Final Contest - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right everybody, the event of a lifetime is getting closer and the final contest is going to be a lot of fun. Before we get into how to enter, let us explain what #TheGrandaddy is for those that might now know about it. The video below shows just a couple of memories of the 2013 event and this amazing few days that are truly life changing for the participants and all expenses paid.

When & Where
California (Carlsbad & Palm Springs)
December 8th-11th, 2014

What Is It
The war to settle the score. The Grandaddy is an event involving Team THP (which is made up of 8 participants that gain entrace via contests) taking on Team Callaway's marketing department known as the Zoo Crew. They won in 2013 and THP wants to even the score this year.

What is Included
Everything, as this is an all expense paid trip
Airfare, hotel stays, transportation, dinners and SWAG that will absolutely blow your mind
Multiple rounds of golf at one of the finest courses in the country
AND SO MUCH MORE

Team THP has a captain in #Cookie that is here to lead the 7 other troops that will gain entry via these contests. Every few weeks, THP has had a new contest and the winners are part of the team we are affectionately calling Team Basement Dweller (because internet golfers live in their mom's basements according to the Zoo Crew). Today, we are proud to continue this amazing event with the final contest for the last spot on the team.

Contest
One of the staples of Team Callaway and the Zoo Crew is none other than Scott Goryl, otherwise known as Scotty G. Truly one of the nicest people you will ever meet and a great ambassador to the team currently holding the belt. Scotty needs some encouragement to let out the inner beast of competitive mode from time to time, because he is just too nice. So your job will be to unleash that beast with some trash talk.

How To Enter
Your job is to come up with some creative trash talk for Mr. Goryl.

5 Steps To Success
1. Conjure up some fun and crazy trash talk for Scotty G.
2. Post your creative words on Twitter and include @HackersParadise & @ScottGorylCG as well as #TheGrandaddy
3. Copy Tweet and post in this thread
4. Repeat this with trash talk each day contest is open.
5. Sit back and relax and see if you are chosen for the event of a lifetime.

Rules
1. One entry per person per day
2. Your entries will be posted in this thread
3. Contest Open to all Albatross Club Members on THP. If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Deadline for the contest is Sunday October 12th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.

Good luck everybody and looking forward to seeing more great entries for the event of the year. The 2014 #TheGrandaddy is coming and it will be special

Trash talking Scotty G, here we go THP!!

The final spot for the golfing experience of a lifetime is here. Make EACH and EVERY entry count as it could be the one to get you into the BIG SHOW!

I'm excited to see entries start flowing and laughing my a$$ off while we give Scotty a taste of what's to come.

BRING IT!

edited to remove "the slouch" name

Last edited:
This is gonna be fun!!! My trash talk is about as weak as my game, so I am really gonna have to work at this one. Good luck everyone!!!

So this is not a nickname, just trash talk right?

So just to clarify, are we supposed to come up with a new name for Scotty or just trash talk him ? (see #4)

2. Post your creative words on Twitter and include @HackersParadise & @ScottGorylCG as well as #TheGrandaddy
4. Repeat this with new name each day contest is open.

ScottyG really is one of the nicest people on the planet...even his archrival Johnny still likes the guy.

Good luck folks!!

• Admin
So this is not a nickname, just trash talk right?

So just to clarify, are we supposed to come up with a new name for Scotty or just trash talk him ? (see #4)

4. Repeat this with new name each day contest is open.

You got that before the edit or need to clear cache. That line was changed early on. NO NAME NEEDED!

You got that before the edit or need to clear cache. That line was changed early on. NO NAME NEEDED!

Great...thanks !

Oops.. Must have saw that too.

Edited mine to remove

Last edited:

The creative juices need to start flowing...but in all due respect I did this one for Scotty!

All or nothing time folks. ..

It kills me that I cannot make this trip happen, good luck everybody!

Last chance for the opportunity of a lifetime!

I was Captained by and got the opportunity to play with Scott at The Gauntlet. He truly is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, so it pains me to have to do this, but...

first entry

@ScottGorylCG I'm vying 4 the last spot @hackersparadise #TheGrandaddy & I've never been last kid picked, you have a lot. How do u do it?

gr8dryv (@rbenoitma) October 8, 2014

shanked the first one OB

Last edited:

Back