David Duval playing Bridgestone?

I honestly don't know anything about Brigdestone signing him. I believe he's is a "free agent" and he might have just found some clubs he likes.

It's always interesting to see what players will play when they are not being paid. Neat to see what they think is best for their game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DD & DLIII are good buds. DD's long time caddy Jeff Weber is DLIII's current caddy.

My guess is Davis pulled the same stunt on Duval that Couples did on Love and switched out some gear for Bridgestone gear/balls during a friendly practice round or two.

Would be nice to see DD get back into form and especially with Bridgestone gear & balls.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, but great choice on his part!

THat is interesting, good for Bridgestone if they could get Duval, you combine J40's with some perky jerky and you spell major champion.

This cracks me up. Combine me and Perky Jerky and I won't be on the golf course, lol.

This is interesting becuase the Scratch Golf website still has a big picture of him on it.

A THP insider is at Bay Hill today and saw something interesting in David Duval's golf bag. He spotted lots of Bridgestone gear. From what he could see he noticed him wearing a Bridgestone glove, putting with a Bridgestone ball (he believes the B330), a Bridgestone J40 (he thinks CavityBack) Irons, and some Bridgestone J40 wedges (52 & 56). Interesting....

Jeez, who cares? He's done. He reminds me of Curtis Strange a few years after he won his second US Open. Going through the motions because if he makes cuts, he makes a good living. Soon it will be..........."David, what iron is Phil using for this approach?"

Jeez, who cares? He's done. He reminds me of Curtis Strange a few years after he won his second US Open. Going through the motions because if he makes cuts, he makes a good living. Soon it will be..........."David, what iron is Phil using for this approach?"

Why all the venom man? I care and I am glad that the people who are supposed to bring us news do, in fact, bring us news.

I honestly don't know anything about Brigdestone signing him. I believe he's is a "free agent" and he might have just found some clubs he likes.
That would be quite interesting. Being a "free agent" and filling the bag up with the J40 line and Bridgestone gear. Good for DD and Bridgestone!

Tell us how you really feel.

Unfortunately, I have not received a reply on FB yet. Hoping it's not just a joke like Mary mentioned.

Just saw DD hit one on Live@ coverage and the cavity definitely appeared to be the CB's with the triangle in the middle bottom.

Unfortunately, I have not received a reply on FB yet. Hoping it's not just a joke like Mary mentioned.

Perhaps the lack of a reply may tell you all you need to know. If a player isn't under contract with a company, the company is prohibited from using said player's name/likeness in their promotional activities. Bstone's Facebook page would fall under that category. I'm willing to bet if Bstone doesn't answer you, it is because they are aware DD put the equipment in play and they cannot say anything. Otherwise, if it were a joke/hoax I'm confident Bstone would have responded to your post to correct the misinformation.

Good point jd. Either way I'd love to see 2 things out of this. 1. DD start playing better golf and 2. That Bridgestone signs him when that happens.

So far he's playing pretty well right now.

Perhaps the lack of a reply may tell you all you need to know. If a player isn't under contract with a company, the company is prohibited from using said player's name/likeness in their promotional activities. Bstone's Facebook page would fall under that category. I'm willing to bet if Bstone doesn't answer you, it is because they are aware DD put the equipment in play and they cannot say anything. Otherwise, if it were a joke/hoax I'm confident Bstone would have responded to your post to correct the misinformation.

Thank you for the clarification JD!

Oohhhkkkaaayyyyy........

Thats good for him he needs to get his confidence back and start playing at the level he can play at and were used to seeing from him in the earler years...I think he is doing a Ryan Moore, and just seeing what clubs fit him now, you wont hear to much as if he is free agent you will just see the clubs in his bag if your paying attention, but dont be surprised if he starts rovcking the Bridgestonehats and gear, I am sure they might just be testing the waters right now

KBS does the same thing. They never mention the players names rocking their shafts in their FB, Twitter or blog posts. No one is under contract with them and they pay no one to endorse or use their product. Agreed the Bridgestone will probably not say anything until it is officially official.

And this was goofy.

This is cool. I like Duval. I like Bridgestone. Good pairing.

Just got this back from Bridgestone on Facebook: David Duval is not a Bridgestone staff member, but he has decided to put the J40s in play this week.

Just got this back from Bridgestone on Facebook: David Duval is not a Bridgestone staff member, but he has decided to put the J40s in play this week.

Hope the J40s work out for him.
Wonder what Scratch thinks about that?

In my mind,that's a better testament about a product than a paid rep.

Doubt it's the clubs. Don't really like/dislike Duval, but anyone signing him I think would be an unwise move. He needs to stick to one set of clubs and just fix his head. (or whatever the problem is)

In my mind,that's a better testament about a product than a paid rep.

Agreed. I love knowing who plays stuff without getting paid for it.

Back