Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely personal preference. The S3 is actually not too much bigger than the iphone, and it's definitely a lot thinner than the iPhone 4 so when it's in your pocket it's not noticeable at all.

Truth. I was a believer when I was checking your S3 out down in MB

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I'm with Canadan, I prefer the smaller screen phones. I still rock the original Droid Incredible because of the small form factor. I leave my work iphone 4 behind as much as possible because of the size / weight.

It's definitely personal preference. The S3 is actually not too much bigger than the iphone, and it's definitely a lot thinner than the iPhone 4 so when it's in your pocket it's not noticeable at all.

Interesting point.. I was thinking of that one new phone that is like a half tablet half phone and it's the size of a dang mailing envelope.

Everything is easier on a larger screen. If you dont think its better Id have to suggest trying one and then you'll see. Bigger everything means everything is easier to do. First time I tried out a 4" screen I found it very difficult to go back to the iPhones little screen.

My 'lease' is up for renewal on 4/30/2013 and I almost always try something new with Verizon's 30 day feature.. I'll probably go android to see if they've bumped up their battery life, and resort back to whatever new iPhone is out if it doesn't work out.. I'll just feel stupid in the store stuffing their demos into my pocket to see how big they are hhahaha!

Interesting point.. I was thinking of that one new phone that is like a half tablet half phone and it's the size of a dang mailing envelope.

My 'lease' is up for renewal on 4/30/2013 and I almost always try something new with Verizon's 30 day feature.. I'll probably go android to see if they've bumped up their battery life, and resort back to whatever new iPhone is out if it doesn't work out.. I'll just feel stupid in the store stuffing their demos into my pocket to see how big they are hhahaha!

lol, I did that with a Best Buy employees Galaxy Note because he told me I wouldn't notice it in my pocket like I thought I would. He was right. Even with a huge screen you don't notice them because of how thin they are.

lol, I did that with a Best Buy employees Galaxy Note because he told me I wouldn't notice it in my pocket like I thought I would. He was right. Even with a huge screen you don't notice them because of how thin they are.

Signs you are a golfer:

1 - you attempt to demo everything

I actually think I remember you telling that story.. What are you currently using?

Signs you are a golfer:

1 - you attempt to demo everything

I actually think I remember you telling that story.. What are you currently using?

Samsung Galaxy S3. But I still think the Galaxy Note is one of the coolest phones out. And the Galaxy Note II is going to be even bigger.

Samsung Galaxy S3. But I still think the Galaxy Note is one of the coolest phones out. And the Galaxy Note II is going to be even bigger.

I still want the note!

I do too. That thing is just awesome. Like awesome as in "Im huge and Im proud" awesome.

Plus, how often do people use their phones for calls anymore? Not as often as the flip days. So it is awesome in every way and takes a hit when you need to make a call. No big deal.

haha that was the phone I was referencing earlier.. That thing is huge!!!! I'm also horribly entertained by how many comparison pictures there are between that and the iPhone.. Oh google..

Spoiler
GalaxyNote_2.jpg

I'm in the other boat... I had an iphone - went to a droid x - wasn't a fan - back to iphone.

I'm in the other boat... I had an iphone - went to a droid x - wasn't a fan - back to iphone.

I currently have the Droid X and when it first came out it was awesome. After a few software releases, I hate this thing at times. Pretty frustrating to be needing to make a phone call and clicking on the dial button and watching it laugh for about 10 seconds before it finally makes the call. My other favorite is when the turn by turn locks up and the phone reboots. Great, lost and SOL for a good 5 minutes between reboot, SD card load, then retyping in the address. Hurry up Apple with the iPhone 5 release already.

I currently have the Droid X and when it first came out it was awesome. After a few software releases, I hate this thing at times. Pretty frustrating to be needing to make a phone call and clicking on the dial button and watching it laugh for about 10 seconds before it finally makes the call. My other favorite is when the turn by turn locks up and the phone reboots. Great, lost and SOL for a good 5 minutes between reboot, SD card load, then retyping in the address. Hurry up Apple with the iPhone 5 release already.

Funny how that works.. I had one of the original droids that absolutely could not handle the 2.0 upgrade.. The thing was nothing short of useless.

Alright, I found my first annoyance with the S3 and cant find a solution. It's minor though, maybe someone here can fix it cause I cant figure it out.

On previous Android phones, when you went in to the Call Settings, you could choose what screen the Phone app opened to. I cant find that and I open to the "dialer" screen every time, I want it to open to the "recents" screen. Anyone?

Alright, I found my first annoyance with the S3 and cant find a solution. It's minor though, maybe someone here can fix it cause I cant figure it out.

On previous Android phones, when you went in to the Call Settings, you could choose what screen the Phone app opened to. I cant find that and I open to the "dialer" screen every time, I want it to open to the "recents" screen. Anyone?

That's easy. ...Geek Squad!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Funny how that works.. I had one of the original droids that absolutely could not handle the 2.0 upgrade.. The thing was nothing short of useless.

Seriously. Oh a new software upgrade? No thanks, I like how fast my phone is working right now.

I want a nice camera. My Grandpa left his Canon Powershot S2IS over here and I was playing with it. Blows our crappy point and shoots over. Thing I better take my WITB with it as I never seem to get good quality with my own camera.

Interesting idea for those that want to upgrade to the upcoming new Iphone release but don't want to get screwed on selling their old Iphones: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...o-the-next-iphone-gazelle-has-a-deal-for-you/

In a nutshell, you agree to sell your current Iphone to Gazelle before August 31. However, you don't have to send your phone to them until October 1. Rumors point to the new Iphone being available on September 21, so you wouldn't have to be without a phone for a few days.

This reminds me, I need to sell my iPhone 4S...

This reminds me, I need to sell my iPhone 4S...

Ask Siri where you can sell her and see what she says

Ask Siri where you can sell her and see what she says

She told me "on the corner of Kuhio and Lewers"... Just sayin' :D

Tapping till 12-21-2012

LEAKED: Official Apple iPhone 5 Promo Video - Keynote 2012

LEAKED: Official Apple iPhone 5 Promo Video - Keynote 2012

Oh that's funny right there. I actually think the food thing is pretty true.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks KMac for his assistance with keyboard help today.
Also, how effin cool is face recognize? I love that feature.

Thanks KMac for his assistance with keyboard help today.
Also, how effin cool is face recognize? I love that feature.

What keyboard did you end up going with? And face recognize is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back