Dummy accuses Bryson of loft jacking.

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The guy hitting 220mph ball speed in long drive. Yea, he's printing 9 on his 7 iron to impress everybody, you stupid idiot.

This guy tries to back up the point, but seems to miss the point amazingly (I do not claim to know the veracity of this chart btw). He's producing more ball speed with his 47 degree GW than the (according to Trackman) PGA Tour average 7 iron.

Oh my.
And not surprising with some of those handles :ROFLMAO:

Seems Keith and Peter should really take advantage of those CEU credits the PGA offers for their professionals. Maybe ask why they’re so strong etc. Couldn't possibly be because of launch windows and spins he likes in his clubs, and what has to be done to achieve that.

But what do I know, I’m kind of a dumb 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like when Bryson himself jokes about his loft jacked irons more than when other people do. Lol

I think he's a great example of all the sides of this nonsense and how people react. I mean I'm quite confident in 3 things directly related to this

1. I can hit Bryson's 9i a hell of a lot further than my more "traditionally" lofted (and length) one.

2. I can in no way swing a club as fast as him.

3. We play very different clubs because we're obviously two very different players with very different needs.

And the day that doesn't make sense to me someone needs to whack me in the head with a golf club. Again.

Man he hits a 9 iron that far. He must play 6 wedges.

• Staff
I like when Bryson himself jokes about his loft jacked irons more than when other people do. Lol

I think he's a great example of all the sides of this nonsense and how people react. I mean I'm quite confident in 3 things directly related to this

1. I can hit Bryson's 9i a hell of a lot further than my more "traditionally" lofted (and length) one.

2. I can in no way swing a club as fast as him.

3. We play very different clubs because we're obviously two very different players with very different needs.

And the day that doesn't make sense to me someone needs to whack me in the head with a golf club. Again.
Yea, I mean it's a well known fact he's adjusted his irons, but I hate the tone of that post. I hate the tail wagging replies even worse.

You wouldn't understand.
if understanding means I need to play a 35 degree 9 iron, count me out.

Oh wait....I did that with the Honma Beres Triple Star last fall.

Yea, I mean it's a well known fact he's adjusted his irons, but I hate the tone of that post. I hate the tail wagging replies even worse.

I hear ya. Here's maybe a fun one for ya -

I had an exchange with a couple golf people recently about some of this and one of them had a take that the guys asking/caring what loft someone's iron is are the same guys sneaking a peek next to you at a urinal, and I've been 😆'ing about it ever since. Because it comes up often, and once you tie those two thoughts together life gets pretty entertaining and hard not to laugh at.

Seriously. I'm borderline unprofessional about it all right now. 😂

actually looking at the list of clubs above he has room in his bag for 4 more wedges and a putter

Back in my day.....
clint eastwood kids GIF

I had an exchange with a couple golf people recently about some of this and one of them had a take that the guys asking/caring what loft someone's iron is are the same guys sneaking a peek next to you at a urinal, and I've been 😆'ing about it ever since.
this is probably the best analogy I’ve ever read on the Internet

It’s going to be impossible to not think about this every single time this comes up now

Here is how I see it.. He 100% is loft jacking.. But, he has a reason for it. I don't care what his reason is. he wants his clubs to have those lofts and those numbers. So, fine by me. Does he do it to impress people? I don't know. I could see that as Bryson is 100% a person that wants and feeds off attention. But I kinda doubt it honestly. I think this set up just give him the confidence to hit numbers. So again, fine by me.. Go get it Bryson!!

If I could get a ball as high as he does and stop it on the rare occasions I hit the green I’d most certainly play those lofts.

I’ll take a traditional 23-50 set of lofts all day with a minimal, clean, club head design.

I make toe fist contact with my irons so I lie jack 2 degrees

I wish Brysons lofts and irons was all that I had going on in my life to b*tch about. Skyfisters are amazing.

You know what is funny.. So lets just go off what was said that it is 6 iron length and 7 iron loft. That ball is still smoked!! lol.

You know what is funny.. So lets just go off what was said that it is 6 iron length and 7 iron loft. That ball is still smoked!! lol.
Right? Regardless, he knocks the sh*t out of the ball.

Mr. PGA Golf Professional should disect this one for us...

I love this post so much, and that you beat loft peepers to it, hahaha

I wish Brysons lofts and irons was all that I had going on in my life to b*tch about. Skyfisters are amazing.
They never cease to get angry at the world.

Here is how I see it.. He 100% is loft jacking.. But, he has a reason for it. I don't care what his reason is. he wants his clubs to have those lofts and those numbers. So, fine by me. Does he do it to impress people? I don't know. I could see that as Bryson is 100% a person that wants and feeds off attention. But I kinda doubt it honestly. I think this set up just give him the confidence to hit numbers. So again, fine by me.. Go get it Bryson!!
I've watched his YouTube videos where he discusses his lofts and why they are what they are. It's all about launch, peak height, and most importantly spin for him. He has such high clubhead speed that if he doesn't jack the lofts down he has WAY too much spin. With those lofts on the irons he hits the more "traditional" launch angles and spin rates for those iron numbers.

Back