covers more?” thread? Need the Yin for this Yang.

Back