Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

i’m updating an old ipad and will try to use the fsx pro app. i tried again to tether the device to my phone through an app (maybe not the right app) and the device is recognized but can’t ever connect.

while pushing buttons like zoolander, i found that my club data was not fully enabled. i guess after signing up for the gold subscription, you still have to manually enable the full club data. SO….. this could mean the screen read outs will now give me all the numbers. which is excellent!

i suppose i’ll just have to go back to the range tomorrow. apologies in advance to the clients i have to meet with later in the day.

one last observation from today. after about 15 or so shots, a fatal error occurred and i had to reboot the device. it happens, but i didn’t expect that to happen within less than 20 minutes of its maiden voyage.

Got it all set up and hot around 50 balls. I must say I am very impressed. I’m coming from a SkyTrak and the GC3 is so much better. Not one missed shot and the software is very easy to setup/use. I also love the generous hitting window. Much larger than the SkyTrak. And alignment is very easy compared to my SkyTrak as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

back to the range this morning, now with the full club data turned on. that was very cool! the data is awesome to have. i think i have learned a couple things:

1- i think the device display reverts back to the "ready to hit" screen when it detects motion, particularly when it thinks a ball may be in the vicinity. so if you hit your shot, and don't step toward the device just look at the screen, the numbers will pop up long enough to read. the extra club data is on a separate screen, that will appear after a few seconds of the "main" screen. so you have three screens during use that can be accessed by swiping left or right: the ready screen that shows the trapezoid-y hitting area with a dot letting you know the ball is in the hitting zone, then the ball screen with data like ball speed, launch angle, launch direction, carry, sidespin, and backspin, and finally the club screen with club speed, club path, smash, and attack. here's a little gripe, though: obviously to swipe you need to be close to the unit. but a few sentences back i posited that the ready screen is triggered when the cameras detect motion. so if you take a step toward or lean a bit to access the screen to swipe and get more data, the cameras detect your motion and the screen may revert to the ready screen. i think all of this is a moot point when you have a tethered device like a laptop or smartphone to review the data, but obviously i'm still struggling to get that working.

2- there is a bit of data i'm second-guessing: attack, specifically strikes high on the face. i hit off mats this morning, and the range by my house has those "fuzzy" mats. kind of like your ball is in the first cut. it sits up nicely, but if you are a bit steep you can catch the ball pretty high on the face. every single time i did that this morning, the attack read at 2* or less, sometimes below 1*. now, if i'm swinging steeply enough with a mid-iron to hit the top of the face, i'm pretttttttty sure my attack is NOT essentially level. similar-feeling swings with more centered contact read attack that made a lot more sense. so it's bit of a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't decision between grass and mats. grass is kinda annoying because the hitting zone is limited and you have to move the unit around a fair bit, which may not be feasible depending on the layout and occupancy of the range. but now mats are a bit suspect (at least the ones by my house) because a higher strike appears to be giving a poor attack readout. fwiw the carry was still spot on with the improper attack, so that's impressive.

took this pic in the morning. doin work!

C4F1DB9B-285B-4BAF-ADDC-2D375FD4D91F.jpeg

How many looks did you get from others on the range?

just a couple! there weren’t too many people there at daybreak on a wednesday.

I didn't even think about divots on the grass and having to move it. Worth the data collection/fun though I think, but could get annoying if your in a groove.

Is there a software setting to lengthen the display time after the shot? Or is that only when your connected to a device?

I didn't even think about divots on the grass and having to move it. Worth the data collection/fun though I think, but could get annoying if your in a groove.

Is there a software setting to lengthen the display time after the shot? Or is that only when your connected to a device?

so far i haven’t found a setting on the unit to change the duration or default screen to display after a recorded shot

Reactions: J4U

Didn't even think about this aspect. That could definitely get annoying pretty quickly.

FYI, second drop from Bushnell is today. 12pm Central time according to their email. I am not ready to pull the trigger myself but hopefully some of you others that were hoping to get one can today. Good luck!

1635426843641.png

FYI, second drop from Bushnell is today. 12pm Central time according to their email. I am not ready to pull the trigger myself but hopefully some of you others that were hoping to get one can today. Good luck!

View attachment 9039180

It's starting to feel like the PS5 drops haha But that's good for Foresight

It's starting to feel like the PS5 drops haha But that's good for Foresight
Haha, this is true. I have been keeping an eye on ebay and such to see what the flipping market ends up looking like. So far, there really isn't one. Just one sold on the original launch date and a couple up for sale right now. So, hopefully most everyone who got one last drop are actual users of the device. And, I hope that trend continues.

How many looks did you get from others on the range?
You’d be surprised how many will look, but are afraid to come over. Happens all the time.

...and due to a meeting I missed the second release on the Bushnell Launch Pro.:cry:

...and due to a meeting I missed the second release on the Bushnell Launch Pro.:cry:

future look at Maynard during his next meeting when these are available

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
They are still available - looks like a second option offered up

They are still available - looks like a second option offered up

i think you're right. someone else told me they sold out super fast, but i'm able to add it to my cart.

now looks like it's sold out for me.

29B5737D-E004-497B-8031-7D588AD69B2E.png
Got my hopes up again….

Back