Encounters with the Touring Pro kind....

Thats awesome! Very cool story.

Was he hitting it straight?

I'm sure the range staff must hate it when he pulls out the driver!lol

Thats pretty crazy. Good to hear he was really approachable. I dont think I could get my jaw off the floor before he left the range!

I'm sure the range staff must hate it when he pulls out the driver!lol
No they were out there with me but i don't think the GM of the course likes it

Thats pretty crazy. Good to hear he was really approachable. I dont think I could get my jaw off the floor before he left the range!

His Car when he left was great he drives a Bright Yellow Corvette

WOW!!! That's all I can say about this experience. I would sure love to meet a long ball hitter.

that's crazy awesome. I get mad when my friends hit their irons 20yds past me, I don't know how I'd handle that!

Thats awesome. How well did you hit his driver? I had a similar experiance two guys were at the range one with a Krank staff bag and the other with a Cobra staff bag and each had a 7 iron and 6 drivers. It was cool to sit back and watch.

That's a different day at the range! What does he do from a hundred yards? putt?

So i was at my local range today in Lodi CA hitting balls and talking to a buddy when this big strong guy starts hitting a few places down from us we watch him hit a few lob wedges about 150 yards then he starts pumping 8 irons out 210+ yards and is hitting his 5 iron to the back of the range maybe 280 or so which is where i hit my drives i start looking close at his bag he has a old nakashima staff bag (which is not that unusual around this area as they are based out of stockton) his irons are nakashima but his driver head cover was one that i have not seen before then starts hitting drivers he is launching them 400+ yard over the tee boxes behind the driving range His driver was long and had a white shaft which i had never seen I final when up and started to talk to him and noticed his Drivers were Krank's and his bad said Ryan Winther then the name clicked i was hitting next to the 2012 Long Drive champ. Ryan was way cool he was nice enough to let me try one of his Krank drivers which i toe shanked

I was about to ask if it was Ryan Winther hahaha. But that is awesome - I am happy to hear that he was a nice guy.

Thats awesome. How well did you hit his driver? I had a similar experiance two guys were at the range one with a Krank staff bag and the other with a Cobra staff bag and each had a 7 iron and 6 drivers. It was cool to sit back and watch.

I did not hit his driver very well at all i toe shaked it a few times and speed up my tempo which messed up my swing and the thing was super light felt like a feather

That's a different day at the range! What does he do from a hundred yards? putt?

He was acual working on that while he was out there he hits a lot of 1/4 and 1/2 shots with his wedges or pitches when he is close he was getting ready to play a few tour dates on the japan tour

2008 Open at Royal Birkdale I had clubhouse pass as friend is a member there. On the Wednesday we were in the clubhouse having pint or two. Went to toilets and Jim Furyk was in there.
I said to him 'I must shake your hand Mr Furyk', to which he replied 'please let me wash it first'.

Did you proceed to laugh your a** off after he said that? Classic Jim Furyk dry wit there.

Wow. His internet driver distance must be like 600 yards!

Cool story, thanks for sharing! It must feel like sitting in a Nissan when a Veyron appears next to you :D

that's awesome. I would take him on in a long drive contest. My driver vs his 9 iron

That is way cool. I've seen Jamie Sadlowski hit balls and play a round and it is truly incredible to watch.

that's awesome. I would take him on in a long drive contest. My driver vs his 9 iron
Sorry honey but my money wouldn't be on you.

Played right in front of Gary Woodland and a group of his buddies at Shawnee County Country Club one time. His tee shots were MAMMOTH.

Back