Forum Testing - Hirzl Golf Gloves

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and this month we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, trainings aids, golf balls and accessories to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

dsc_5854-M.jpg

Please make sure to send GG a PM for details on shipping
THE TESTERS:
  • Drumdog
  • DirtyDawg67
  • Ake84
  • Aaronthehack
  • jlbrown70
  • Arkie_3_Fan
  • Spacemanspiff
  • Beowulf
  • Royalwulff
  • adwillingham
  • BlueTitan
  • One-T
  • Rbrown2769
  • Mark

Details of the testing are in the spoiler to help keep this post easy to read.
Spoiler
This is a testing I am personally really looking forward to.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or simulator)
16 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.
Signup is open to anybody geographically, but you will be asked to pay a shipping charge of $3
THP has received LH gloves only (meaning for RH golfers). Anybody is open to sign up, but realize that the gloves being sent are for the left hand.

dsc_5855-M.jpg

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the glove out frequently (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update the company's Facebook page with your findings as well. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months.

Fit, Comfort, Look, Feel, Durability and Performance are all areas that should be tested and reported on.

dsc_5856-M.jpg

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions.

1. What size glove do you wear normally?
2. What is your current glove of choice and why?
3. How often do you normally replace your glove?
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove?

dsc_5857-M.jpg

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I participated in a previous glove testing, so I will pass on this one. But I'm interested to see how this glove performs.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? ML
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Bridgestone eGlove - very soft feeling glove
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? few times a year
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? Has a soft feel, but feels a little thick. Overall I am very happy with this glove

Thank you THP and Hirzl

1. What size glove do you wear normally? Large
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Nike Elite feel/ Weatherjoy
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? Every couple weeks
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? Love the way the elite feel "feels" but wear quickly. Weatherjoy doesn't feel well at all, but keeps hands dry in bad weatehr.

Wow, cool testing product! Thanks THP and Hirzl!

1. What size glove do you wear normally? M
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? FootJoy SPIDR2 because it fits great, is durable, and I love the soft feel.
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? I usually replace after about 15 rounds unless they wear out quicker.
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? If it gets wet in the palm, it hardens up and I need to replace it.

Last edited:
1. M/L
2. Srixon Cabretta, mainly because I love how soft it feels.
3. Every 4 weeks is when I definitely need a new one (About 10 rounds)
4. After several rounds it is noticably different in terms of feel. Plus in damp or moist conditions it really suffers.

Last edited:
Those are pretty sweet looking, and I know that it is open to everyone, but I would not be comfortable wearing a glove on left hand and don't feel I would be able to give a good/proper review of the product, so good luck to the testers, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Thanks to THP and Hirzl for the opportunity.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? L Cadet
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? FJ Spidr2 b/c it's the glove that has lasted the longest for me under all the sweat and humidity that I play in
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? Once every two months (roughly 8 rounds and 8 range sessions) realistically the way they wear I really should change them once a month (and that's playing with changing gloves at the turn in the hotter months)
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? Just moisture handling and how it turns rock hard after a round

Thanks for this opportunity THP and Hirzl.

I figured there might something coming down the line after the discussion yesterday, I just didn't expect it this soon. What a great treat. I'm really intrigued by this glove given the durability issues I face in the humid climate I play in. Really excited to see who is chosen for this test. Good luck everyone and thanks to THP & Hirzl!

1. What size glove do you wear normally? Medium
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Taylormade/Bridgestone full cabretta premium leather gloves
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? I relegate them to practice after about 3-4 rounds and less in the summer.
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? I wished they lasted longer and in the summer I wish they stayed dry.

1. Cadet Medium
2. Titleist Players glove. Softness of leather is best
3. Twice a season. I rotate gloves between rounds so they last longer.
4. Always tears in the thumb and heal

Would love to test these out as was looking at buying one anyway

1. What size glove do you wear normally?
XL
2. What is your current glove of choice and why?
Nike Soft Weather Glove, it is pretty durable and breathable meaning that my hand doesn't sweat in it
3. How often do you normally replace your glove?
Once it has become worn and is no longer a tight fit
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove?
Not all that good in the Wet

Again many thanks for the opportunity to potentially test a product that I am interested in :D

Another great opportunity! Thanks THP and Hirzl !

1. What size glove do you wear normally? XL
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Taylormade. I like the feel of them so far.
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? 2 to 3 times a year
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? I wear a hole in the palm/heel

1. Large
2. I have been switching brands to try and find a durable glove. FootJoy is typically what I have been wearing, but am wearing a TaylorMade R11 glove currently.
3. I typically get a new glove each month of the golfing season or when I tear the thumb or palm.
4. My biggest issue with a golf glove is wearing through the thumb and palm rather quickly. In the summer time my hands sweat a lot, which seems to ruin most gloves. I am very interested in this technology for that very reason.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? l/xl
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? FJ Weathersof, wear out gloves pretty fast, so tend to buy something cheap.
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? At least once a month
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? Wear them out to fast, and poor fitting for my hands.

Glove size- large
Current glove- taylormade burner or tm targa tour
How often do you replace your glove- 2-3 a season
Biggest problem with gloves- I wear a hole in the palms mainly

Thanks Thp for another chance at testing another product.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? Cadet Small
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? FJ Sta Sof
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? 3-4 times per year.
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? Sweating to much the glove gets wet and tears a hole in the thumb.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? Small
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Bionic Performance I like the feel and the durability.
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? Every 3 or 4 rounds
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? I wear out the heel part of the glove.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? med/large
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? taylormade r9 i love the soft feel
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? 6-8 weeks
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? swetty at times

Thank you THP and Hirzl! I think gloves are really underrated as far as importance and I had a hard time finding a good for the longest time.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? M/L
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? I use either a FootJoy StaSoft or Bionic glove.
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? When it starts tearing. I'm pretty bad about it. Ill buy when I see sales though and just replace when needed.
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? I love the comfort of the bionic but sometimes it's too thick and I don't feel as comfortable as the stasoft. Sta Soft is comfortable but doesn't protect my wrists as well as the bionic I find. I have a hard time finding the right balance.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? Mens ML
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? It varies - most recently Callaway Tour Authentic
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? Once a month (play 150+ rounds per year)
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? They wear in the forefinger and heal pad - also they get crusty

1. What size glove do you wear normally? L
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Bridgestone Golf Tour Glove, best combination of soft feel and durability I've found.
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? I would estimate after 6 or 8 rounds.
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? No problems with my current glove.

Thanks THP and Hirzl, I am really looking forward reading these forum reviews! Good luck to everyone hoping to get involved.

Very cool! Big thanks to Hirzl and THP for another great testing opportunity!

1. What size glove do you wear normally? Cadet ML
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Nike Dri-Fit Tour. I like the feel of the leather and it fits well.
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? Once, maybe twice a season, depend on wear.
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? The area on the butt end of the palm wears a bit. This is more due to my grip and swing more than anything though.

Another great test. Thanks THP and Hirzl.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? Cadet large or regular medium in a few brands (FJ Sta Soft)
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? FJ Sta Soft
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? 6 to 8 weeks
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? Sizing. Some brands run slightly larger and I like a very tight fit.

Awesome! Thanks for the great opportunity.

1. What size glove do you wear normally? ML
2. What is your current glove of choice and why? Taylormade Targa
3. How often do you normally replace your glove? About once a month or two.
4. What is the biggest problem (if any), you have with your normal glove? I tend to wear the thumb and heel of the grip out the most. Once I get a small hole in my glove I get rid of it.

XL
Cheapest leather glove I can find, I see no difference between a cheap leather and an expensive one so I might as well save a few dollars.
I can usually wear one for about 3 months if I don't play more than twice a week and if I use a synthetic or other indestructible glove to hit range balls at practice sessions in between rounds.
No problem with any of them.

Back