Euro soccer 2012-13 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini finally stopped messing around and reverted to the successful 4-2-3-1 formation that the won the league last year. I hope he finally puts that awful 3-5-2 to bed. It really screwed up the defence.

That formation has been working for Tottenham as well. Although, admittedly, the Spurs have at times been a little slow around the 80th minute to get back in defensive mode after a press towards goal. Early in the season we gave up late minute goals. Now that the team appears to be in better fitness, that doesnt appear to be a problem at the moment. Real test with Chelsea coming up!

Mancini finally stopped messing around and reverted to the successful 4-2-3-1 formation that the won the league last year. I hope he finally puts that awful 3-5-2 to bed. It really screwed up the defence.

Agreed. I am still surprised at all the new names on the squad as well. I'm still bummed they let Adam Johnson go. Him and David Silva on opposite sides meant for a fun match.

Agreed. I am still surprised at all the new names on the squad as well. I'm still bummed they let Adam Johnson go. Him and David Silva on opposite sides meant for a fun match.

Johnson was great as an impact sub but went missing or had little influence when he started. Plus he neglected his defensive duties, a big no-no with mancini. He wanted regular starts and he wasnt going to get tht with city. Good luck to him.

Of the new players, Garcia is a great aerial presence and a tough tackler, but looks slow, i'll give him time as the premier league is notoriously fast. I think he will be a slight upgrade on De Jong.
I like the looks of the young defender Nastasic. Hes only 19 but looks assured already. He has huge potential. A big upgrade on Savic.
Sinclair looks like a johnson replacement, he will have to get used to being a sub. I didnt see much upside in buying sinclair besides his nationality as he ups the quota of english players for squad requirements.

So in all it looks like mancini has upgraded which should bode well as long as he stops timkering with formations.

+ 1 on letting Johnson leave. Must have been an attitude thing, that kid sure have some moves. City´s got an amazing squad and hopefully for the rest of the teams Mancini will tinker them to death. Keep that squad intact for a couple of seasons and the rest of the prem will fight for second place.

I just want to point out the it was the Tottenham midfielder, Clint Dempsey, that scored the goals that beat Guatamala and allowed the US to advance to the next world cup qualifying stage.

But boy did we look weak!

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule

All times Eastern.

Saturday, October 20:
  • Tottenham vs Chelsea, 7:45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com
  • Man United vs Stoke, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Fulham vs Aston Villa, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Liverpool vs Reading, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Brom vs Man City, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Ham vs Southampton, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Swansea vs Wigan, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Norwich vs Arsenal, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer

Sunday, October 21:
  • Sunderland vs Newcastle, 8:30am, FOX Soccer
  • QPR vs Everton, 11am, FOX Soccer

Watching the Tottenham/Chelsea match this morning, and again it strikes me just how good the teams at the top of the Premier League are. Just some beautiful soccer and some serious talent between the two sides. Of course, it doesn't hurt my impression of them that my recent comparison is CONCACAF WC qualifying.

We have the City game recording now and will be watching this evening. I am just avoiding this thread until about 11:00 tonight!

We have the City game recording now and will be watching this evening. I am just avoiding this thread until about 11:00 tonight!

4-0 City is losing...haha Nope I was just dreaming. Watching Man U, have no clue what the actual score of the City game is. Rooney with 2 headed goals, Score is 1-1..haha woops.

City pulls out a 2-1 win over West Brom. Dzeko comes in late and scores the equalizer and the game winner.

Hard to believe City is sitting in third after not looking good for so long this season.

My wife was born in Scotland and I have become a Celtic supported, after all my name is Tim. I know the english premier league football is miles better than the SPL. With that being said I support Manchester United, but and a big fan of Gareth Bale, so Tottenham unless they are playing Man U.

City pulls out a 2-1 win over West Brom. Dzeko comes in late and scores the equalizer and the game winner.

Hard to believe City is sitting in third after not looking good for so long this season.

That was a fantastic win, playing with 10 for 80% of the game and to then a goal down with 15 minutes left. To be homest, even when WBA scored i still thought city would get something fom the game. There were just too many good opportunities being created.

UNtil milner got sent off, i thought city were very comfortable and were easily the best team. West brom were struggling with the short crisp passing and movement. It was a joy to watch. I really enjoyed the game.

The match stats show city dominated the game which with only 10 men and at an away ground that has been very hard on visiting teams so far. I think we're starting to gel again. Must win game against Ajax this week.

I'm scared for City. I think we need to find a groove or we are going to continue to struggle.

I'm scared for City. I think we need to find a groove or we are going to continue to struggle.

Nah, we are playing much better. Mancini has gone back to the formation that works. We just need Kompany to regain some form and everything will be back on track.

I'm a Liverpool fan, finally Rodgers got his first home win. Hopefully the flood gates will now open. We're still seriously lacking a goal scoring striker, we've lacked one since Torres left :(

All times Eastern.

Tuesday, October 23:
  • Shakhtar Donetsk vs Chelsea, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Manchester United vs Braga, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go

Wednesday, October 24:
  • Arsenal vs Schalke, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Ajax vs Manchester City, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go

Thursday, October 25:
  • Maribor vs Tottenham, 1pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Liverpool vs Anzhi, 3pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Newcastle vs Bruges, 3pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

A little late for Tuesday's games, but the City game on Wednesday is the important one.

City v Ajax was UGLY!! Mancini completely embarrassed himself. He panicked and changed formation 4 times. That is ludicrous and no surprises city looked a shambles.
Ho-hum. Back to the premier league and hopefully 3 points on Saturday.

City v Ajax was UGLY!! Mancini completely embarrassed himself. He panicked and changed formation 4 times. That is ludicrous and no surprises city looked a shambles.
Ho-hum. Back to the premier league and hopefully 3 points on Saturday.

+1. City looked terrible against a mediocre Ajax side. Hopefully we go and clean the table at home against Madrid and Ajax and hopefully, pick up a point at Dortmund. Madrid never play well away from home.

Huge win for Olympiacos today. We are still in the hunt.

All times Eastern.

Thursday, October 25:
  • Maribor vs Tottenham, 1pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Liverpool vs Anzhi, 3pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Newcastle vs Bruges, 3pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

Saturday, October 27:
  • Aston Villa vs Norwich City, 7:45am, FOX Soccer
  • Arsenal vs QPR, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Reading vs Fulham, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Stoke vs Sunderland, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Wigan vs West Ham, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Manchester City vs Swansea City, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer

Sunday, October 28:
  • Everton vs Liverpool, 9:30am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com
  • Newcastle United vs West Brom, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Southampton vs Spurs, 11am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Chelsea vs Manchester United, Noon, FOX Soccer

Good to see Man City get their second clean sheet of the season. Hard to believe they have allowed so many goals this year.

FOX Soccer will stop broadcasting Premier League games after this season. NBC Universal paid $83 million for the rights.

http://epltalk.com/2012/10/28/14-th...overage-plans-for-the-premier-league-2013-16/

14 Things We Know So Far About NBC’s US Coverage Plans for the Premier League 2013-16

Posted on October 28, 2012 by The Gaffer

After NBC Univeral’s announcement tonight, we now know a lot more about their Premier League coverage plans for 2013-16.

Here’s what we know so far:

1. NBC will make all Premier League matches available for viewing.

2. All of the Premier League games will be shown live. Games will not be shown on tape delay.

3. NBC’s English-language networks will show 6 live Premier League games a week. One or two of NBC’s cable will be used along with NBC Sports Network. Other games will be streamed live.

4. NBC Sports Network will be the main channel to watch most EPL games.

5. Approximately 18-20 Premier League matches per season will be shown live on free-to-air NBC, primarily on Saturdays.

6. Telemundo and mun2 will show Spanish-language coverage of the Premier League in the U.S.

7. Among the TV channels where Premier League matches may be viewable are NBC, NBC Sports Network, Telemundo and mun2; among other channels which could include CNBC, MSNBC, USA and Bravo.

8. Matches will also be live-streamed on the NBC Sports Live Extra platform across web, tablet and mobile devices.

9. Mid-week Premier League games will be available digitally or through some sort of arrangement with MVPDs (multichannel video programming distributors) on some sort of pay TV package.

10. NBC’s coverage of the Premier League will begin with the 2013-14 season (in August, 2013) and will end with the 2015-16 season (in May, 2016).

11. NBC will include pre- and post-match shows, as well as highlight and weekly wrap-up programs

12. NBC may partner with BT on production. The two media companies have already had early talks regarding a deal.

13. It’s a near guarantee that NBC Sports soccer commentator Arlo White will be a prominent role in the coverage of the Premier League.

14. NBC will be in an acquisition mode to hire talent for its coverage of the Premier League.

The only major questions marks I have thus far are: 1) How much will their premium package cost to ensure that Premier League fans in the United States can have access to all of the live games throughout the entire season, 2) How many of the games will be shown in HD, and 3) Will the matches feature NBC commentators, or will the audio feed from TWI/IMG be used instead (as FOX Soccer does except for rare circumstances where they use the Sky Sports audio feed)?

Wohoo. Tottenham sneaks into the top 4... where we belong!

I would imagine in this day and age that ALL the games will be HD. Watching a game in SD now is awful.
For the commentators, i recall reading somewhere that the Premier League is strict over how it is presented as it markets itself as a brand and as such will only allow the stable of british commentators you hear week in week out o be used. You cant use your own commentry. Whether NBC have managed to negotiate that, i have no information, but that is how all current rights deals are.

Spurs looking good. Im a Dempsey fan, and glad to see him doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back