Courses opening up tomorrow.

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Strange weather we are having right now, mid 50's & gorgeous. Pretty much all the snow is gone & a few courses are opening up tomorrow. Closest one to my work is one of them, won't play tomorrow but looking at tuesday & may leave at noon:D

Bag is loaded in my vehicle along with the cart, shoes, blah blah blah. Pulled the AP1's out of the bag & put the Clevelands back in since they are more forgiving & I will definitely need that for the first month or so.

Sounds good Dyna. I always love that first time out at the beginning of the season.

I was practicing with my gap wedge at work today.......wasn't all that busy & we have a HUGE field next door. First time swing a club since november & it went pretty well. I carry a small cooler with found balls & I obviously don't care if they get lost again. Hope I can hit driver half as well as I did this club.

Go get'em Dyna, I hope to get there Thursday, time will tell.

Play 36

Play 36

Dyna -- If you are up for it, start early and keep on going! I am happy for all you snowbound folks who are finally able to play the game they love :D

Dyna -- If you are up for it, start early and keep on going! I am happy for all you snowbound folks who are finally able to play the game they love :D

One of the courses claims they opened up last year on march 14th & I was having a hell of time thinking of what the weather was like until remembered what was going in my life then. Had that little hiccup known as heart surgery last year, that's why march & april are kinda blurry:bulgy-eyes:

I hope Mother Nature cooperates and you are able to play! I'm sure it will feel strange...but enjoy and afterwards have a brat and a Point beer and revel in the merriment of a round well played. :)

Supposed to be in the upper 50's thursday and friday in Chicagoland. I live in the SW burbs and the weather difference between the SW side and the NW side can be major. Too cold in Wisconsin for me this week.

There are some links courses that have been open for a few weeks here. Going out this Thursday. It will be wet and a bit chilly. I will not be in 100% form. The balls will fly less far because of the temps, but I'll have fun!

Good luck out there. The courses by me opened last week but the rainy weather and misc. other work kept me away. I'm hoping to get out sometime this week since it should be dry till the weekend again.

Good luck out there. The courses by me opened last week but the rainy weather and misc. other work kept me away. I'm hoping to get out sometime this week since it should be dry till the weekend again.
Shouldn't you change the putter in your signature? :)

I just drove by one of the courses I play and there are trees down everywhere. It's a muni and the town is so busy clearing roads that I imagine it will be a while before they get to clearing the course.

I just drove by one of the courses I play and there are trees down everywhere. It's a muni and the town is so busy clearing roads that I imagine it will be a while before they get to clearing the course.

I was going to ask you if you were getting some of the flooding they are having issues with out east?

I was going to ask you if you were getting some of the flooding they are having issues with out east?

Yes, it's crazy here. The roads are like obstacles courses and there's flooding - both rivers and LI Sound.

Yes, it's crazy here. The roads are like obstacles courses and there's flooding - both rivers and LI Sound.
It's very wet here too. I'm getting ready to build an ark. I hope it doesn't take too long for the courses to dry out.

So how long before you think you will be able to get on a course?

So how long before you think you will be able to get on a course?

We have a tee time on Saturday, but the course is an hour north where the storm wasn't as bad.

Enjoy your golf tomorrow :clapp:

forecast is for 51 and sunny ...
st patricks day opening ...
$19 green and cart ...

golf digest rated it the 47th toughest course in the USA ... thunder hill ... Madison, Ohio Golf Course - Thunder Hill Golf Club - Country Club Quality at a Public Price

they give you the nice and easy par 3 on the 16th hole to make sure you keep coming back after the slaughter on the first 15 holes ...

THE SEASON OPENS IN OHIO BABY !!!!

Thunderhill Tour

See that what looks like a railroad tie wall? Hit is just past that toward the white flag and you'll fine. :D

Kevin

Just got the email. My club opens Wednesday. Just the course. The range is a swamp.

Kevin

Walked 9 today & had a good time. This course always has massive drainage issues & in the springtime it's not uncommon for the course to literally be 2-3' under water. With the exception of the 8th fairway which is pretty much a grassy lake, the course was in decent shape & I was surprised how nice the greens were.

Couldn't swing my driver to save my life though & gave up on it after the 2nd hole. Hit every fairway after by using my 3w, have always loved that club. Only had 1 GIR & few 3 putts, still managed a 46 which while not great I was happy with for the 1st rd of the year.

Walked 9 today & had a good time. This course always has massive drainage issues & in the springtime it's not uncommon for the course to literally be 2-3' under water. With the exception of the 8th fairway which is pretty much a grassy lake, the course was in decent shape & I was surprised how nice the greens were.

Couldn't swing my driver to save my life though & gave up on it after the 2nd hole. Hit every fairway after by using my 3w, have always loved that club. Only had 1 GIR & few 3 putts, still managed a 46 which while not great I was happy with for the 1st rd of the year.

Good to hear, Dyna! :good:

See that what looks like a railroad tie wall? Hit is just past that toward the white flag and you'll fine. :D

Kevin

niiiiiiiiiice !!! you know it's a tricky hole ... it's a nice size green 35 yards deep but when they put the flag in the back and you go for it ... well ... maybe better to just aim center of green .... because if you go for it ... there's also water off the back ... i've hit shots there thinking i'm within a few feet only to get up there and not see my ball anywhere ... :blob:

Back