Could you play a mixed set of wedges (brands)?

I do currently. It's all about gapping for me which in my current setup is fine.
Distance gaps are king! Love it.

But why force that if in the other lofts the vokey’s fit best?
well loft is pretty simple to adjust and should be checked and modified multiple times a year anyways. Seems easier to me

Practice a lot, and as long as you are happy with either wedge, all is fine

well loft is pretty simple to adjust and should be checked and modified multiple times a year anyways. Seems easier to me
Huh? What does that have to do with it?

Wedges are WAY more than just lofts.

I think for some it is.
Loft is easy to adjust in a driver too, but I always try lots of them.

It’s also not the only thing at play for me with wedges. I want weight placement ideal for what i’m trying to do with the shots. face closure matters for me. Sole radius matters. Consistency matters. For some it’s just another iron and swing away, but i’m just not that type of golfer.

I could no problem. Comes down to performance. But I do like your idea .... full face wedge, easy to do flop shots & the full face would help tremendously 👍

Huh? What does that have to do with it?

Wedges are WAY more than just lofts.
you said: "why force that in the other lofts" .......................

Yes, meaning the other wedges, so 50 and 54 for me, or GW and SW for most people…

I could no problem. Comes down to performance. But I do like your idea .... full face wedge, easy to do flop shots & the full face would help tremendously 👍
Right? I looooooooove that in the LW, so why am I not doing it? Hahaha

I get what you are saying which is if Brand a doesn’t have something but brand b does just go with brand b. I think on the surface that’s fair.

For the lunatic fringe like me, it’s a different measure.

but i’ll ask, you have 14 shafts in your bag. Are they all the same brand? The obvious answer is no, although you certainly could and be fit for the entire bag, right?

Right? I looooooooove that in the LW, so why am I not doing it? Hahaha
Exactly ... what are you waiting for? If it doesn't work out, you can always go back. Call it a test or review 👍

Exactly ... what are you waiting for? If it doesn't work out, you can always go back. Call it a test or review 👍
Logic scares me when it comes to golf clubs hahahaha!

Could you play a mixed wedge setup brand wise, or no?

I’m pondering going SM10 50/54 and the Full Face 2 58, but my brain is fighting me…
Yes. My A wedge is my Apex set wedge. My SW is a Cobra Snakebite, and my LW is a Cleveland Zipcore.

I have 4 wedges in the bag at the moment and no reason they couldn’t all be different

I get what you are saying which is if Brand a doesn’t have something but brand b does just go with brand b. I think on the surface that’s fair.

For the lunatic fringe like me, it’s a different measure.

but i’ll ask, you have 14 shafts in your bag. Are they all the same brand? The obvious answer is no, although you certainly could and be fit for the entire bag, right?
(y)yup thats what im sayin'.

I was fit for all of the same wood shafts. Ventus TR Blue.
I was fit for all of the same iron shafts KBS CTaper lite - they gave me the option for wedges. I told them whatever was easiest lol. So, the wedges have wedge shafts. However.....the last 3 sets of irons / wedges ive played had matching wedge shafts to irons. KBS CTAPER Lites

Im a VERY VERY feelsy type of player. Been told i can and do usually over manipulate my hands and swing to adjust accordingly. Heard that in several different fittings from different people. So, for me....as long as i like the looks and it feels the same to me in my hands every time and at address, the rest is kind of supposed to fall in place for me. (rarely that easy)

and to clarify.....im not for or against it in either way for everyone else.. If someone can live with the look and feel being totally differrent in scoring clubs....and it works for them, AWESOME!

I like consistency and knowing exactly what to expect from a wedge that is 52/56/60 inside of the same oem. Manipulating the club to perform a specific shot shape, height etc. One club shouldnt be for one specific shot shape. Inside of that club are a plethora of different things that can be done. But im a feel player and thats what makes sense to me. i overcomplicate things :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sure, if they worked for me.

XXIO AW
Callaway 52/10S and 58/8Z
Vokey 54/10S
Ping 58/6TS

Five wedges and four brands! Four different shafts. The Ping and AW have my full swing iron shaft.
I have fourteen different wedges and these are the ones that work best for current course conditions, which are unusually wet.
If I had nice fluffy sand the Vokey may be replaced by a high bounce SW.

Yes.
Edison 51 degree
Edel 56 wedge
Cleveland 60 wedge

(y)yup thats what im sayin'.

I was fit for all of the same wood shafts. Ventus TR Blue.
I was fit for all of the same iron shafts KBS CTaper lite - they gave me the option for wedges. I told them whatever was easiest lol. So, the wedges have wedge shafts. However.....the last 3 sets of irons / wedges ive played had matching wedge shafts to irons. KBS CTAPER Lites

Im a VERY VERY feelsy type of player. Been told i can and do usually over manipulate my hands and swing to adjust accordingly. Heard that in several different fittings from different people. So, for me....as long as i like the looks and it feels the same to me in my hands every time and at address, the rest is kind of supposed to fall in place for me. (rarely that easy)

and to clarify.....im not for or against it in either way for everyone else.. If someone can live with the look and feel being totally differrent in scoring clubs....and it works for them, AWESOME!

I like consistency and knowing exactly what to expect from a wedge that is 52/56/60 inside of the same oem. Manipulating the club to perform a specific shot shape, height etc. One club shouldnt be for one specific shot shape. Inside of that club are a plethora of different things that can be done. But im a feel player and thats what makes sense to me. i overcomplicate things :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That isn’t what i ask though haha. You could have the same brand of shafts throughout the entire bag. You don’t because you found something or things that worked well. It’s really no different.

Could everybody do it? Of course. But I would ask why just as much as I would ask why not?

Or as an example. You recently started a thread to buy a Scotty Cameron putter. Why wouldn’t you want your putter to match your other clubs? I’m asking genuinely.

That isn’t what i ask though haha. You could have the same brand of shafts throughout the entire bag. You don’t because you found something or things that worked well. It’s really no different.

Could everybody do it? Of course. But I would ask why just as much as I would ask why not?

Or as an example. You recently started a thread to buy a Scotty Cameron putter. Why wouldn’t you want your putter to match your other clubs? I’m asking genuinely.
makes sense.

Its not a good answer about the putter. But it is the answer nonetheless. My stroke completely changed. For the last 20yrs I have been a face balanced putter guy. Thats what my stroke needed. It totally changed inside of this last year. hahaha. I now have a moderate gate and flow to my stroke. Every single putter i own is a face balanced putter and mallet. A Scotty, a couple of Odyssey's, A Toulon...its insane. So, my thought was to look at who does plumber necks really well. Scotty, Bettinardi......someone mentioned Toulon in the thread, Odyssey of course. I know i like milled more than inserts regardless of stroke. That eliminates a ton of options off of the bat.

And so for me.....putter should be what fits your stroke the best and inside of that.....what you like the most regardless of OEM. its the one club in the bag that you use exclusively for the exact same shot and shape of shot every single time. (noone should be trying to draw or fade it when putting) hahaha. 🤷‍♂️

Back