I can only dream... Haha. The X2 looks amazing though.

The Xi line looks great as well. How can the Xi (not the plus) be so accurate distance wise, without measuring spin? Wouldn't it essentially be a beefed up SC100?

Definitely different. It uses doppler design and a large cone at that. Its closer to the X2 than any of the cheaper consumer products.

Definitely different. It uses doppler design and a large cone at that. Its closer to the X2 than any of the cheaper consumer products.
Interesting. I've also heard the Xi is pretty much an X2 that has a "lock" so to speak, preventing the unit from displaying all the measurements. Or in other words, the Xi really does measures spin, it just doesn't provide users with the data.

Interesting. I've also heard the Xi is pretty much an X2 that has a "lock" so to speak, preventing the unit from displaying all the measurements. Or in other words, the Xi really does measures spin, it just doesn't provide users with the data.

I cant comment, because I only have used the + model which worked perfectly and had spin and axis on it.

Sounds like some really really interesting stuff from FlightScope! Seems to me they are really coming out with things to make people better golfers. Also I think their unit was used in Taylormade's new commercial with DJ, that to me says a lot!

Really cool info in here. The skills competition is cool. Interested in the future stuff

Most fun for me was doing a 2 hole closest to the pin challenge with one of the head engineers. I joked about having a lower SS the day prior. I got up to about 100 with driver and that was fine. His 7i SS was 101. He carried a 7i 212 on me with an -AoA of about -7. He was awesome, and then we talked a little swing stuff, then Orlando/Florida golf courses. He was pretty darn fun to talk with, probably would be a TON of fun to play a round of golf with.

Wow! That's a crazy 7i! I witnessed a guy getting ~208 off a 7i on an LM in Green Bay, turned out he was a strength trainer for the packers, pretty impressive to watch, not to mention humbling. lol

Looking forward to what's coming on this!

Definitely can't wait to hear more. I was looking into FlightScope's Xi line a few months ago. Didn't pull the trigger but it's something I'll be considering down the line.

Definitely can't wait to hear more. I was looking into FlightScope's Xi line a few months ago. Didn't pull the trigger but it's something I'll be considering down the line.

Mward tested out some of the Xi line. We were both quite impressed with the unit (stay tuned for which unit).

I spent a lot of fussy baby time last night perusing the Flightscope site on my Note4, just so much cool stuff, and I'll be honest, I didn't know the Xi or Xi+ even existed.

That might be the case but didn't get that indication from the rep last year when considering purchasing a unit. He seemed to be pretty honest with me and not really salesman pushy. We exchanged several emails and phone calls and his recommendation was to go with Xi+.

That might be the case but didn't get that indication from the rep last year when considering purchasing a unit. He seemed to be pretty honest with me and not really salesman pushy. We exchanged several emails and phone calls and his recommendation was to go with Xi+.
Well ya, I don't think anyone associated with the company would tell you that, otherwise they'd be loosing a ton of money. I have no experience with the unit. But when I was looking into purchasing one, I read several times on a simulator board that it's possible to buy the Xi unit and get all the same data as the Xi +. FYI I'm not condoning anything nor do I have proof this is possible.

The skills challenge sounds pretty dang cool. Sounds like it was a heck of a day.

I want one of these so bad.

I love these units, but the price is literally beyond ridiculous here . My buddy owns a golf facility and has both trackman and flightscope . He is very tech savy and told me the trackman has about $1500 worth of hardware in it . Basically the same as a higher end cpu you can pick up at any store

so your telling me the software to run it costs $27k??? !!!!. Just absurd , these units must have the biggest markup of any product available of any consumer product . That is what I would ask the flightscope team , at the most these units should be $3k ( trackman and flightscope)

I love these units, but the price is literally beyond ridiculous here . My buddy owns a golf facility and has both trackman and flightscope . He is very tech savy and told me the trackman has about $1500 worth of hardware in it . Basically the same as a higher end cpu you can pick up at any store

so your telling me the software to run it costs $27k??? !!!!. Just absurd , these units must have the biggest markup of any product available of any consumer product . That is what I would ask the flightscope team , at the most these units should be $3k ( trackman and flightscope)

yup trackman is pretty much 2x the cost of flightscope.

yup trackman is pretty much 2x the cost of flightscope.
Just a joke

how can they charge an absurd price like this ?? For both ???

i can see one day these sitting at a garage sale selling for $10 bucks ( in 30 years )

I wont get into the details of cost vs sale, but there is more than $1500 hardware in some of these machines. In fact quite a bit more. However keep in mind that FlightScope does not cost anywhere near $27,000. In fact its far less than half of that for their top of the line machine.

But isn't that the same as anything in this world? Why does an iPhone cost $700? Why does a car cost $30,000. Despite what is posted, labor is expensive. Ideas that get made are expensive (R&D) and bringing a product to market is expensive.

Well ya, I don't think anyone associated with the company would tell you that, otherwise they'd be loosing a ton of money. I have no experience with the unit. But when I was looking into purchasing one, I read several times on a simulator board that it's possible to buy the Xi unit and get all the same data as the Xi +. FYI I'm not condoning anything nor do I have proof this is possible.

for sure and like any piece of computing equipment i am sure there is a way to hack into the unit. I would never condone that behavior and wouldn't attempt it myself, nor could i probably and still keep some of the things i have going on professionally or plan to in the near future.

it sounded more like a software type upgrade from xi to xi+...maybe JB will/can expand on that later.

the xi+ is what i will be looking to get based solely on cost, which i am still trying to justify.

Based on the stuff I saw while there, it can be justified. And financed. Probably the worst word I heard all day, because that put a lot of ponder in my head.

That's why I find it funny when you see those breakdowns of how much each individual part costs when a new piece of tech cost. All that gets you is a bag of those parts. Somebody had to figure out how they all work together, and build something that works consistently enough so that it's useful. R&D isn't cheap. And there's a lot that's gone in to making these devices. And you pay more for the tight tolerances you get with the professional grade machines. Sure, you can get a Doppler based machine for a few hundred bucks, but it's going to miss a lot more shots, give you less information, and not be as accurate.

Based on the stuff I saw while there, it can be justified. And financed. Probably the worst word I heard all day, because that put a lot of ponder in my head.

I was hoping they were a cash only business. Otherwise you just take out 6 or 7 credit cards and tell them to spread it out across the board haha

Gosh dammit Wardy.

I have purchased roughly 10 computers in the past 3 years, and none of them had doppler radar.

That's why I find it funny when you see those breakdowns of how much each individual part costs when a new piece of tech cost. All that gets you is a bag of those parts. Somebody had to figure out how they all work together, and build something that works consistently enough so that it's useful. R&D isn't cheap. And there's a lot that's gone in to making these devices. And you pay more for the tight tolerances you get with the professional grade machines. Sure, you can get a Doppler based machine for a few hundred bucks, but it's going to miss a lot more shots, give you less information, and not be as accurate.

Correct. Those lesser devices are like the ES12, the SC100 and such. They work, but they're not 100% accurate.

I was hoping they were a cash only business. Otherwise you just take out 6 or 7 credit cards and tell them to spread it out across the board haha

Nope, much worse. They I guess have a lender they work with for some and they make the payments much less than your average car payment. It was one of those things I wish I didn't know, because you split that with a friend and AHHHHHH

Back