Could You Take The Challenge?

Equipment is fun...and the hope that comes with new equipment is even funner. I don't know if I would want to make it a whole year, but I could probably do it if I had to.

Could You Take The Challenge?

Yes. I could do it. I played the same set all of last year. Until last week, lol. I plan on playing every one of my Grandaddy clubs for a complete season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes not a problem, I don't change that often. If I were to have an issue it would be with driver. That is the one club I change the most

I am pretty confident in my ability to do this.

Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?

I would be able to make it MULTIPLE years!

I said I could do it in a heart beat and I THINK I could. I've changed a lot over the last couple of years but I'm positive I could game the same set for a year if not longer. The clubs never stop working, only the swing.

Absolutely I could. If they're fit for me, I would want no reason to change.

I could make it! ...Although my wife might not believe it :)

I could easily do it.

Absolutley , I am in no way a club ho' and have really changed my bag only a couple times in very many years.

I could and am about to do just that...aside from my driver which was gifted (thank you). I could honestly go back to that big dog gamer without question though. I really don't see me changing out my bag anytime soon either. When you find something that just inspires confidence it's just easy to stick. Not saying that shots come out as I intend...because I'm no where close to even consider that an option. I think that way, but it doesn't turn out that way. The combo's I've found work when I work and that's the best I could hope for.

If I had the means or availability...sure I would grab the latest and greatest to try and if it inspired better mental aspects, I could be persuaded.

However....I do not believe that if one was offered the latest and greatest and hand pick everything from the grip, shaft, component that it would stick. It takes time, trial and error, and a lot of luck to get that grin every time from one set. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's the best for you...then again...ah man I can't make up my mind...lol.

Edit: Forgot about the putter change...but that had been in the bag for 1.5 years. So still Yes...maybe.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I played my last set of irons for 16 years...lol

In years past, I'd say 100% no. I love equipment aspect of the the game too much.

However this year I made it the entire season without changing anything but drivers. Just didn't have time to tinker and experiment.

Once I find what I like, the temptation to change is greatly diminished. Heck, I played the same Eye 2+ irons for 15 years.

No problem at all, I rarely switch clubs.

Pre THP: I gamed the same set of Cobra's for 10 years.

Post THP: In the last 3 years I've purchased 5 sets. To be fair (excuse) my CB Proh's were purchased because my wife decided she liked my C100's and I needed something to use during our rounds. :angel:

So to answer your question; Once I go through a complete fitting (retirement present to myself) I plan on keeping that setup for a long time. Until then I will probably tinker.

Heck yes! I am getting to the point where I am trying to focus more on sticking with the same equipment. I love shiny new things but if given the chance I would stay with the same bag for a season or longer easily.

Easily......Not one doubt in my mind. Before THP I had the same set of irons for over 10 years. Now I've
had the same set of irons for 2. I keep my stuff for the long haul usually.....

Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?

Yes. Without question.

If I could pick the clubs myself, I could definitely make it an entire year without switching.

Sure!! I never could understand buying new clubs all the time anyway. We all need to understand that it's not the clubs that suck it's us, the person on the end of the clubs.

I think if I were to be fitted and got to pick the style, etc then yeah. I love to tinker, but I have never been fitted for any of my clubs and to know that a set was built for what I need I would have a hard time switching.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

I believe that I could pull this off. I did change my irons out this year, but I kept the last set in play for roughly 15 months. If I were to have been fit into every club in the bag, yes I could game the entire bag for a year and then some.

No doubt about it.

Back