Fly Fisherman??

I know man, I just put a travel rod on the Christmas list, I'll be back out there next month.

Cabellas has a solid 6 piece fly rod bro. With a decent carrying case. That won't break the bank.

Cabellas has a solid 6 piece fly rod bro. With a decent carrying case. That won't break the bank.

I'm going to check it out Kev, I loved the classic they made, made in USA and a good steady tip. Thanks dude.

I've never considered fishing for flies.....very interesting concept

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How are the Echo rods? I don't know anything about them but have been seeing them more and more.
I only have experience with the Echo Ion. I use a 7 weight for streamer fishing. It's been a great rod so far, no problem Hucking big articulated flies! Would like to try the Echo 3, 5 weight. Compare it to my Orvis H2.

df63b20aeab3856624b2e887f5a7e72a.jpg
Finally set up my tying station in the basement!

It's along winter in Edmonton. I have a putting Matt in the same room!
Thats a perfect use of available space!

My music making hobby keeps me going in the winter. As long as we have something...

Runoff season is beginning to show itself some, and the trout have moved out of their winter resting places and into the fast water feeding lanes to feast on stoneflies and caddis nymphs.

Ive gotten out on the water a half dozen times and havent been disappointed yet. Netting many, many fish in the 14"-17" range.

Here are a few shots I snapped while out on the river...

c592bc48bc9d27c39ec6cb39aa7c2c7f.jpg
5ee3889ddf06a9e5d93de21031a26771.jpg
de9537ca047fb0cb76bc51476d9e7307.jpg

Runoff season is beginning to show itself some, and the trout have moved out of their winter resting places and into the fast water feeding lanes to feast on stoneflies and caddis nymphs.

Ive gotten out on the water a half dozen times and havent been disappointed yet. Netting many, many fish in the 14"-17" range.

Nice work!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is one of the reasons I miss my home state.

Good looking trout.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dude those are beautiful, well done.

I've gotten out a bit lately here in the Carolinas and have had some similar experiences, when the buds start poppin the trout start hoppin

Headed to CO in June and plan to do this for the first time ever. Will have a good instructor and guide and looking forward to this very much!

Headed to CO in June and plan to do this for the first time ever. Will have a good instructor and guide and looking forward to this very much!

There's a great stream in Austin called the Guadalupe, it's the only stream in TX that holds trout all year and a buddy said it's excellent. I'm bringing a rod out in a couple weeks.

Dude those are beautiful, well done.

I've gotten out a bit lately here in the Carolinas and have had some similar experiences, when the buds start poppin the trout start hoppin
No doubt! I have to enjoy it while I can can because the rivers will be raging here in a few weeks
FYI, June is still runoff season here so your fishing will be on the tailwater rivers only. Where are you staying while you are here?

If you are in the Glenwood Springs area, Id be happy to take you out on the water, no charge. I used to guide here way back when so Im no stranger to teaching the art.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to catching a few brookies next weekend in the Smokies.

Wild Brook trout would be a blast. The only Brookies in our part of the trout word are novelties stocked in tailwaters.

My brother and I are on our way to southern Illinois for three days of Bluegill fishing. We spend most of our time spotting and sight fishing to 8-10 inch gills and 10-12 inch Redear. In finer sport on the three weight.

Got out for some fishing this past weekend. Had a buddy and his friend in town so I took them to some spots and we were hooking 17-19" fish with regularity. Runoff is still raging, but there is a couple of feet of visibility so the big fish are pounding big stoneflies in the slack water. These were the two biggest, a 23" 5+ lbs and a slightly smaller one at 22".

After golfing on Sunday, I stopped by a backcountry area that I heard was good and checked it out. It was absolutely gorgeous there. The stream required some walking in between spots, but I pulled about 10 rainbows up to 13" out of this tiny little stream in about an hour. What a day that was!
f1a4a4dc0ad8c616ec3d671eff70cb6f.jpg
9e5ff77b7d8607677943a5fd9e0efcc9.jpg
d40b4e83e5ad8e8b4b483d7076264671.jpg
43e957a6c18c3427fafa0e8e17fdfeb2.jpg
d6185f1a48efb292f3061b2f115fd37e.jpg

Have no idea what you said but looks outstanding!

Excellent, my girl friend and I are headed to Carbondale for a week in august. With any luck we'll find some green drakes. Thanks for the encouragement.

Excellent, my girl friend and I are headed to Carbondale for a week in august. With any luck we'll find some green drakes. Thanks for the encouragement.
Well hit me up! Id be happy to take you guys out to some spots. The drakes will be done on the Roaring Fork by then, but the still come off on the Fryingpan then, so dry dropper rigs with a lime trude on top works really well all day long.

Let me know if you want to golf while you are here too. My course is worth it, IMO.

Back