David Duval playing Bridgestone?

Great to see him sign on with a great company and to do so well today! Well, at least until that double bogey near the end...

Doubt it's the clubs. Don't really like/dislike Duval, but anyone signing him I think would be an unwise move. He needs to stick to one set of clubs and just fix his head. (or whatever the problem is)

Why? If some company could get him on the cheap, there could be great value there.

Agreed. I love knowing who plays stuff without getting paid for it.

Absolutely. I learned just yesterday that Snedeker games a Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood under his Bstone headcover.

Great to see him sign on with a great company and to do so well today! Well, at least until that double bogey near the end...

2 min. in the box for skimming.

Why? If some company could get him on the cheap, there could be great value there.

I don't it see it that way, but ultimately who knows?

Yah, if he finds his game, makes cuts, finishes top 10 consistently etc. investing in him now would be a wonderful value. But, I tend to see older golfers from the other side. They've been there and are on their way out. Many don't seem like they come back. Some flashes are seen here and there, but I don't see him being a big pull for any company that would invest in him.

I could picture DD with B-Stone or Cleveland gear, those just seem to "fit" him. BTW, how bad a$$ would it be to be able to walk up to any tour truck and say, "go ahead and make me up a set of irons 3-PW"?

I love the part about a "THP Insider" being at Bay Hill. We're like TMZ, we have insiders all over the place getting the scoop!

We got "golf-aratzi"..LOL

Why would DD playing Bridgestone clubs over Nike, TM, Mizuno, etc be a better fit for him over any of the others? At his level I think it is less about the equipment and more about the lack of talent now to compete at this level and win, get a top 10 or even make cuts lately for him. I have always been a DD fan, but doubt he will do much more then he has the last year or 2 on the PGA Tour, pretty much a cut line guy now.

Maybe DD is making the pitch the other way round....look Bridgestone, I've put a whole bag into play because I love you, please sign me now?

Why would DD playing Bridgestone clubs over Nike, TM, Mizuno, etc be a better fit for him over any of the others? At his level I think it is less about the equipment and more about the lack of talent now to compete at this level and win, get a top 10 or even make cuts lately for him. I have always been a DD fan, but doubt he will do much more then he has the last year or 2 on the PGA Tour, pretty much a cut line guy now.

I have to agree with this. I don't see how playing a different brand of clubs will help him at all. I think he needs to go back to skinny DD with the M-Frame Oakleys.

Last edited:
GC just showed DD warming up this morning, has the J40s in his bag again this morning.

When gc showed dd on the range and it looked like he was waering a Bridgestone glove.

Judging by the way he is playing, this bridgestone thing may not last too long.

I agree with bhilton. think DD will take anything he can get at this point. Love to see him make a come back. It would be a great story but at this point think DD is done..

DD is not on staff with Bridgestone, he put the gear in on his own accord.

Who else wants to see this guy rise out of the ashes??? He has dealt with a lot of adversity....

I am big DD fan, I'd love to see him become relavant again
Who else wants to see this guy rise out of the ashes??? He has dealt with a lot of adversity....

Back