Forgiveness overrated?

Maybe JB can elaborate, but isn't that head a higher spinning head than a lot of what's out now?

The ST? Oh hell yes.

COR was done in 1998 I believe. My memory is fuzzy on a lot of those clubs, but I know in 2000 or 2001 the TaylorMade R300 came about.

But we dont want to turn this thread into a what clubs are forgiving and what arent. Its a good conversation.

COR was done in 1998 I believe. My memory is fuzzy on a lot of those clubs, but I know in 2000 or 2001 the TaylorMade R300 came about.

Its funny you mention that one, I've got one of those heads and an R500 at home on a shelf. No clue where the hell they came from though.

Right. I'm just trying to think of the "muscleback" of the driver world. The only two I can really think of are the Covert Tour and SLDR 430. Which makes me chuckle a bit.

J40 9.5

Here's an example. Back in the day.... before a lot of you were dreams in your mother's eye, I played a summer with my father's musclebacks. He wouldn't buy me a set of clubs. I was in college and destined for other things, but we had free golf privileges so I used his when he was at work. They were... heavy... but I learned to swing them. I got pretty good, too... bogey golfer by the end of summer.

I couldn't hit the 4 iron in the set very well, but I can hit my current 4 iron which is a GI iron, and I can hit it decently. I'm not a long hitter either. The thinner face and MOI helps get the ball up in the air. The tungsten weighting allows for some off center hits to at least go semi-straight. Nothing really goes off line unless I really miss, hitting the hosel or dead off the toe, which doesn't happen that often, but when it does happen, I go all the way with the miss.

Back