Fast Food French Fries

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking with a friend today we were comparing fast food french fries. He says nobody can touch McDonalds. I say that Chick Fil-A waffle fries are even better and Five Guys has better than both. So what say you, who has your favorite fast food fries?

Five guys is good. I always liked Wendy's as true fast food fries. Steak n Shake has the worst fries.

Wendy's was good until a few years ago when they started serving garbage fries.

While I agree with JB on CFA and Five Guys being superior to McDonald's, I am partial to Checkers.

McDonalds is my favorite, but 5 Guys is right there behind them.

I like Five Guys, but sometimes they're too greasy.

Regular plain Jane fries? McDonalds hands down.

Any type of fry? Rally's/Checker's hands down.

McDonalds and Chick Fil A for me. Five Guys is only good if they're Cajun Style. Overall, their fries don't do it for me one bit.

McDonald's indeed has the run on fast food fries, by a long shot! Behind them I also like 5 Guys with Wendy's and their Sea Salt fries pretty close behind. Great, now I want some fries!!!

I will add that "Natural Cut" is the worst thing to happen to fries since their inception. Shoestring being a close 2nd to being a turd.

5 guys for me. Their friend fries are fantastic.

Hard to beat McDonalds and Chic. Five guys are too greasy for me. I think I could eat McDonald's fries everyday.

I fancy myself a fry enthusiast and here is my opinion. McDonald's are great, Five Guys are too greasy, In-N-Out's are too...waxy? They have a weird texture. Chick fil A's are great, too. Anyone who's been to the Spokane area knows about Zip's. They are amazing, and they have the best tartar sauce.

Fresh McDonald's fries with just a little salt, are hard to beat, but once they are cold...yuck.

Wendy's are good.

5 Guys are good, too.

Arby's curly seasoned. So damn good.

Always preferred McDonalds - even though Chic's waffle fries are good. They just put in a Five Guys down the road from work, I'm gonna have to try it.

My personal favorite is Rallys/Checkers fries. McD's fries are great but nothing can compare to good seasoned fries.

McDonald's indeed has the run on fast food fries, by a long shot! Behind them I also like 5 Guys with Wendy's and their Sea Salt fries pretty close behind. Great, now I want some fries!!!

no wonder we are friends.

Chick Fil-A's waffle fries are AWESOME!! They have got to be my favorite fries out there...

Checkers has good fries, but I'd still do with McDonalds. I have actually went to Burger King and got a sandwich, and then drove to McD's for the fries.

Fast Food French Fries

BurgerFi has pretty good fries, but they aren't a very big chain. For big national chains Wendy's used to be my favorite, but now the natural cut ones aren't as good and they are always way too salty. I really like Penn Station and Chik-Fil-A fries.

and I'm not too much a fan of McD's fries honestly.

Cajun fries>McDonalds...waffle fries from chickfila are awesome...when drunk jack in the box curly fries give them all a run for their money.

Five Guys 1
Chick Fil A 1a

Does Carl's Jr. Crisscut Fries count?

Back