Electronics Pondering

I keep pondering the new iPhone. Then I see the price and realize I still love my X.

My Jabra’s do all of that. I get it, I am typing this on my iPad, next to me is my iPhone and next to that is my MacBook and iMac. (I refuse to type Pro anymore, because none of these are Pro Devices haha). Once I paired with each one, which took a second, switching is seamless.

I completely understand the logic of staying inside the “universe”, but to me expansion of other brands that work well inside it, opens up the doors to high quality and differing prices.

I ended up buying a set of these. I was looking for the AirPod pros. Couldnt find them anywhere. These are freaking fantastic. Great recommendation @JB !!

@GolferGal and I both really like them.
They blow my Bose out of the water as far as ease of use and General usefulness. Sound quality is pretty great too.

They blow my Bose out of the water as far as ease of use and General usefulness. Sound quality is pretty great too.

I think they sound better than the AirPod Pros. I also think they are just smaller in most ways so they work for me. The case is fantastic too.

I think they sound better than the AirPod Pros. I also think they are just smaller in most ways so they work for me. The case is fantastic too.
Yeah. I like the size a lot. I’m about 90% sure I could wear my motorcycle helmet over them. Which is an odd one, but it’s a potential use case for me.

After trying the AirPods, I went with the Jabra Elite 75t that just came out and could not be happier. $70-$80 less, just as high quality, fit perfectly, designated app, works with iOS and Alexa incredibly well and have no switching necessary. All I do is take them out of the case and sound immediately goes there, just like the AirPod Pros. I also think the sound and call quality is just as good if not better.

The only difference is Active Noise Cancelation, which I already have in my over ears, but genuinely after trying both, Active vs Isolation because of the good seal, I couldn't tell much difference. I use pass through most of the time, which both have and sound identical.

I'm actually glad I just saw this old chain here because I am in the market after my current ones are fading in the battery life. I'm between the Jabra75t, Powerbeats Pro, and the dreaded airpods pro.

I'm actually glad I just saw this old chain here because I am in the market after my current ones are fading in the battery life. I'm between the Jabra75t, Powerbeats Pro, and the dreaded airpods pro.

Those were the three we were trying to decide between too before we ultimately went with the 75t.

I'd try them all if I were you if possible. I've been using my airpod pros since they came out as my headset every day at work, and love them. YMMV, as there are plenty of people who agree with JB. But as someone who has an iphone and the apple watch, it syncs everything pretty flawlessly. I'd have to imagine the powerbeats are essentially the close to the same thing though, as apple owns beats. I don't know how much they cost though or what features they may have.

I'd try them all if I were you if possible. I've been using my airpod pros since they came out as my headset every day at work, and love them. YMMV, as there are plenty of people who agree with JB. But as someone who has an iphone and the apple watch, it syncs everything pretty flawlessly. I'd have to imagine the powerbeats are essentially the close to the same thing though, as apple owns beats. I don't know how much they cost though or what features they may have.

I think it is a pretty good fence to sit on, because honestly you are going to get a great pair regardless of where you fall. In my opinion they are all pretty darn close, so I let size and price play a big role there.

I was in a similar place. Ended up happy. good luck finding the pros. None in stock around me at all.

Those were the three we were trying to decide between too before we ultimately went with the 75t.

Jenn has the Galaxy Buds and I like them quite a bit, but I think there is some room for improvement there and my guess is they will be updating them soon.

I got my sister powerbeats pro for xmas, which of course she hasn't used yet so I have zero feedback from her. I've been a past fan of the ear hooks back when I was running a bit.

My current ones are built more like the Jabra's, small in-ear style with a compact case. I use them mostly walking from my parking garage to the office and when mowing the lawn. Generally if I'm doing something around the house, like writing an article, I throw on my Sony 1000-MX3 because they are super comfortable for longer listening periods and the NC is top notch. Hope it blocks out a crying baby haha

I really don't want to go Airpods Pro route because I still don't dig the stem style. But I appreciate all the reviews on them and the seamlessness they offer with apple products. Even though I have iphone, ipad, macbook, I still have yet to have anything that has that ecosystem connectivity.

I was in a similar place. Ended up happy. good luck finding the pros. None in stock around me at all.

they have some coming in around me next week that I can "reserve"

they have some coming in around me next week that I can "reserve"

FWIW, I’ve had my Jabras in my ears non-stop since about 8 am this morning (3 hours now) and really don’t have any discomfort.

I was pretty attached to the idea of the AirPods because of the ability to switch between devices (I’ll watch a movie on my ipad, but be THPing on my phone at the same time and want to watch a quick video on my phone, or take a phone call) and with these being actively paired to two devices at once I’m pretty happy. Audio switches seamlessly, the hearthrough function is pretty cool as well. Lots of features in a very small package.

How are they for activity? Stay in there well?

My Dad bought a pair that he wasn't impressed with, kept falling out at the driving range.

FWIW, I’ve had my Jabras in my ears non-stop since about 8 am this morning (3 hours now) and really don’t have any discomfort.

I was pretty attached to the idea of the AirPods because of the ability to switch between devices (I’ll watch a movie on my ipad, but be THPing on my phone at the same time and want to watch a quick video on my phone, or take a phone call) and with these being actively paired to two devices at once I’m pretty happy. Audio switches seamlessly, the hearthrough function is pretty cool as well. Lots of features in a very small package.

yeah the two devices at once is killer. It's one feature I wish my sony cans had. In reality I'm torn between the Jabra and the Beats. Airpods pro would probably rank 3rd on my list due to price and style

My Dad bought a pair that he wasn't impressed with, kept falling out at the driving range.

I’ve worn these to the gym the last two nights (pitter patter Dan), no issues on the elliptical or while lifting weights. They’ve got different sized tips of course which help, and it seems like the way they sit in your ear, most of the earbud is held in place by your outer ear.

Just did a pretty intense head shake test. ?? And they didn’t move at all.

I’ve worn these to the gym the last two nights (pitter patter Dan), no issues on the elliptical or while lifting weights. They’ve got different sized tips of course which help, and it seems like the way they sit in your ear, most of the earbud is held in place by your outer ear.

Just did a pretty intense head shake test. ?? And they didn’t move at all.
without video, did it really happen?

Did he buy the 75t or the 65t? The 75t got substantially smaller in size.

Back