Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

So today was the first day I pulled in the driveway and had my heart beating a little bit faster. I know next week is the timetable but I can't help but hope. I'm so excited for these. I think the PX will be game changers for me

So today was the first day I pulled in the driveway and had my heart beating a little bit faster. I know next week is the timetable but I can't help but hope. I'm so excited for these. I think the PX will be game changers for me

you got me excited for a second, when I first read that I thought they had arrived haha

Extremely thrilled for you. I like your honest feedback and thoughts on clubs.

Ha - good stuff man!

I am hoping that by some small chance that since I did not have any loft/lie adjustments, etc that they may make it by this weekend.

I am expecting the VR Pro 52 degree wedge that I ordered today. UPS came by earlier and was at my door with just an envelope and I was like where is my golf club? This was an envelope with a check in it for me that I was expecting but forgot about and my club is on another truck. Keep checking the front door.... :banana:

While the below is not part of the "official" testing, as many of you know I ordered the 52 degree to match this set for the review and it was delivered about 10 minutes ago. While I may not have the entire set for tomorrow's range session or Saturday scheduled 36, I will have this baby to keep me company until it's compadres arrive! :golf:

DSC_9365.jpg

DSC_9366.jpg

DSC_9367.jpg

DSC_9368.jpg

I was really upset I didn't get chosen to test these clubs. HAHA! Anyways, I cannot wait to read this thread from the testers. I have been looking for a new set of combos to replace my 845's. These could be them!

The wedge looks great, that'll be perfect next to the irons!

I keep coming back to them, and when the irons hit my bag, I think the wedges won't be far behind.

Mcook those wedges are awesome. They would round out these irons perfect.

The wedge looks great! I can not wait to see the reviews of the iron sets! Congrats again to all!

Wedge is sweet mcook!

I'm looking forward to seeing the unboxing pics. Nike does make some pretty nice looking clubs.

Thanks for the comments guys! Since this set is a 3-PW and the PW is 47 degrees, I then had a gap of 7 degrees between my PW and SW (54). So, in my mind it made sense to put the 52 in there so I will now have 47, 52, and 60 (see sig). Hopefully I do not have issues between the 52 and 60...I just look at it as more opportunities to learn to play different shots with the 47 and 52.

Thanks for the comments guys! Since this set is a 3-PW and the PW is 47 degrees, I then had a gap of 7 degrees between my PW and SW (54). So, in my mind it made sense to put the 52 in there so I will now have 47, 52, and 60 (see sig). Hopefully I do not have issues between the 52 and 60...I just look at it as more opportunities to learn to play different shots with the 47 and 52.

I think you did the right thing, that was too big of a gap to have with those wedges, Im not good enough to play a 60*, they scare me

Yep, agreed, those wedges are awesome! They just scream excellence and then perform.

I am kind of interested in seeing how my gaps are mended going from 46/50/54 to 47/50/54...

I know it's a very small differential, but it'll be very interesting to see which one I use more.. Hopefully you get comfortable with yours dude!

I am kind of interested in seeing how my gaps are mended going from 46/50/54 to 47/50/54...

I know it's a very small differential, but it'll be very interesting to see which one I use more.. Hopefully you get comfortable with yours dude!

Thanks - it is definitely a change as I had 44 (PW), 49 (GW), 54 (SW), and 60 (LW). From a pure loft perspective, I am one club weaker through the set (PW loft is now 9i loft) so that will take some adjusting and thinking on the course to get it down. And of course, going from graphite to steel shaft can also play with my distance....now I am really confused what this might due to my yardage.

Looking forward to it though - will definitely be a challenge, but it is such an honor to even have this opportunity!!

I really really want these wedges in 52/56 and 60. I'm finding it harder and harder to resist :(

I really really want these wedges in 52/56 and 60. I'm finding it harder and harder to resist :(

I'm eyeing up a nice 52/56 combo with them too. They'd look sweet in the bag next to the irons. I also hear that resisting the urge to buy golf clubs is bad for you. Not that I'm trying to sway you..... :D

Same here, but I am currently searching for a different set than Nike.(Nickent Arc) The loft of the VR combos make it necessary to reassess my bag, but that is something I am more than happy to do. I am eager to get to the range and start recording some numbers. This is going to be good for Me, The Members, and Nike.

Same here, but I am currently searching for a different set than Nike.(Nickent Arc) The loft of the VR combos make it necessary to reassess my bag, but that is something I am more than happy to do. I am eager to get to the range and start recording some numbers. This is going to be good for Me, The Members, and Nike.

If the PW is 47 and you already have the Vokey's in 52, 56, and 60; why the need for new wedges? Also curious to know why you are looking for the Nickent Arc's instead of the Nike's?

I'm eyeing up a nice 52/56 combo with them too. They'd look sweet in the bag next to the irons. I also hear that resisting the urge to buy golf clubs is bad for you. Not that I'm trying to sway you..... :D

God, I am in trouble then as I am resisting so much at the moment - hehe

Back