Encounters with the Touring Pro kind....

Lived in the same neighborhood as Hunter Mahan. Used to see eachother at the range at the CC all the time.

That is cool! I asked Mat Hoss at one tournament if I could hit the Krank driver he was using and he flat out told me "No". LOL! When I told him that Bobby Bradley once let me hit his Krank driver he said, "Bobby gets his equipment taken care of......I do not." I understood then. Ha!

Anybody here ever have Tiger Woods hold a door open for them?

Anybody here ever have Tiger Woods hold a door open for them?

Just a rope line while volunteering. I said thanks, he gave a nod. Kinda like I'd expect with anyone

Just a rope line while volunteering. I said thanks, he gave a nod. Kinda like I'd expect with anyone

Where do you have the rope he touched? In a shoe box in your closet?

Got stuck on a tee box due to crowd size. There was a spot on the other side to squeeze out and as I went toward the rope to duck under and out, he assisted. Nothing exciting.

Got stuck on a tee box due to crowd size. There was a spot on the other side to squeeze out and as I went toward the rope to duck under and out, he assisted. Nothing exciting.

My point is, cant believe I have to explain this, is that you snuck back, cut the rope he touched, and added it to your Shrine O' Tiger.

Played a web.com pro-am with Whee Kim today. He and his caddy were great and made sure our group had a good time.

The greens at Kinderlou Forest were not so accommodating; however. Someone told us they were running "only" 10.5 today and would be 12 or so for the real tournament. Fastest greens I've ever played!

I played the TPC Sawgrass Valley Course in a group right in front of Jonas Blixt and his tall blond Swedish sister a few months ago. Never talked or anything, but they were there behind us all day.

I attended a corporate shindig at Fred Funk's house recently and he and his wife were there. Super nice. He was very open and friendly, talked golf with lots of us. This was just before the Masters, so we talked Augusta and Masters picks, Tiger, etc. Got to see the trophy room and some of his old Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup bags and shoes, photos, plaques, etc. Very cool stuff.

When I was a kid, my Uncle, Grandfather and I went down to OK City to the 1988 PGA Championship at Oak Tree. Craig Stadler was a fun guy to follow and watch and he was more that willing to have a conversation with my Uncle.

A few years ago I was on the range at Colbert Hills in Manhattan, KS and Jim Colbert came up and stood behind me for a few shots. I turned around, introduced myself and he said, "that's a good looking swing you've got there young man." - Having a touring pro tell you you've got a good looking swing is a pretty cool experience...

My point is, cant believe I have to explain this, is that you snuck back, cut the rope he touched, and added it to your Shrine O' Tiger.

You know what they say about jokes you have to explain the punch line to...

I volunteered for a tournament and one of Bill Murray's friends was playing in it so I got to walk 18 with him.

And Tom Kite gave me a bag of peanuts

I played with Kris Tamulis and Meredith Duncan from the LPGA. Both were very normal girls that happened to be able to play golf really well. They were a lot of fun to spend a day with.
Old school bump for Kris. I've been seeing her name on a lot of leaderboards lately. She was 20 at Kingsmill, 26 at the Women's Open, and I saw this morning she's T6 after yesterday's round.

Chella Choi won her first LPGA event last week. She is a member of my old private club (2013) and seen her on the range a bunch and played with her a few a few times. Glad to see her break out and win her first tournament.

I met Jerry Barber and son and Al Geiberger and son at a course in Atlanta Ga that was close to where they were having a senior event at ( CC of the south). The fathers acted like pricks when people talked to them. Whereas the sons were very open and gave me some great swing tips on the range during the father son clinic. Al Geiberger was a complete idiot

I volunteered at the Deutsche Bank at Boston TPC last year on the Shot Link crew. Training for me was during practice rounds so I got up close with a lot of them. I especially liked meeting Kucher, Mastuyama (he doesn't speak English but his interaction with the kids especially made me like him) Furyk and Frank Nobilo.

Back in the day when the Senior Tour was in my area, was hanging around the range and got to spend some time with Chi Chi and Travino. Lots of laughs and personalities that could fill a stadium.

Back