Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
too much club for me lol

I was reading about how it's kinda limited and probably one of the harder clubs in terms of accuracy... I just need a list of low/mid launch drivers... Or a good ol' Miyazaki fitting haha!

Yeah Superdeep is meh. There are plenty of them at some shops in Phoenix. Theyre down to 399. The RIP shaft is sick though. I hit one in a 9064 and SD. Have you tried the RIP? Low launching shaft for me Its late so I apologize if I missed you have tried one.
I was reading about how it's kinda limited and probably one of the harder clubs in terms of accuracy... I just need a list of low/mid launch drivers... Or a good ol' Miyazaki fitting haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Superdeep is meh. There are plenty of them at some shops in Phoenix. Theyre down to 399. The RIP shaft is sick though. I hit one in a 9064 and SD. Have you tried the RIP? Low launching shaft for me Its late so I apologize if I missed you have tried one.

Yeah, hit the RIP red eye x-stiff in an 8.5 9064 Adams. It dropped my flight a bit, but didn't really add distance. Ideally, I just need to wear out a launch monitor with... damnit... all I am going to do here is describe what you guys did at the outing hahaha!

I'm itching for a putter purchase.

I think its the fact that I have 4 out being either refinished, built, or adjusted lol. That and since football season allows me no time to play golf, this is when I do most of my instant-gratification purchases lol.

I want to complete my set of wedges. I'd like to find a 50º forged wedge so I can get rid of the 52º currently in my bag. Having a 52º and a 54º doesn't make a lot of sense. Finding a 50º wedge is pretty hard around here though. I don't even know if Nike made a 50º VR wedge.

forged? check out the new Mizuno MPT-11 line......
I want to complete my set of wedges. I'd like to find a 50º forged wedge so I can get rid of the 52º currently in my bag. Having a 52º and a 54º doesn't make a lot of sense. Finding a 50º wedge is pretty hard around here though. I don't even know if Nike made a 50º VR wedge.

Gonna look for a decent LH starter set. I need to see if that helps my game.

Lol. Those shafts I really liked. I tried a X just cause and it didn't feel any different to me from the stiff. Then I hit the ball and I could tell haha.
Yeah, hit the RIP red eye x-stiff in an 8.5 9064 Adams. It dropped my flight a bit, but didn't really add distance. Ideally, I just need to wear out a launch monitor with... damnit... all I am going to do here is describe what you guys did at the outing hahaha!

i'm pondering a ghost. not the daytona but the originial ghost. it intrigues me.

I found a Titleist 909d3 with a Graphite Design DI 6x near new I can pick up for 200$....I hate buying drivers I have never hit but this may be too good of a deal.

i'm pondering a ghost. not the daytona but the originial ghost. it intrigues me.

I love mine TC, but I'm a terrible putter. The only drawback is the insert is pretty bad compared to the Odyssey.

I found a Titleist 909d3 with a Graphite Design DI 6x near new I can pick up for 200$....I hate buying drivers I have never hit but this may be too good of a deal.

I thought you had a driver fitting coming up? Why buy anything until after the fitting?

I thought you had a driver fitting coming up? Why buy anything until after the fitting?

I am coming here to discuss my problem like AA JB....you are my counselor!

I am coming here to discuss my problem like AA JB....you are my counselor!

If you have a driver fitting coming up there is NO WAY I would consider buying a driver now, only to have to replace it or want to replace it in a couple of weeks.

WHat are you going to do after your fitting when you know exactly what you need? Are you going to keep buying? I mean the goal is lower scores right? hehe and once you have those optimal launch numbers, then why change? haha

If you have a driver fitting coming up there is NO WAY I would consider buying a driver now, only to have to replace it or want to replace it in a couple of weeks.

WHat are you going to do after your fitting when you know exactly what you need? Are you going to keep buying? I mean the goal is lower scores right? hehe and once you have those optimal launch numbers, then why change? haha

Yah you're exactly right...as good of a deal as it is it would just be a waste of money. That's all I needed...someone to put it in perspective!

Lol. Those shafts I really liked. I tried a X just cause and it didn't feel any different to me from the stiff. Then I hit the ball and I could tell haha.

haha yeah it really does make a difference.. It lowered my launch angle a bit, but it did more to keep my ball straight than anything else.

Well, got the 4dx CB´s and moving on to hybrids. I really like the looks of the 5dx (Nickent). thinking of getting myself a 3 and 4 regular. Most of the 5dx comes with fujikura level5 shafts, and I haven´t tried those. How would you rate them compared to V2 shafts? I really like the V2´s.....

Well, got the 4dx CB´s and moving on to hybrids. I really like the looks of the 5dx (Nickent). thinking of getting myself a 3 and 4 regular. Most of the 5dx comes with fujikura level5 shafts, and I haven´t tried those. How would you rate them compared to V2 shafts? I really like the V2´s.....

Here is our review of the entire Hybrid line by Nickent.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=1064

John Hoeflich is/was one of the people that created the original hybrid and clearly knows what works and doesn't.

Thanx JB! I think I´ll just grab a couple of 5dx and see how they work out. They´re not that expensive compared to what I pay for hybrids in Sweden. Just a bit hard to come by(5dx) since they´ve stopped production(out of business). I´ll probably find some on Ebay though. Pity they went under before the 5dx driver hit the market. The Evolver was a really nice driver.

Thanx again JB, great review on the hybrids!!!

Thanx JB! I think I´ll just grab a couple of 5dx and see how they work out. They´re not that expensive compared to what I pay for hybrids in Sweden. Just a bit hard to come by(5dx) since they´ve stopped production(out of business). I´ll probably find some on Ebay though. Pity they went under before the 5dx driver hit the market. The Evolver was a really nice driver.

Thanx again JB, great review on the hybrids!!!

Check out the WIlliams FW32 Driver if you want to see what the 5DX driver was going to be like.

WOW!!! That looks like.........LAS VEGAS!

Now how do I break this news to the Mrs, She´ll kill me if I buy a new driver:angry

Price?

WOW!!! That looks like.........LAS VEGAS!

Now how do I break this news to the Mrs, She´ll kill me if I buy a new driver:angry

Price?

Pricey. $499 I believe. You can check out what the THP Demo Day participants had to say about all the new Williams stuff in the forum. As well as see our review of the FW32 Hybrid on the home page.

Taking the plunge into JPX 800's finally talked myself into spending the money. Doesn't hurt that PGA SS is offering 50% bonus on trade-in, so I've to take advantage of it. Thinking 6,7,8,9,PW,GW,SW as I've got to get 7 irons with the trade program and I'll buy the 58* in the 11 or 10, whichever I prefer.

Question though, with the mizuno fitting gizmo taking much of the time out of the equation does it sound dumb of me to want to get fit 2-3 times to kinda get an average, since my swing does have some "issues" and can change from one round to the next. So my thinking was that a average might alleviate getting something that was set up for me on a bad day or vice versa, make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back