Only when the noise in right in the middle of my swing. When I hear a noise, like a camera click or something in the middle of my swing, it throws me off.

Who is taking pics of you in the middle of your swing?

It use to bother me more than now. I remember playing in some scrambles with KellyBo and at times we were matched with another couple. Well of course the ladies are going to chat and back then, Kelly was not as focused on golf as she is now. I look back and it's comical how I let the small stuff get in my head but yep, it did bother me, but not so much any more. Some of the guys I play with talk as much or more and I just go ahead and hit right through it now. My mind muscle must have kicked up a gear :D

Who is taking pics of you in the middle of your swing?

In some tournaments, the tournament staff posts pics on the website for the tour. I hate it lol.

Also, when people talk right in the middle of your swing! I can swing when they are already talking, but for some reason when they talk when my swing is already in motion, I lose focus.

It use to bother me more than now. I remember playing in some scrambles with KellyBo and at times we were matched with another couple. Well of course the ladies are going to chat and back then, Kelly was not as focused on golf as she is now. I look back and it's comical how I let the small stuff get in my head but yep, it did bother me, but not so much any more. Some of the guys I play with talk as much or more and I just go ahead and hit right through it now. My mind muscle must have kicked up a gear :D

GRAY breaking out the guns! Mind over matter my friend. Unless the matter is some SNAKES!

If its noisy I can swing just fine, doesn't bother me in the least, but if its dead silent and then someones phone goes off it throws me off a little.

Its never bothered me , heck I have been known to even talk as I swing ......... LOL

It's the unexpected noise that bothers me. If someone is talking at the start of a swing its OK but if I am standing over a putt and someone makes noise It drives me NUTS. I think I have rabbit ears.

Hate noise. Absolutely can't standbit. Even when people are whispering behind you or something.

From the iPhone.

I'd rather people talk normally than to whisper. That's what bothers me. Or to be talking and then suddenly stop talking because they notice I am hitting.

I'd rather people talk normally than to whisper. That's what bothers me. Or to be talking and then suddenly stop talking because they notice I am hitting.

Ya I agree. Except I expect people to stop talking because I do for them.

From the iPhone.

First Post!

I really think it depends, some of my friends grew up playing golf so they are used to the "edict" of being quiet when someone is swinging or in their routine.
I like pellynch14 played college athletics (basketball) and only began playing golf 3 years ago. I am the same in that talking or whatever does not bother me because when I focus I can zone it out, I just think it something that you learn playing your given sport.

I do find it amusing when the pro's stare down someone for making a noise!

Welcome to THP, marsh! Head over to the Check-In Desk and introduce yourself.

Usually I hate when Stricker is walking during my swing and sometimes I hear Feherty talking during the beginning of my swing, that really bothers me. I often find myself stopping my swing mid way as well when a shadow of something like a bird flies by. Besides that I'm usually focused. People talking in the gallery hardly bugs me though.

Usually I hate when Stricker is walking during my swing and sometimes I hear Feherty talking during the beginning of my swing, that really bothers me. I often find myself stopping my swing mid way as well when a shadow of something like a bird flies by. Besides that I'm usually focused. People talking in the gallery hardly bugs me though.

Nice, Tiger. hehehe

Some of the guys I play with will b**** and moan because they hit a bad put or bad chip and blame on someone talking. My response every time is that if you could hear us talking then walk away from the shot. And it really makes me mad when someone tries to blame me or someone else and they are hitting out of turn. I know a few guys that will do that and I am like dude it was not even your turn to hit so hold your horses and that wont happen.

If its my buddies talking or something going on that i am already aware of it does not bother me at all. If i'm in any part of my swing and i hear something loud and unexpeted then yes it does bother me. One day last week i was teeing off and just as i started my downswing someone in the group behind me yelled and i pull hooked the ball straight into the woods. I had been driving the ball beautifully all day long and i had played that same ball all day too and then that and 2 strokes went down the drain all because someone behind me wanted to yell, :at-wits-end: verrrry frustrating.

Not bothered at all with a little noise. The ones that B&M about it have been watching too much tour golf on tv.

The courtesy is to be quiet while others play their shot. I appreciate it and I practice it. I play with strangers a lot so I try to avoid offending men I don't know.

Some of the guys I play with will b**** and moan because they hit a bad put or bad chip and blame on someone talking. My response every time is that if you could hear us talking then walk away from the shot. And it really makes me mad when someone tries to blame me or someone else and they are hitting out of turn. I know a few guys that will do that and I am like dude it was not even your turn to hit so hold your horses and that wont happen.

I played with a guy in Phoenix once (I was visiting my old roomate, and the guy was his little brother) who got ticked off because a lawn mower started up while he was swinging. There was no way for the guy to see that anyone was hittting! We all made fun of him for that.

In all seriousness I hate when my buddies say something funny before I am about to go swing. The most annoying thing is any yelling going around on the course. I am pretty sensitive to noise.

In all seriousness I hate when my buddies say something funny before I am about to go swing. The most annoying thing is any yelling going around on the course. I am pretty sensitive to noise.

Depends on the reason, IMO. Some yelling (excitement, not screaming) is justified. A hole in one, long putt made for a good score, etc.

Welcome to THP, marsh! Head over to the Check-In Desk and introduce yourself.

Sorry for being the new guy but where is the Check-In Desk?

Yeah that bothers me more too. Cause if I dont step away I am laughing in my head and who knows what will happen.

Back