Finally Picked My New Irons

Flooder

Reaction score
Handicap
It's been a while since I've been able to get on here. Work has been insanely busy and I haven't had time to do much more than the very occasional lurking here of late, but I had to jump on today to share the good news.... I've finally bought new irons!!! Well, it took me long enough, right!?

After more than a year of hemming and hawing over several different sets, I selected the R11 irons. I upgraded to Nippon NS pro 950 shafts and Golf Pride multi-compound grips. They're ordered to my specs and will be in my hands in a week or so. I'm stoked! Throughout the process I looked at Burner 2.0s, CG16s, Cleveland Blacks, Ping I20s, Razr Xs, Cobra Amps, TM RBZs and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. The i20s came in a close second and yesterday I was down to the two sets. In the end the data suggested a near toss up with the i20s being a little higher launching and a little less distance variation, and the r11s with their stronger lofts being 8-10 yards longer and having slightly better dispersion. In the end, I had my heart set on the R11s and couldn't pass on the extra distance.

Now to dial in the yardages and then go shopping for hybrids and a fairway wood based on the gaps I need to fill. Hopefully that won't take another year!

Congrats on the new sticks!

Congrats on the new sticks Flooder. I was torn between a bunch also, R-11's won out in the end. Good choice. Man that's a fast turn around getting your Irons ,it took me almost a month. Enjoy

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new sticks!

Congrats on the new irons! I too spent several months comparing clubs. For me it came down to the R11's, AP1's, and the i20's. I liked all of them but in the end, the R11's had better overall performance for me (having tested all of them with the same shafts). I've been playing Ping for the last 12 years so this will definitely be a change for me. Best of all, my recently fitted for and ordered clubs arrived and I picked them up today! If the temperature wasn't in the 30's I'd be on the course now!!!

Congratulations Flooder. I hope they were you well.

Tap before talk.

Congrats on the new clubs. I hope they work well for you!

Congrats on your new Irons!!!

Nice purchase - I hope you love them!

Sounds like you did your homework. Great pick and have fun with them.

Congrats. I've been thinking about the r11s too, but now i need to try the I20s.

Nice choice, enjoy them.

Congrats, I love the R11s, great choice.

Congratz. Just spent 2 months shopping and testing irons before I decided on mine. I looked at the R-11s and thought they were a good solid set of sticks. I hope/think you will be really happy with them! Let us know how they play for ya.

Congrats on the new sticks... I would kill for some R11s.

Tap tap taparoo

congrats on the new clubs. it sounds like what i will be going through this spring looking for new clubs. r11's and i20's are both high on my list.

Congrats on the new irons. I hope the wait isnt too bad.

There are a mob of R11 users here. Welcome to the club and congrats.

Nice sticks Flooder, let us know how they play with the Nippon shafts

congrats on the new sticks. Hope they play well for you.

Welcome to the club!

Congrats on the new irons!! It's a great feeling!

congrats on the new sticks!

Nice!!! I think you'll be very happy with the R11s interested in how you like the shafts I think the KBS shafts are amazing personally but I know everyone has a different swing and different tastes.

Back