JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP spent the day at FlightScope HQ learning about their technology, devices and the future. Fantastic opportunity and a lot more coming soon.

b8ce6dde9552c4344feaa959ee721380.jpg

9d613df886a6c32a80a44cc813491d75.jpg

I really really really can't wait to hear more.

Nice pants Wardy!

studio looks pretty cool. Cooler than Wardy's pleats. Can't wait to hear more about this trip and how it compares to Trackman.

Those pleats were excellent. That device though.. You can do so much on it other than chase numbers. It was an incredible experience and the staff at Flightscope were nothing but first class the entire time.

sounds like some cool stuff, can't wait to hear more.

Was it "take a kid to work day"?

Enough with the teasers, I can't wait to see what you guys saw there.

Very interested in what you guys have from there. The stuff they do is very cool.

Looking forward to the feedback from the trip

Really interested in this. Can't wait to hear more...

I can say that I was literally blown away by the software. The accuracy was dead on for the testing and the software took it to another level for fun. Meeting the team was tremendous and we have some very cool things coming down the road including some Tech Talk segments with the people behind this type of technology.

I can't wait to hear what comes out of the trips to Trackman and Flightscope. I know that working w/ a monitor is often associated w/ chasing numbers, but I've found them especially helpful. I worked with one w/ my instructor extensively for the first time this winter instead of just hitting into a net, and I think this might be the first winter I might be coming out with a better swing than I came in with. Being able to see how changes reflect aspects of ball flight has been extremely helpful.

Very interesting stuff....patiently waiting for more......

That's awesome. Glad to see time going to these companies as I think we would all benefit by learning more about their functionality.

What I enjoyed the most about it all was the information they provided in their software. It was a little easier to understand their info vs on other Doppler machines. They basically gave me the exact same numbers, so they really are almost like the exact same product.

The main difference that I heavily enjoyed was the skills challenge. To be able to set your own custom target of any yardage really could give the owner their own custom top golf like experiences. You can also compare your skills against the best players in the world at given yardages, or to show the user where they need room for improvement. By bringing their results to their teacher (if not there in person) they can find out quickly what they're doing wrong and how to fix it significantly faster than just digging it out of the dirt in a trial and error like practice session.

There are good numbers to chase, and bad numbers to chase. Chasing optimum launch, spin, etc are bad. Chasing numbers that allow the user to fix a large out to in swing or vise versa though by just having a different thought or feel though is fantastic if put in the correct hands.

That's awesome. Glad to see time going to these companies as I think we would all benefit by learning more about their functionality.

The part that impressed me most was the people there. They understand the golfer. They understand their product. And they believe in both.

Is the skills challenge a new feature or one that has been underutilized in the past?

Is the skills challenge a new feature or one that has been underutilized in the past?

Couple years actually.

The best part is the skills challenge is completely world wide. If you have a flightscope and I have one, we could literally hit two 100yd shots in two completely different locations, and measure who hit it closer to the digital pin, along with anyone else in the world who also happened or wanted to join in.

Yes, to say the Skills App would make me want to practice is an understatement.

the skills challenge, price and ease of use (based on some of the OEM reps here using it) is what had me looking at the x2 last year. just couldn't justify the price. still want this one out of the three main LMs

Couple years actually.

The best part is the skills challenge is completely world wide. If you have a flightscope and I have one, we could literally hit two 100yd shots in two completely different locations, and measure who hit it closer to the digital pin, along with anyone else in the world who also happened or wanted to join in.

How is the skills part on Flightscope different from the Trackman Combine feature?

How is the skills part on Flightscope different from the Trackman Combine feature?

Completely different. FWIW, FlightScope as a Combine also. Skills is completely customizable in just about every aspect.

Back